Quantcast
Paint Shops With A colour Scanner.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Paint Shops With A colour Scanner....

My Ride
    335i

Default Paint Shops With A colour Scanner....

OK i've just bought a new bumper to replace mine and I was wondering if there were any shops around town that had some sort of scanner that can scan the paint on my car and then give the correct code so that it is exact match...I can't use the stock color code because i have a blue pearl clearcoat and I don't know exactly how much pearl is in the clear, so its probably unlikely that the paint would match. Any ideas anyone?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    335i

lol

1. My car was metallic grey, but I threw on a pearl blue clear coat to change the color because I hated the dull grey factory color. I'm worried about being able to match the color because I need to find the exact amount of pearl to put in the clear again, and that may be a challenge.

2. I am not a girl.

Felon or Mistermeiner

Weapon_R, you're think of what they do to color match like at Crappy tire for wall paint?? How they got an electronic eye that scans a paint sample to color match.
    Can you just use the paint code for your car?? I'm assuming you're talking about the white for a TypeR.

Edit: nevermind about the TypeR white. When you got you're car painted, didn't you get a paint code?
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    Weapon_R, you're think of what they do to color match like at Crappy tire for wall paint?? How they got an electronic eye that scans a paint sample to color match.
    Can you just use the paint code for your car??
    Yes. I know that most home paint shops use a sample (even walmart has it) that scans the color and then is able to determine an exact match.

I was wondering if any car shops in calgary have this. When I painted my car, I used the exact same stock base coat, but the clear coat has pearl in it. I need to match the clear coat. What i'm worried about is adding too much/too little pearl to the clear coat and having a different effect.

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    335i

I will put my car in the avatar when I get home, i'm at school right now.

It's nothing amazing, but its a far cry from what it used to be. Have you ever noticed the charcoal metallic grey that the older civics & 1994/1995 integras came in? Thats the color it used to be. Boring as hell and dull! When I got into my accident, I had to replace the bumper, but I asked the shop to repaint the whole car on top for extra $$. Adding the pearl costed me $25 extra, because I went to Dean's and bought a bottle of pearl powder and asked them to put it into the paintgun when they sprayed the clear.

The total paint job costed me around $1800. This was at a body shop in town. I just paid the extra cost over what they quoted me for repairing the bumper...

Felon or Mistermeiner