Quantcast
Whats better? Macleod All you can eat Sushi or Sushi BBQ Inn? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats better? Macleod All you can eat Sushi or Sushi BBQ Inn?

Default Whats better? Mclead All you can eat Sushi or Sushi BBQ Inn?

Hey guys, which do you prefer? I haven't been too either but was gonna take the wife tomorrow..

Drive an additional 15 minutes to Evergreen and go to Li Au sushi. An unbelievable gem and you won't be dissipointed.

Originally posted by calgaryrally88
    Drive an additional 15 minutes to Evergreen and go to Li Au sushi. An unbelievable gem and you won't be dissipointed.
    All you can eat?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Are you going for dinner or lunch?

If lunch, try this new place out called Macleod Trail Sushi And BBQ. Same style as Sushi BBQ Inn but I think the quality and pricing is better.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Are you going for dinner or lunch?

If lunch, try this new place out called Macleod Trail Sushi And BBQ. Same style as Sushi BBQ Inn but I think the quality and pricing is better.
    I'm pretty sure he meant that place when he said Macleod all you can eat. Both aren't great in terms of sushi quality but between the two, I think Macleod trail is better.

My Ride

that place is more or less EXACTLY same as kinjo

(matter fact owner of that place used to work at kinjo and was trained by kinjo himself...)

Hopefully he doesn't mean Sushi Ichiban on Macleod. That place has pretty mediocre sushi and pretty awful service.

Originally posted by euro_racer

that place is more or less EXACTLY same as kinjo

(matter fact owner of that place used to work at kinjo and was trained by kinjo himself...)
    Not it's not. Much, much, much better.

Yes, they previously worked at Kinjo.

i love li-ao sushi...
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    K20A2

Try sushi king It is a ayce for 25
    Built with Chopsticks

Originally posted by 95EG6P
    Try sushi king It is a ayce for 25
    That's the one on 16th ave right? I think they are closed for good.

Where in Evergreen - Google maps shows them in the shopping complex in the north side of Bridlewood. The shopping complex in Evergreen where Shoppers and Starbucks are doesn't appear to have a sushi place.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by speedog
    Where in Evergreen - Google maps shows them in the shopping complex in the north side of Bridlewood. The shopping complex in Evergreen where Shoppers and Starbucks are doesn't appear to have a sushi place.
    It's in the complex across the street from shoppers diagonally, pretty close to Sobeys on the left side.

Now, that place sounds like its Chinese owned, thus why we haven't tried it (wife Japanese....thinks Sushi places should be ran by Japanese...), and my friend who lives in Evergreen as well tried it and didn't like it, said it was okay but nothing special. A few people here say otherwise so we might try it out.

There is a new place opened in Avenida mall (macloud and just after Anderson going south) called Yume Sushi. Wife said sounds Japanese and we going to try it out next time. We got a flyer from there and prices look very reasonable, but like I said, haven't tried it yet. We usually go to the place in McKenzie town right by that Canadian Tire that was on fire, the small strip mall right across. Don't remember the name but they never disappoint, and of course run by Japanese with Japanese cooks

Originally posted by speedog
    Go wherever the map is telling you to go.

My Ride

Decided to try Li-Ao Sushi today since people said it was pretty good, and I must admit, it was pretty good. My wife said the rice wasn't how she likes it (used to be a sushi chef herself) but overall she liked it. Was fairly cheap too. The owner gave us a box of pocky sticks as well when we were paying. Good place, rather small, but very busy, tons of people coming in and lots of takeouts. Forgot to mention, the sushi fish portions very very large, which was awesome to see, and good fish too!

Originally posted by masoncgy
    Hopefully he doesn't mean Sushi Ichiban on Macleod. That place has pretty mediocre sushi and pretty awful service.

Might try li-ao since eblend had a good exp from it.

What was the price set?

Will def try it if the op had a good exp haha
    Last edited by Heru-Farukon; 09-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Somebody quoting things without reading them? On the internet?
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN
    Originally posted by Toma
    First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Originally posted by eblend
    Decided to try Li-Ao Sushi today since people said it was pretty good, and I must admit, it was pretty good. My wife said the rice wasn't how she likes it (used to be a sushi chef herself) but overall she liked it. Was fairly cheap too. The owner gave us a box of pocky sticks as well when we were paying. Good place, rather small, but very busy, tons of people coming in and lots of takeouts. Forgot to mention, the sushi fish portions very very large, which was awesome to see, and good fish too!
    Tried that place a few months ago and thought it was just okay. it tastes exactly like Kinjo, minus the floating boats of course. Pretty good value and definitely a plus that it's in the south but can't say its on the same level as your Zipang/Towa/etc.

Anyone tried Momosushi or SHO on Macleod?

My Ride
    rubbish

I had a terrible experience at MacLeod Sushi & BBQ and havn't returned. The food was brutal, service even worse.

I'm surprised it gets a 66% on UrbanSpoon.
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/15924...hi-BBQ-Calgary

My Ride

Originally posted by Heru-Farukon

Might try li-ao since eblend had a good exp from it.

What was the price set?

Will def try it if the op had a good exp haha
    Don't recall exactly, but I remember salmon individual sushi was like 1.95 or $1.65 or something. My wife and I had gyoza's, assorted tempura, 3 rolls and about 8 individual sushi + tea and it came out like $49 bucks I think.

My Ride
    rusty

i like the macleod sushi better than the 16th, i think they're both run by the same owners right?

well anyways macleod one has more of a selection than the 16th one, i like that one deep fried roll? yellow dragon? mhmmmm

theres not many good places for all you can eat, but i like this place the most. EVEN THOUGH, one day me and 3 other buddies were eatting there, and we tipped them like 5-10% because the old lady was being a bitch, and then she had the nerve to say "minimum tip 15%"... WTF isnt it up to the customer to choose how much to tip? well i didnt want to be on her bad side, cause i like this spot. so i just gave in. haha

ichiban is alright too, no sashimi though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast