Quantcast
Who would you vote for? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

39 25.49%
  • Obama

114 74.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who would you vote for?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

at this point, I'd rather the devil i know than the devil i dont.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Face it, the States is going down the path of becoming more and more tolerant to liberal influence. When recently down south for business, I was surrounded by truly middle class citizens and i did not find a single Democrat. At least most of these people were smart enough to realize the nation gets way too caught up in the candidate race vs the party platform debate.

The same message I kept hearing was we do not want to be forced into healthcare, we do not want to be forced to foot the bill for others who cannot afford healthcare, we do not support the expansion of our nations debt and deficit just to maintain social programs and entitlement programs - what's American about that?
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    2000 323i

oops, accidentally hit Romney....and I really wish the world was in a way that it was the only way the man could win a single vote.
    Mike

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by Zephyr

It's because everyone wanted immediate results. If there is none, what's the best thing to do? Vote for the other person. Our corrupt media isn't helping either.

I believe the person that would benefit the most from Romney winning is Hilary Clinton. Romney would probably give Americans such a bad taste that they will want to go back to a Democrat president. Hilary 2016 seems more possible if Romney wins.
    I totally agree on Hilary.

The immediate results rings true as well. The main thing I get though is that they seem to think Obama has made a lot of the construction industry jump through more hoops and loops to get approval for projects (keystone) and they think that Romney will suddenly approve everything.

IMO Obama isn't approving everything because there is no Give and Take. The Senate is all Republican and they won't pass Obamacare or a lot of other policies he was voted in on, so why should he just sign everything that the Republicans put infront of him? Reminds me a lot of the Minority Gov't we had here last time.

Obama or Romney aside, everytime I come here I remember how beautiful it is. You're lucky Zephyr.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Whoever wins U.S economy is not gonna changes and there's many promises that they can't keep, i would say vote the person who u like, its not about how smart they are.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I'm curious which of you individual is a Canadian working out of the US?

Obama is not going to fix anything in the next 4 years.

The only reason I would vote Romney is that if he followed through with budget cuts and entitlement reforms I would hope the US dollar would gain some strength to help our manufacturing sector. In my industry in particular, we are getting CRUSHED by cheap American products entering our sector. Get a fucking Democrat in there to push that dollar back to the Reagan and Bush Senior era.

If Obama is elected again, which probablt will happen, the whole country will turn into a slum inside of 4 years.
    ^This.

Also, Obama promised as part of his platform in 2008 to cut the deficit in HALF. Funny joke roundeyes!! 10 Trillion to 17 Trillion or whatever incalculable number it is at today is far from "half".

Also, 50 million Americans are on food stamps. 150 million of them are obese. Not just "fat", but clinically obese, like fat as a motherfucker fat. As in sit on a couch 18 hours a day eating cheetos and drining 2 litre Pepsi's fat.

Also, the American military advantage is slowly slipping away. The potential enemies of the USA regularly have cheap Air independent propulsion subs penetrate their Carrier battle group outer anti submarine warfare screens now. Naval air defense exercises end with the US Navy losing dozens of ships, including flat tops to simulated "swarm" missile attacks by Sunburn/KingFish/Silkworm missiles. The F35 procurement can only be described as a fiscal disaster. The F22/B2 can now be detected by various area defense radar systems, as well as possibly some tactical systems like the S300/S400 etc.

In a nutshell, the future of the USA is a big bag of leaky dog crap. I agree 100 percent with FraserB's assessment; in 4 years the USA may look like something out of a zombie movie.

Romney might be everything all his haters here in this thread and elsewhere claim.

But if he somehow can come through on his claims of fiscal restraint and repair, I'd give the USA 1 chance in 4 perhaps of recovering from their current mess. And no, I don't "blame" Obama solely for their current predicament, it's been a LONG time coming, and politicians on both sides of the aisle are equally culpable.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 10-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Hey Zephyr. Just a question. When you run for president, are you not running for 4 years?

You say people want immediate results. Is 4 years not fast enough? Why should people have to give him another 4?

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

Vote Obama, who wants Paul Ryan.........

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

I don't know if anyone else noticed this from watching the debates the other night... But Romney understands economics and Obama understands people. (Whether either of them are lying or not is a different question)

If the US wasn't in such an economic rut I would vote Obama, but for now I'd vote Romney. I do not want the US to lose super power status due to an economic collapse because the next best alternative is probably not exactly favorable (although I can't even fathom what it really is).

And please guys, do not confuse deficit with debt.

What is REALLY interesting is how Bernanke's strategy of exporting US inflation over to China is going to play out.
    Last edited by themack89; 10-04-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    On Sabbatical

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

A lot of Romney voters just think they need another change I think.

Really, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. All political elections seem to be a choice between two evils. I've never come across one in my entire adult life where I could look at a politician and say "I support you 100%." It's always "Well shit... guess this guy will fuck us over the least, fingers crossed"

And on that note, if I was American, I'd be thinking Obama is the better candidate.
    Well truthfully I'd be thinking 'when's the next plane the fuck out of here?' But the poll doesn't have that option.

My Ride
    Accord

Too many damn hippies on beyond... The economy needs a kick. Handouts don't do anything (democrats), we need to spoil the business world in every way possible so they'll create jobs and create value. You can give people social benefits all you want and they'll keep taking them, but thats not actually accomplishing anything. Entitlement only creates brats.

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

http://www.psychologytoday.com/colle...he-white-house

Different way to look at the election if anyone is interested.
    On Sabbatical

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Hey Zephyr. Just a question. When you run for president, are you not running for 4 years?

You say people want immediate results. Is 4 years not fast enough? Why should people have to give him another 4?
    It's true you're running for four years. When the Bush era ended, America was torn, stuck in two wars, increasing debt, housing collapse, unemployment rising, tuition increasing, and the crash of 2008 was around the corner. We were burnt out. Obama came in as this white horse that ran on the idea of hope and change, stuff we badly needed. When someone is down and hear there is help on the way, they naturally would expect it to happen ASAP.

So four years have gone. Yes Obama took over when the country was in a bad shape, but it got significantly worse. All he has to show for is Obamacare (which doesn't fully start until 2014), half assed pull out of Iraq, and Osama. I believe people were at least hoping for the condition to stabilize, not get worse. But the way our government is, I'm not surprised it's taking a long time. Will he fix this problem? I don't think so, but I truly hope he can at least stabilize everything. Romney seems like he can make it worse. I truly believe no one wants this next four years. I imagine this next term to be one of the hardest given the current world and economic situation.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

The U.S.A is becoming like ancient rome.
    Question is who will be playing the violen?
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

minorities like to vote OBAMA. i know this is true among many i know, cannot offer reasons why, just they like obama.

oh, and MITT is good old white boy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2