Quantcast
Car Wash Allow?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Wash Allow??

Question Car Wash Allow??

Is washing your car at home allow in Calgary??

Only if the soap U use is safe to the enviroment. and it must say so on the bottle
    Last edited by sleeper; 02-12-2004 at 11:54 AM.

Nope, Its illegal.
    Biodegradable soap or not, its illegal either way. But everyone does it. Like most bylaws, you can usually get away with it unless a neighbor or someone feels they have to complain to the City.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

i wash my car 3 times a week in the summer...in my driveway....cop lives accross the street.....i havnt been locked up yet

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

if they approach you, duno soap on their lawn and blast them with water

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default ,

I thought it was okay but I guess it's not.

I know towards the end of summer they will ban it when the city is getting low on water.

I wash my car in the garage anyways, it's cooler in there so it's comes out cleaner anyways.

My dad hates it, it makes the floor slippery, it's illegal, but it makes my car look !
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yeah, its just the soap is illegal...which is weird seein how crappy tire still sells the car wash soap and products

U can wash ur car with plain water tho... if that works at all haha..my car is dirty as a mofo
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

Default ,

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Yeah, its just the soap is illegal...which is weird seein how crappy tire still sells the car wash soap and products

U can wash ur car with plain water tho... if that works at all haha..my car is dirty as a mofo
    Canadian Tire sells many illegal products; soap, tinted liscense plate covers etc.

I hate winter so much, there's nothing better than waking up at 8:00am on a warm summer day in shorts and a t-shirt, and spending the day on your car:

Fill it up with gas, clean the inside, wash the oustide, give it a nice wax job, take a shower and get ready for a nice night of cruisin...

Default Re: ,

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Canadian Tire sells many illegal products; soap, tinted liscense plate covers etc.

I hate winter so much, there's nothing better than waking up at 8:00am on a warm summer day in shorts and a t-shirt, and spending the day on your car:

Fill it up with gas, clean the inside, wash the oustide, give it a nice wax job, take a shower and get ready for a nice night of cruisin...
    absulutly agree... but by crusie you mean get drunk right? haha

Dude, I was totally there just now, thanks for making me miss it even more with your damn description!

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

Don't think it's allowed. My neighbour washed his car with soap couple summers ago and someone call the police on him after that no more soap.

My Ride

He got off lucky...

My dads friend got a ticket for 300 bucks or more for washing it with soap...

If its illegal to wash it with soap..how come those Car Wash places or the pop a loonie ones dont get in shit for using soap?
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

Default ,

He got off lucky...

If its illegal to wash it with soap..how come those Car Wash places or the pop a loonie ones dont get in shit for using soap?
    I'd say either because they have a liscence for it, or they use special soap, or they have special draining systems that either clean the water or lead to different piping.

Maybe it's a big underground system, and only the cops don't know what goes on in those places called "Car Washes"

My Ride

I'd say either because they have a liscence for it, or they use special soap, or they have special draining systems that either clean the water or lead to different piping.

Maybe it's a big underground system, and only the cops don't know what goes on in those places called "Car Washes"
    hahah yeah straight up..I'm guessing its all in the drainage system...but meh...if u have a high enough fence and ur neighbors cant see that ur using soap..then YOU CAN DO IT!!

My Ride

Imma try bringing a bucket, a sponge, and some soap and washing it at one of those Loonie places while inside the stall lol..see what happens

yup they even sell machetes to kids without id'ing... man you can get ANYTHING there its great!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

You almost have the right idea

Replace 8am, with 3pm, and a night of cruisin with, pickin up some ladies and bringing the back to your house, in a clean ride that is

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

...Just as you step outside to open the garage door to show off your feshly washed and waxed ride...DAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMMM....its SNOWIN...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

He got off lucky...

because they reuse the water, and they have to filter the water before it goes into the sewage system

Imma try bringing a bucket, a sponge, and some soap and washing it at one of those Loonie places while inside the stall lol..see what happens
    10th and 10th will not allow you to do that. They have signs too and the attendants walk around constantly. If I come at odd hours to wash mine and ASK them they let me, but I discovered a new way of washing perfectly w/out touching the car at all: (may take a buck or so more, but worth it)

Washing:
    1)HI PRESSURE RINSE whole car getting any major mud or dirt off.
    2) LOW PRESSURE PRE SOAK because the soap sticks and grabs the dirt whereas Hi pressure soap just slides off and leaves a film. Do the whole car, concentrating on rocker panels and bumpers.
    3)HI PRESSURE RINSE, then WAX or SPOT FREE (if you don't dry your car)
    4) Power rinse Chamois (both sides)

Drying:
    1) California Water Blade from top to bottom
    2) REAL Chamois to get the details

VOILA, instant BLING!!

Happy washing!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast