Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 121 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2626

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    *The First*

The savings are a long long way from "this companion ticket is free" and that's exacerbated by the fact that they seem to stop you from using the "on sale" fares, but you still save well over $200 on the ticket and that 2x covers the annual fee in one pop. Plus the free checked bags are gravy.
    It's getting worse every year and a couple years ago it shifted from the main card, to just another one in the fleet, but that doesn't mean it's a waste.

As I've said before, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is only ever going to fly to BC or Sask. It takes a $600+ ticket to achieve savings with the companion voucher.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The value of the companion pass is not when you are flexible on date and time and can shop for deals. The value is when you cannot, or when you are flying somewhere that never goes on sale. Ask those filthy East Coast Lifestyle folks. And they'll tell ya.
    My sister is here visiting from Halifax....98 dollar (all fees and taxes included) return trip FTW

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pics of sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The value of the companion pass is not when you are flexible on date and time and can shop for deals. The value is when you cannot, or when you are flying somewhere that never goes on sale. Ask those filthy East Coast Lifestyle folks. And they'll tell ya.
    Thanks for this tip.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The savings are a long long way from "this companion ticket is free" and that's exacerbated by the fact that they seem to stop you from using the "on sale" fares, but you still save well over $200 on the ticket and that 2x covers the annual fee in one pop. Plus the free checked bags are gravy.
    It's getting worse every year and a couple years ago it shifted from the main card, to just another one in the fleet, but that doesn't mean it's a waste.

As I've said before, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is only ever going to fly to BC or Sask. It takes a $600+ ticket to achieve savings with the companion voucher.
    Forgot about the free checked bags and that alone has covered the yearly fee in the last year so i retract my statement. The flights were $650 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    My wife signed up for the WJWE thinking we'd save with the companion passes, we just booked NYC and used 1 CP and comparing prices we only saved about $100 compared to buying 2 full fares on expedia so its not that great of a deal with the annual fee
    Companion fare is useless IMO. Half the time its cheaper to book other airlines than WJ with companion voucher. The only time the companion voucher feels like it saves money is the international routes. Going to Hawaii or Europe and scooping the cheap ticket but they've also raised the price to 399$ now which sucks.

However the real savings is in the free baggage fees. Two people, round trip and that's 200$ saved in free checked bags. That alone justifies the card for me as every trip is a chunk of savings.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 03-29-2023 at 11:06 AM.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

+1 on the value of free checked bags especially since it's for up to 8 guest in the same reservation. We are going on a family trip in a few weeks and the savings from checked bag alone on just one way more than cover the annual fees and then some.

I was flying back from San Diego a few weeks back and Air Canada re-directed me through Toronto to avoid the storm. The bag still checked all the way from to Calgary, but they charged me 2 separate checked bag fees . One for SAN-YYZ and then YYZ-YYC. >$70 right there. Would've been nice if I had the free checked bag perk w/ AC.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 03-29-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    However the real savings is in the free baggage fees. Two people, round trip and that's 200$ saved in free checked bags. That alone justifies the card for me as every trip is a chunk of savings.
    Went to the US twice last year so weve got to be well over 400 in savings with 4 full sizes each time
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

How does one cancel a current credit card?
    Never done it, just call, pay it all off and say end it? Or do they have a catch?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Never done it, just call, pay it all off and say end it? Or do they have a catch?
    Google the words "M.A.I.D. Canada".

My Ride
    Exploded.

Make sure it's clean and paid off before canceling. When I canceled one, they just sent me a formal letter confirming it was canceled and then that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Google the words "M.A.I.D. Canada".
    Walked past a street guy earlier today proving that you don't need a home to get a tug from the opposite gender.
    So you can't hurt me.
    I'm already there.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Pay it off first, wait for online banking to show 0 balance, then call.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Pay it in full and also be mindful of any interest you'll still get hit with if you had a balance owing and don't pay it in full each statement. Also be sure to use up any of your reward points before closing it down.

Then just call the number on the back and ask to cancel it. Super easy but do expect to sit on hold however long, took me about an hour last time I did one.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Finally got my extra 200 WestJet dollars (took 2 days after my statement came). Booked direct flights to SNA for Disney this summer. Saved $160 with the companion pass, $450 with WestJet Dollars, and $140 on baggage fees for 2 bags there and back. Not bad for FYF churn. I'll probably just lock it down and won't keep it after a year though. Booking the companion pass just means that the 3 other tickets to fly with kids are overpriced (full fare) which negates any savings.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Are there any decent cards around that don't charge a foreign transaction fee?
    My main card is a TD travel one but I want a second card as a back up card when I'm travelling. Figured one with no fx fees would be handy.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    My main card is a TD travel one but I want a second card as a back up card when I'm travelling. Figured one with no fx fees would be handy.
    https://www.hsbc.ca/credit-cards/products/world-elite/

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    Any MC World Elite or Visa Infinite does this

Yet more plus points for the Triangle WEM

I don't think that's right. From my initial searching there are only a few that have no foreign transaction fees. Triangle WEM is 2.5%, same s most other cards.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Incorrect, not all Infinite or World Elite cards include no foreign transaction fees, most do have the fees for that matter, Triangle WE has FX fees.

https://princeoftravel.com/best-credit-cards/no-fx-fee/

I'm about to drop the Scotia Passport and Scotia Gold, spending habits have changed since I moved to the boonies and not getting the best bang for the buck due to the yearly fees.

Rolling with a TD first class as I get the fee waived and got the Rogers WE as it has no yearly fee, 1.5% cash back and covers the FX fee on USD...good for Costco runs as well because mastercard

Rogers World Elite technically has FX fees but they give 3% cashback to make up for the 2.5% FX fee, only applicable for USD so if outside of NA travel, prob not the best.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    Any MC World Elite or Visa Infinite does this

Yet more plus points for the Triangle WEM
    I have a World Elite and Visa Infinite card, and they both charge forex.

Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast