Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 83 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2592

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the update, time to move off my Fido Mastercard I guess. Brim World Elite looks good, they have FYF promo right now. Seems to come with LoungeKey membership too along with the 0% fx fee.
    Loungekey membership sounds neat but it's a joke, you can access the same paid lounges on your own, it just makes you feel fancy since you have an app
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbarre View Post
    The devaluation from 1.75% to 1.5% cashback is a downer, but (and correct me if I am wrong), I do believe that 1.5% is still the highest all-category cashback rate for a Canadian no-fee credit card.
    yup this is kinda where my head is at. 1.5% is still at the top end for no-fee cashback across all merchants. I've got other cards that i use for specific categories (BMO WE for food which i get 2.2%, Triangle WE for groceries at 3%) but using Rogers WE for everything else is still great relatively speaking.

If something better than 1.5% no-fee comes along i'll definitely switch but i just don't see anything else better out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Loungekey membership sounds neat but it's a joke, you can access the same paid lounges on your own, it just makes you feel fancy since you have an app
    But you would have to pay if you access on your own? Doesn't the Brim card membership give you any free visits?
    Last edited by sabad66; 05-15-2020 at 09:26 AM.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

The SimplyCash Amex card is 2% on everything after the promo period from what I can see.

The % being quoted on the AMEX Plat relates to the travel dollars you are given? I am trying to understand that card value, cause that is a hefty annual fee.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    But you would have to pay if you access on your own? Doesn't the Brim card membership give you any free visits?
    I can't speak for Brim but my mastercard loungepass doesn't give me any free admissions, just a way to pay for it via the app
    Sig nuked by mod.

I can't speak for Brim but my mastercard loungepass doesn't give me any free admissions, just a way to pay for it via the app
    Ahh I see. My BMO WE gives me 4 free visits per year thru Loungekey...didn't realize some just give you a membership to it and you still have to pay per use. I guess that's what Brim and your MC do which i agree is kind of pointless. Maybe visits are at least slightly discounted thru the app instead of walk-up entrance price?

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Ahh I see. My BMO WE gives me 4 free visits per year thru Loungekey...didn't realize some just give you a membership to it and you still have to pay per use. I guess that's what Brim and your MC do which i agree is kind of pointless. Maybe visits are at least slightly discounted thru the app instead of walk-up entrance price?

Looks like Adam is right. Just got off the phone with Brim and only the membership is free, there's no free visits included with the card. Each visit is charged at $32USD, regardless of what lounge you visit. Also no minimum income requirements or minimum spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    The SimplyCash Amex card is 2% on everything after the promo period from what I can see.

The % being quoted on the AMEX Plat relates to the travel dollars you are given? I am trying to understand that card value, cause that is a hefty annual fee.
    The SimplyCash no fee is 1.25%. The SimplyCash Preferred with 99 YF is 2% cashback which is pretty good if you use it enough. Pretty much just need to spend 5000 a year to cover the YF and anything you spend over that would be 2% cashback.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

AMEX(Marriot Bonvoy) sent me a note, and it looks like they are giving 5 points for every $1 spent on groceries, food deliveries and takeout from May 15th to August 31st. It's pretty nice, since you only get that 5/$1 for things purchased on their properties. As well as, they allowed contactless/tap purchases up to $250 now - it was probably $50 before, and basically useless. Hopefully they keep the $250 limit.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Oh sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    AMEX(Marriot Bonvoy) sent me a note, and it looks like they are giving 5 points for every $1 spent on groceries, food deliveries and takeout from May 15th to August 31st. It's pretty nice, since you only get that 5/$1 for things purchased on their properties. As well as, they allowed contactless/tap purchases up to $250 now - it was probably $50 before, and basically useless. Hopefully they keep the $250 limit.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Too lazy to look bavk, but I remembered someone talking about a decent cashback card that had free AMA membership. Thought it was rhe triangle card, but that looks like some private brand "roadside assistance" not an AMA membership.
    Was that some other card?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Too lazy to look bavk, but I remembered someone talking about a decent cashback card that had free AMA membership. Thought it was rhe triangle card, but that looks like some private brand "roadside assistance" not an AMA membership.
    Was that some other card?
    It's the Triangle World Elite Mastercard that you're thinking about. I used their roadside assistance twice recently because my stupid crap car battery died. It's not a Canadian Tire branded vehicle that shows up, I believe that they contract out to local providers. Both times for me it was AAA Towing that showed up, and there was no charge for the service.

EDIT: here's the link https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/...astercard.html

In addition to the free roadside assistance and benefits mentioned on that page, you can pay for things not normally possible with a credit card (e.g. City of Calgary property tax or post secondary tuition) and get 1% Canadian Tire money cashback... all pretty good for a no-fee credit card https://forums.redflagdeals.com/pay-...ck-ct-1149989/

Personally I think that this card is an absolute must have for anybody who can qualify for it.
    Last edited by Gainsbarre; 05-15-2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: adding additional details

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbarre View Post
    It's the Triangle World Elite Mastercard that you're thinking about. I used their roadside assistance twice recently because my stupid crap car battery died. It's not a Canadian Tire branded vehicle that shows up, I believe that they contract out to local providers. Both times for me it was AAA Towing that showed up, and there was no charge for the service.

EDIT: here's the link https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/...astercard.html

In addition to the free roadside assistance and benefits mentioned on that page, you can pay for things not normally possible with a credit card (e.g. City of Calgary property tax or post secondary tuition) and get 1% Canadian Tire money cashback... all pretty good for a no-fee credit card https://forums.redflagdeals.com/pay-...ck-ct-1149989/

Personally I think that this card is an absolute must have for anybody who can qualify for it.
    Yeah, I only recently learned about this thing and I've had the CT MasterCard forever and was always singing its praises. Should've upgraded to this thing forever ago.

Anyone have an Amex business platinum? If so check your available offers... just read on RFD that apparently some people are getting offers for $250 credit for spending $250 on dell.ca

Good time to get a monitor or a dock or something if you have that offer.

My Ride
    ute

Ya, I got it x2 for the wife as well. Just need to find something on Dell I want.

My Ride
    This and that.

Damn just the Business one, not the personal Platinum? The last I checked on that was a stupid spend at least $100 at Wayfair and get $20 back. Big whoop.

I would suggest using it ASAP. Most of the time these promos have a budget and then they pull the offer after it’s used up.

My Ride
    ute

They are also saying they might not pay you until after your next renewal.

There is a nice offer on now for the regular platinum. Up to $250 in statement credits when you shop at Sobeys, Save-on-foods and Uber Eats. There are a couple more grocery chains listed but don't think we have any in Calgary. As always you need to register it before they pull it. Once registered you have until Aug 27th.

$250 in free groceries, I'll take it! Not sure if its only 1 transaction at each retailer or if you can combine multiple though.
    ---

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    There is a nice offer on now for the regular platinum. Up to $250 in statement credits when you shop at Sobeys, Save-on-foods and Uber Eats. There are a couple more grocery chains listed but don't think we have any in Calgary. As always you need to register it before they pull it. Once registered you have until Aug 27th.

$250 in free groceries, I'll take it! Not sure if its only 1 transaction at each retailer or if you can combine multiple though.
    I saw this yesterday, it's $500 for Centurion cardholders! Nice little perk!
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    rally pig

for those with a Rogers mastercard, have you guys stopped receiving activity alerts that you may have configured for your account?
    I'm no longer receiving text or email alerts for any transaction over $1.00 since yesterday.
    Called their support # (useless) and waiting for an answer that may take 24-48 hours

Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast