Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 97 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 97 of 130 FirstFirst ... 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why I've got a Bonvoy AMEX. Marriot's benefits aren't as good as they once were, but having at least Gold is quite useful. Platinum is where it starts to get good (free suite upgrades when available).
    Want to send me a referral for the bonvoy in a few days? I'm looking to pick up the card before the Aug 3 cutoff.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Want to send me a referral for the bonvoy in a few days? I'm looking to pick up the card before the Aug 3 cutoff.
    I can refer you as well if npham doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Well the only thing confirmed is that Cap One is pulling out of Canada by end of 2021 so that also means their cobrand cards (both with Costco and HBC) is going to end.

If costco wants to continue with a cobrand card then presumably they would accept whatever card type their cobrand is. This article explains it well:
    https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/cap...co-partnership
    Oh wow, I wonder if that means I will lose my beloved Cap One Aspire World Elite. Hopefully they keep those grandfathered. I'm tired of getting new credit cards

EDIT: I can't find anything about them actually leaving Canada, only reducing their Canadian footprint by ending relationships with Costco and The Bay.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-08-2021 at 10:11 AM.

My Ride
    ute

The Costco change is great.

Although they've burned through an Amex partner, and a MC partner. I doubt their VISA partner will be so quick to take their deal.

My Ride
    Axis powers

People on reddit will pay you to be a referral, I'm getting offers for $50 on the platinum
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

How does it benefit them? There's so much I don't know.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    How does it benefit them? There's so much I don't know.
    They get a pile of points
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    People on reddit will pay you to be a referral, I'm getting offers for $50 on the platinum
    I got $100 for my AP reserve.

My Ride
    Axis powers

The platinum is giving 10k points on referral
    The AP reserve is giving 20k points on referral

So most people are taking that and splitting it in half
    Sig nuked by mod.

If anyone has a TD Travel (First Class, Business, Platinum) or TD Rewards Visa card, you can get $30 off a minimum $100 order on Amazon.ca

Login and goto amazon.ca/tdoffer to activate offer. You need to use at least 3 TD points ($0.01) for the purchase to be eligible, and the rest has to be charged to one of the 4 eligible TD cards.

I never use points to shop, but this was worth using up 3 points!
    ---

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

I'm getting a different offer (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough) with my TD First Class Travel Visa...I just linked my TD Visa again with my Amazon.ca account and got the following offer...

Get a $5 credit towards a future Amazon.ca purchase every time you make an eligible Shop with Points purchase using at least $50 in in TD Points. Maximum $5 credit per eligible order.
    I'm also seeing a big devaluation of TD points when used on Amazon.ca - the example I see on the website is "15,152 TD points" for $50 (or $0.003299) for each TD point, a far cry from using TD Points on Expedia for TD (where each point is valued at $0.005). Even when including the one time $5 from this offer, I'm looking at a valuation of $0.003629 per TD point spent on Amazon.ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbarre View Post
    I'm getting a different offer (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough) with my TD First Class Travel Visa...I just linked my TD Visa again with my Amazon.ca account and got the following offer...

I'm also seeing a big devaluation of TD points when used on Amazon.ca - the example I see on the website is "15,152 TD points" for $50 (or $0.003299) for each TD point, a far cry from using TD Points on Expedia for TD (where each point is valued at $0.005). Even when including the one time $5 from this offer, I'm looking at a valuation of $0.003629 per TD point spent on Amazon.ca.
    I see that $5 back when spending $50 worth of TD points offer as well but that isn't a good value for points.

The $30 off when shopping with TD points offer for me is right under the price of the item on the product listing page, clicking on it takes you to the details page with the activation button.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 10.07.32 AM.png
Views: 496
Size:  288.0 KB
    ---

I got a similar promotion with TD and Shell last week. Activate the promotion and get 3x points when you fill up until the end of the year.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    I see that $5 back when spending $50 worth of TD points offer as well but that isn't a good value for points.

The $30 off when shopping with TD points offer for me is right under the price of the item on the product listing page, clicking on it takes you to the details page with the activation button.
    Thanks! Perhaps they're targeted promotions because I see a different one (that I still haven't yet used) that's decent - "Get a $5 Promotional Credit when you buy $25 or more in Amazon Gift Cards" - which appears unrelated to TD points. Not as good as your offer

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I've been out of touch on this for a while...what's the best no fee cash back card today? Just looking for one to put all my recurring bills on...utilities, insurance, telus, gym, etc.

Currently I have a Capital One Aspire which is I think 1% on everything with no limit, but they won't even run a credit check to give me an increased limit (just "we currently have no offers available") so guess I gotta go somewhere else.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    I've been out of touch on this for a while...what's the best no fee cash back card today? Just looking for one to put all my recurring bills on...utilities, insurance, telus, gym, etc.

Currently I have a Capital One Aspire which is I think 1% on everything with no limit, but they won't even run a credit check to give me an increased limit (just "we currently have no offers available") so guess I gotta go somewhere else.
    The one from Triangle is the most flexible if you want to pay bills.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post

Best no fee IMO is Rogers World Elite. Triangle and PC WE are decent too, but the “cash” isn’t really cash - it’s CT money or PC points. Unlike Rogers which you redeem directly as credits on your bill. Keep in mind they have introduced a minimum spend of $15k per year otherwise they downgrade you to the basic non-WE card.

Almost all companies/services let you use a credit card to pay so you can set up the Rogers card for preauth payments. It’s only specific obscure things like property tax where the extra bill payment feature with Triangle where it could come in handy.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Best no fee IMO is Rogers World Elite. Triangle and PC WE are decent too, but the “cash” isn’t really cash - it’s CT money or PC points. Unlike Rogers which you redeem directly as credits on your bill. Keep in mind they have introduced a minimum spend of $15k per year otherwise they downgrade you to the basic non-WE card.

Almost all companies/services let you use a credit card to pay so you can set up the Rogers card for preauth payments. It’s only specific obscure things like property tax where the extra bill payment feature with Triangle where it could come in handy.
    Hmm so rogers you'd need to be a rogers customer for? The CT card is amazing for its uses, I've used it for all my tire and rifle purchases over the years... Time it for a 30x bonus day, price match when able =

What about the Tangerine card? Looks like unlimited 2% back on recurring bills category would cover all my needs and no fee. Everything that goes on this particular card is preauthorized so I assume they're all eligible?

No you don’t need to be a Rogers customer for it.

My Ride
    rally pig

anyone using Neo?

testing it right now and some nice cashback on select merchants.
    2% cashback on amazon and 10% at big box

RG World Elite is still my day to day but testing Neo at the moment

Page 97 of 130 FirstFirst ... 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast