Quantcast
Car Wash Allow?? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Car Wash Allow??

Originally posted by t3rry

did you happen to see the part of my post that says "easily preventable"? obviously not, as i said to another member here, if i could afford a newer vehicle do you not think i would buy one?
    did you happen to see the part of my post that says
    a car
    any car is contributing to envrionmental harm. ANY.
    pretty 'easily preventable' dont you think? just dont drive a car.

I want a drain in my garage! sweet.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I like how some of you guys say - well you drive a car so I should dump soap down the drains. Seriously, I don't think T3rry was trying to say that everyone should run out and join greenpeace. The fact that some of you are calling him a hypocrite or trying to compare your pouring of soap in the rivers to his driving an old car is retarded. How is that going to prevent pollution problems? I guess since Chernobyl happened our government might as well start burning the dirtiest coal we can find since they've polluted more than us

I'm guilty of a lot of shit that harms the environment, everyone is - but I still try to put in a little effort to make sure I recycle as much as I can and that I do the little things like not wash my car in the driveway. I'm not driving an electric powered car or anything like that but I fail to see how I or anyone else is being a hypocrite.

Oh, and Method. Washing your car over gravel is still contaminating the ground water and will eventually seep into rivers and lakes so don't go off thinking you should be the leader of the green party or anything.
    Last edited by davidI; 02-12-2004 at 07:04 PM.

My Ride
    82 grand prix, 91 GMC 1500

i washed my car chassis with thick grease today and used a couple big bottles of engine degreaser, oh no! someone call the cops!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

t3rry, I figured you were giving people a hard time about washing their car at the car wash, cause that is what it sounds like. if that is not the case, sorry to get on your case. I havent ever washed my car on my driveway, never had a nice enough car to. 2 bucks at the wand wash = yay for me.
    Travel

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default ,

Originally posted by sputnik

Because the storm sewers (grey water) are different from the "toilet sewers" (black water).

Grey water (off the streets) goes into retention ponds like the "lakes" in many communities. Where as the black water (toilets, sinks, drains, carwashes) go to sewage treatment plants.

Man this guy knows his shiatskies
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

Originally posted by Ben
    t3rry, I figured you were giving people a hard time about washing their car at the car wash, cause that is what it sounds like. if that is not the case, sorry to get on your case. I havent ever washed my car on my driveway, never had a nice enough car to. 2 bucks at the wand wash = yay for me.

no, i have no problem at all with carwashes, most of them actually filter the water before it goes back out, which is great, its just the lazy people who do it on thier driveway. its just as easy to wash it at a car wash and drive it home and use a chamois and straight water to wipe it down a bit and then wax it, no problems with that, its just poeple who are too ignorent to make a slight inconvenience for themselves to benifit the whole planet.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

to everything T3rry has said.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4