Quantcast
Mucho Burrito Special 'Ghost Pepper' Burrito - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mucho Burrito Special 'Ghost Pepper' Burrito

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Default Mucho Burrito Special 'Ghost Pepper' Burrito

So they've got this special burrito going on for the month at Mucho Burrito. It's made with the Bhut Jolokia - aka Ghost Pepper. Now for the unaware, the ghost pepper is a fiery maw'fucka. Apparently it's 3 times hotter than the habanero, and 125 times hotter than the jalapeņo. They give you ghost pepper bacon, ghost pepper fig marmalade, and top er with pure ghost pepper sauce in the 'Hotter Than Hell'. Or you can get the toned down 'Wimpy' one, if you're a p...p...p...pussy.

So clearly, I had to get the the spicy one and take a crack at it.

So presentation wise, it uh... looks like a burrito. I should have taken a picture before I cut it open and ate it like a salad.

The verdict? Fiery as all fuck. I ate all the inside then polished off the tortilla. It's that sauce. I finished the whole thing off after about 45 minutes and maybe 4 glasses of water. But yeah, she brings it.

Anyone else given this burrito a try?

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I got this yesterday and they must have screwed something up because the regular hot wings I had later in the day were hotter.

It had that ghost pepper flavor, but it was definitely not that spicy. I ate it no problem, like a regular burrito. The Ghost Pepper wings at Studio 82 on the other hand (NOT the same ones I had later that day that I mentioned earlier) murdered my mouth and made me tear up.

I was livid as I walked all the way from Centennial Place to Suncor to try one.

My Ride

Bummer. The heat is sort of the whole draw with it. I got mine from Crowfoot and she was pretty spicy. I'm fairly good with hot foods and I found it to be a killer. It drives me nuts when places advertise a dish as 'hot' and it's mild, so I was pleased. I've had hotter foods before, but the burrito was definitely up there. Maybe they gave you a dud

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Had o e in red deer today. Was pretty hot.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I had one tonight just to see what the fuss was all about.

Now, I am known to my roomies as being pretty into the spicy stuff. This is the Mucho at South Pointe, and I had the "hotter than hell" works version. As the OP stated, that is one damned fiery maw'fucka.

It's a good heat, though, if you're into spicy. It's a real nut-grabbing, slap-your-sister-and-call-her-sally, heart piercing heat. A really big up front rush of "OH FUCK!" followed by a "damned that tastes good!" I had a great flop sweat going by the end, had to dab it off the forehead with a napkin, and I don't think my sinuses have ever been clearer.

What impressed most was that despite the napalm-bombing of my taste buds, the mellow flavor of the rice, the sweet of the peppers and the meatiness of the, well... meat, all shone through. There is also great ghost pepper flavor that doesn't overpower, but I honestly would to have liked to have a little more of.

Overall... 8.5/10 and a recommended try, if you think your asshole can handle the aftermath (glorious throne visits to the ring of fire are kind of expected with Ghost Naga peppers, by the way, so don't go into this one blind)

PS: Also, about 30 minutes after consumption, I finally wimped out and had a glass of milk. I can now taste things... a little...
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 10-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Geek

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 05:03 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

At my work our whole team went over and ordered these about a week ago because apparently we are all retarded. I like spicy food but generally don't handle it well. Unfortuntely, since I was with my workmates I decided to show off a bit and when they asked if I wanted the ghost pepper sauce on there I told her to give me lots, and she did, about 2-3x what she gave the other guys. I am a fucking retard

It took me about 40 minutes to get through this thing and about 4 cans of pop / iced tea / whatever.

Overall I am really impressed. They advertise it as hotter than hell, and in my opinion it is, but as mentioned above, the best part is that even among the eye-tearing blinding fury it still tastes good, I am really impressed and I wish it was a regular menu item

I learned a couple things from this though, if you eat it like a regular burrito all the sauce will settle to the bottom, giving you a false sense of security until you get down to the final inch of burrito that is now super saturated with the sauce. Also, if you don't like figs, don't get the fucking fig marmalade. About halfway through I couldn't take any more of the overpowering fig flavour and I had to dig all that shit out before I could finish eating the burrito.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Aw man, I must have gotten screwed.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

I bought one with extra jalapeno and hot sauce... Ate half and stomach was hurting for 6 hours. Ate another 1/4 the next day and threw the rest away... Way too spicy. As much as I love spicy food, this was the first time that I couldn't finish some food because it was too spicy

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I watched a buddy eat one of these with extra sauce, it was entertaining. The look on his face as he got a bite soaked in the sauce was priceless!
    I don't mind some spice... but I had a small bite of this and would have died trying to eat an entire one.

Originally posted by dj_patm
    Aw man, I must have gotten screwed.

Why does your butt hurt?

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by KRyn
    Why does your butt hurt?
    No, thats the problem.
    I got the "hotter than hell" and it wasn't spicy at all.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

probably the person who made yours didn't put any hot sauce on top

My Ride

Originally posted by dj_patm

No, thats the problem.
    I got the "hotter than hell" and it wasn't spicy at all.
    Yeah they must have fucked it up. Give it another shot.

I suckered my buddy into trying one when he had to go climbing the next morning. He only managed to finish half. He sent me a text at 630am saying, "I had horrible horrible dreams about having to shit, and now I'm on the toilet with a burning ass hole. And that was only half."

Love the stories from dudes who tried to go all manly and ask for extra on it.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I took the easy route and got the wimpy chicken.. and it was still pretty hot and I had a bit of sweat on my forehead. (Didnt want to spend my afternoon on the can at work)
    I was surprised that the sauce actually tasted quite good besides the obvious heat it brought. Unfortunately the lady serving at Suncor didnt really explain the whole setup so I didnt really know why she was offering me bacon.. just got the sauce, jalapeno's and salsa.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by R-Audi
    I took the easy route and got the wimpy chicken.. and it was still pretty hot and I had a bit of sweat on my forehead. (Didnt want to spend my afternoon on the can at work)
    I was surprised that the sauce actually tasted quite good besides the obvious heat it brought. Unfortunately the lady serving at Suncor didnt really explain the whole setup so I didnt really know why she was offering me bacon.. just got the sauce, jalapeno's and salsa.
    The Bacon is infused with ghost pepper.

That was basically the only thing that was spicy in mine. Also got it at Suncor.

My Ride
    Acura TL, Toyota Supra

can't stand their commercials with the "taco tuesday" theme vincente is annoying.

Originally posted by aaronzaski
    can't stand their commercials with the "taco tuesday" theme vincente is annoying.
    That's taco time, not Mucho Burrito

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Originally posted by bulaian

That's taco time, not Mucho Burrito

My Ride
    Acura TL, Toyota Supra

sorry i am not taco and mexican food connoisseur like yourselves.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Just had a hotter than hell burrito, not bad. I like spicy foods and this was tasty. Good flavor, the black ghost pepper sauce has a sweet taste to go with it, it accumulated a bunch at the bottom of the burrito so that was the hottest part.

Overall not bad, but not near as hot has habanero wings and ghost chili wings I've had in the past. Finished it at a normal pace.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast