Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 74 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 74 of 130 FirstFirst ... 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think something to remember is the car has bonus westjet rewards as well right? So the actual savings are larger than just what you get on the vouchers and baggage fees.

Presumably you accumulated a good bunch of bonus westjet miles buying those two primary tickets? Can’t be used on this trip but should take a good dent out if a future trip?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    You need to have a voucher in your account to do this.
    Ahhh ok, makes sense. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    I assume that is meant to say WJ dollars accumulated are only redeemable for the fare portion not taxes, as mentioned a few times above.
    No, just brain storming as to why someones accumulated WJ dollars do not add up to 2%(or whatever it is) of their WestJet spending?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No, just brain storming as to why someones accumulated WJ dollars do not add up to 2%(or whatever it is) of their WestJet spending?
    I'm sure his %'s earned are correct.

Interest, fees, and cash advances don't get the WJ earn, so if that's part of his balance then maybe that's what's throwing him off?

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'll look into it further when I have a chance and do the math

I'm sure this is part of it since I put the majority of my bill payments through my card
    WestJet dollars are earned on net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including RBC Royal BankŪ credit card cheques, balance transfers, cash-like transactions and certain bill payments)
    Last edited by adam c; 10-08-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    is broken

Anyone got any good credit card deals? My TD VISA infinite aeroplan is up soon. Just did the math and my return was 2.98% cash back using 2.5 cents per Aeroplan point. I get good value out of Aeroplan so i might just keep it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    Anyone got any good credit card deals? My TD VISA infinite aeroplan is up soon. Just did the math and my return was 2.98% cash back using 2.5 cents per Aeroplan point. I get good value out of Aeroplan so i might just keep it.
    I still like my avion IP, not quite as juicy as the Aeroplan in terms of % return, but it’s somewhere between 2.5-2.9% depending on where you are going and you can book any airline any seat. My dad is a big Aeroplan guy and find the air canada only and the seat restrictions quite irritating.

Lounge passes, free in flight wifi, decent insurance, only thing to complain about is the fee but that’s just a math exercise to make sure it fits your spending.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So for the person who was wondering, I went back and the WJ dollars earned on my MasterCard statement are exactly 1.5% of my spending and I also double checked that I'm getting that exact amount deposited into my WJ account on that same date. There's no tomfoolery happening.

I mean, if you spend $5000/month, that's $60,000/yr so you should be getting $900 WJ Dollars every year. Maybe you are more frugal than you assume?

EDIT, I think it was @adam c who was wondering?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    changes every year

I'm looking for the best CC with no fee with GOOD rewards like money back etc.

I am going to try out buying pretty much everything with CC and paying it off right away, instead of using debit for everything, which I should have done a long time ago.

What are you guys using? It's for everyday stuff like groceries, bills and gas for the most part.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post

I am going to try out buying pretty much everything with CC and paying it off right away, instead of using debit for everything, which I should have done a long time ago.

What are you guys using? It's for everyday stuff like groceries, bills and gas for the most part.
    Rogers world premium. 1.75% back on everything. 4% back on foreign currency purchases. No fee

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Rogers world premium. 1.75% back on everything. 4% back on foreign currency purchases. No fee
    Not entirely true, it's 4% cash back....with a 2.5% Forex fee...so essentially 1.5% cash back.

Surprised anyone uses Debit at all...I have been doing this for like 15 years now, welcome to the club haha

I use my grandfathered 1.5% cash back on everything Capital One Aspire card for 90% of my purchases, World Elite Presidents Choice for all Loblaws stores like Superstore/Shoppers/PCTravel/Mobil Gas for the 3% PC Points as I shop exclusively almost at those stores, HomeTrust Visa for all personal forex type transactions (1% cash back) and also have the Triangle card, mostly for bill payments like property taxes and when shopping at Canadian Tire (3% for Canadian Tire, think 1% for everything else). It's a lot of cards, but they all have a purpose. Technically the Rogers card could replace my Capital One and the Home Trust card, but I would still keep the others as they get higher rewards + bill payment ability.

I know I looked at the Rogers one at one point and actually applied for it, but despite having 868 for credit score...was denied...the one and only card I have even been denied for. Don't know wtf happened there but never pursued it again haha, maybe I should give it another go.

Anyone with the Rogers card...how does one redeem the cashback nowadays? I know before it seemed like it was a paid if you wanted actual cash and not a credit for Rogers services, which I have 0 of.

My Ride
    *The First*

The no-fee cards have much less rewards, but I assume you know that.
    I always liked the Canadian Tire MasterCard "Triangle Card" for one without fees. Canadian Tire Money is earned on the card with all purchases everywhere and higher amounts at CT or on their fuel.
    They sell EVERYTHING so I've always felt it's about as good as cash.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The Tangerine card would be worthwhile putting on the short list if you're using it for specific categories like those you listed.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The no-fee cards have much less rewards, but I assume you know that.
    I always liked the Canadian Tire MasterCard "Triangle Card" for one without fees. Canadian Tire Money is earned on the card with all purchases everywhere and higher amounts at CT or on their fuel.
    They sell EVERYTHING so I've always felt it's about as good as cash.
    The CT card is also the only one you can pay property taxes with. Cha-ching cashback.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    The CT card is also the only one you can pay property taxes with. Cha-ching cashback.
    Also if you get the World Elite Triangle card you get free roadside assistance

My Ride
    changes every year

Good call guys, I'll check out the CT card. The cards I have now, I just dont see the value in them.

Best everyday use no fee is Rogers WE, but you need 80k income to qualify. If you can’t qualify, the Rogers Platinum is a good second choice.

PC WE is also good if you shop at superstore and esso

Triangle WE is good too if you shop at CT a lot. I have this one too, I really like the free 2 year financing feature for big purchases, used it on a treadmill last Christmas. And like jwslam says you can pay bills with it and earn extra CT money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Not entirely true, it's 4% cash back....with a 2.5% Forex fee...so essentially 1.5% cash back.

Surprised anyone uses Debit at all...I have been doing this for like 15 years now, welcome to the club haha

I use my grandfathered 1.5% cash back on everything Capital One Aspire card for 90% of my purchases, World Elite Presidents Choice for all Loblaws stores like Superstore/Shoppers/PCTravel/Mobil Gas for the 3% PC Points as I shop exclusively almost at those stores, HomeTrust Visa for all personal forex type transactions (1% cash back) and also have the Triangle card, mostly for bill payments like property taxes and when shopping at Canadian Tire (3% for Canadian Tire, think 1% for everything else). It's a lot of cards, but they all have a purpose. Technically the Rogers card could replace my Capital One and the Home Trust card, but I would still keep the others as they get higher rewards + bill payment ability.

I know I looked at the Rogers one at one point and actually applied for it, but despite having 868 for credit score...was denied...the one and only card I have even been denied for. Don't know wtf happened there but never pursued it again haha, maybe I should give it another go.

Anyone with the Rogers card...how does one redeem the cashback nowadays? I know before it seemed like it was a paid if you wanted actual cash and not a credit for Rogers services, which I have 0 of.
    Redeeming on the Rogers card is very easy now. Open the app, pick a purchase, then apply cashback pts against it. No hassle at all

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Best everyday use no fee is Rogers WE, but you need 80k income to qualify. If you can’t qualify, the Rogers Platinum is a good second choice.

PC WE is also good if you shop at superstore and esso

Triangle WE is good too if you shop at CT a lot. I have this one too, I really like the free 2 year financing feature for big purchases, used it on a treadmill last Christmas. And like jwslam says you can pay bills with it and earn extra CT money

- - - Updated - - -

Redeeming on the Rogers card is very easy now. Open the app, pick a purchase, then apply cashback pts against it. No hassle at all
    Good to know, will give it a shot again. Def qualify for the Elite card, no idea why I didn't get approved back in the day. I read a bit about it and it it says you can apply cashback against qualifying purchases...what's a qualifying purchase? Just about anything?

My Ride
    changes every year

Doesnt tell you if you qualified for the elite card apparently. When it gets here, that's when I find out I guess lol

Page 74 of 130 FirstFirst ... 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast