Quantcast
Whats better? Macleod All you can eat Sushi or Sushi BBQ Inn? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whats better? Macleod All you can eat Sushi or Sushi BBQ Inn?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by 86max
    I had a terrible experience at MacLeod Sushi & BBQ and havn't returned. The food was brutal, service even worse.

I'm surprised it gets a 66% on UrbanSpoon.
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/15924...hi-BBQ-Calgary

I went on a Friday during the lunch hour. Service was actually quick. A little too quick. I'd make my order on their sheet and like 2 min later she returned with some of the food so I was quite amazed but I'm sure it was all pre-made already.

You can't expect much for AYCE but the quality was a bit better than Sushi BBQ Inn and the pricing was I think $13.99/person. Good value
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    rubbish

Originally posted by dj_rice

You can't expect much for AYCE but the quality was a bit better than Sushi BBQ Inn and the pricing was I think $13.99/person. Good value
    This is true, the price isn't bad but I can't think of any restaurant that's ever made me as disappointed as I was when I left here. Perhaps it was just a bad day.

Originally posted by eblend

It's in the complex across the street from shoppers diagonally, pretty close to Sobeys on the left side.

Now, that place sounds like its Chinese owned, thus why we haven't tried it (wife Japanese....thinks Sushi places should be ran by Japanese...), and my friend who lives in Evergreen as well tried it and didn't like it, said it was okay but nothing special. A few people here say otherwise so we might try it out.

There is a new place opened in Avenida mall (macloud and just after Anderson going south) called Yume Sushi. Wife said sounds Japanese and we going to try it out next time. We got a flyer from there and prices look very reasonable, but like I said, haven't tried it yet. We usually go to the place in McKenzie town right by that Canadian Tire that was on fire, the small strip mall right across. Don't remember the name but they never disappoint, and of course run by Japanese with Japanese cooks
    I think the original location of Yume sushi is on 14th Street and Northmount Drive NW. If this is their second one, these people are straight up chinese, but the price is $1/piece of sushi.

That to me is a fair price, as the fish there is mediocre. I would say its better than places like Sakana (low quality in my opinion) and the price for nigiri is cheap. I have tried some of their rolls because my friends get the specialty ones, but I am all about nigiri.

As for AYCE, I have only been to Macleod Sushi BBQ in (the green sign one) and while not great, I can't really complain, its AYCE.

The one on 16th ave by Sait is called Sushi BBQ in. Sushi King is also on 16th and like 2nd or 3rd street, but this place is closed now and another restaurant has taken place.

Sushi Tokyo is in Dragon City Mall I believe.

The only one I go to is the Macleod one. If people only want nigiri, I would suggest Yume, since not many people can eat 25 pieces of sushi.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Talking

There is really not a good all you can eat sushi place here in Calgary any more...
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    07 Civic Si & 92 Mr2

I'm from Evergreen and If we crave for sushi or ramen, we will drive all the way to Japanese Noodle House. It's ran and owned by a japanese couple. You guys will not be dissapointed.

My Ride
    W204

Man I am done with AYCE in Calgary. Chinese run, bad service, dropped orders, but most of all, shity, shity, shitty food. Last one I tried was the one on 14th St NW that relocated from Dragon City (can't remember the name). Had high hopes for it but alas, it sucked shit and I felt like shit afterwards. I think it too is gone now.

There was only 1 good AYCE in Calgary and it was on Stephen Ave. It lasted all of 1 year.

If you want sushi, don't be a cheap ass. Go to a good place like Zipang or Misato. Your stomach and your asshole will thank you.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

When Sushi Kai had AYCE for a short period of time, I enjoyed it because of unlimited Takoyaki

Got my Takoyaki fix and that was that.

I will never, ever, eat AYCE sushi in Calgary from what exists now.

Actually went to McLeod Sushi BBQ all you can eat and it was actually pretty tasty.. Only complaint is that they put too much rice on the sushi but thats an easy fix thou

My Ride
    girl car

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

Anyone tried Momosushi or SHO on Macleod?
    I tried SHO when it first opened. Had a free invite from going to Sakana. Its been a couple months now but the servers were an absolute mess. She didn't understand/ messed up the order multiple multiple times (it was essentially AYCE so we ordered a lot of times). The food was alright, nothing memorable. I'd rank it below Kinjo.. but the service I got was pretty horrid.

Overall, I'd rank it maybe a 5-6 out of 10. Although the meal was free for the 6 of us, I honestly felt like they didn't deserve the tip we gave them.

1. Server didn't know what a Shirley Temple was. I tried to TWO servers and explain but when they don't know what grenadine is.. im speechless. Then they said okay and my girlfriend was given orange juice with an umbrella.. and maraschino cherries..

Hopefully their staff is trained by now but I won't be going back for a long time..

edit: I'd rate it definitely worse than Sakana.. but all personal preference I guess. I'm a sucker for Kinjo NW..

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by cream
    I'm a sucker for Kinjo NW..
    Newsflash.. Kinjo is actually not all that great.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2