Quantcast
Remote Start Installer - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remote Start Installer

Thanks for all the kind words! We had some technical complications registering, otherwise we would have posted sooner.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, phone call or our website (which has all of our contact information.)

We are also running a 10% off sale until Jan 27/2013 for anyone interested!

Thanks again, everyone!

http://www.ancellbrothers.ca

*Edit: posting website, woops
    Last edited by Tyler Ancell; 01-21-2013 at 05:52 PM.

I see on their website they do heated seats as well... might kill two birds with one stone and do a autostart and heated seats.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Tyler, do you guys install on Audi's by any chance? I'm looking at getting a alarm/starter on a 2006 Audi S4. Thanks!

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

Hi there mo_money2supe,

I've sent you a private message which contains my brother Jeff's contact information as I mostly deal with web related stuff. He'll be able to get you all the information you need!

Thanks!

Originally posted by mo_money2supe
    Tyler, do you guys install on Audi's by any chance? I'm looking at getting a alarm/starter on a 2006 Audi S4. Thanks!
    jeff recommended not getting a starter installed on an S5 because of potential complications and a ridiculous price

My Ride
    explorer

not sure why some of you guy are so happy that they solder their starters in, most of us that do installs do solder and zip tie so its clean and will be reliable and not come back for service.

Audio season is gearing up!

If anyone has any questions or would like to get a quote for installations of head units, subs, amps, speakers, video, etc etc feel free to reply here - or visit our website http://www.ancellbrothers.ca/

Thanks again everyone.

My Ride
    CH9

so let me get this straight........ he is running a shop out of a tent in airdrie? selling grey market car starters?

And you all think this is a good idea?

Has anyone heard of buying from authorized dealers?
    What about warranty issues with product?
    What happens when there is a problem with one of the installs and there is a damage claim? whos paying that bill?

People please think about where you are bringing your cars to get worked on, .
    Think long term not just at the upfront cost.

If he was that good of an installer he wouldn't be working in a tent in his front yard.

so let me get this straight........ he is running a shop out of a tent in airdrie? selling grey market car starters? And you all think this is a good idea?
    Jeff has done over 200 starters this winter in his "tent" in "airdrie". People here must think its a decent idea since considering you're his only bad review (which I'm sure has something to do with him taking your business?)

Has anyone heard of buying from authorized dealers? What about warranty issues with product? What happens when there is a problem with one of the installs and there is a damage claim? whos paying that bill?
    Perhaps before posting in a public thread, you would at least get some facts straight. Jeff offers the manufacturers warranty on all products and a lifetime warranty on his installs. Out of ALL of the installs there has been ZERO damage other than a scratch on an inside panel of a vehicle which Jeff paid to have replaced.

People please think about where you are bringing your cars to get worked on, . Think long term not just at the upfront cost.
    People do think about who they bring their cars to - almost all of Jeff's business has been word of mouth. If you think because he offers his services at a price you cannot match makes him unqualified, then I suppose you're sorely mistaken.

If he was that good of an installer he wouldn't be working in a tent in his front yard.
    Jeff has been in the business for 11 years now and the majority of that time has been spent working for other people. With 2 kids and a wife, he decided it was time to put in serious effort to go into business for himself to make sure they wanted for nothing. Everyone has to start somewhere, and its unfortunate that you felt it necessary to post slander.

My Ride
    ep3

Just brought my car in to Jeff this morning to get the Compustar 9000 and a door actuator installed and the service was great. Jeff was really professional and explained everything in detail before I left. The install went much quicker than anticipated , finishing in just under 2 hours with no complications.

+1 for Ancell Brothers, I would definitely recommend people to go there and I'm sure we'll do business again in the future.

Used Jeff about 8 months ago to install my JL stealthbox & amp in my 2012 Ram. He did an excellent job and was about half the price of most of the competition.

Highly recommended.

Do they take credit card payments?

Off topic, but where can I get my compustar fixed? It's pretty old, but it just stopped working a little while back.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Autodream can probably help.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by Seks
    Do they take credit card payments?
    Yes they do

Originally posted by GenerationX
    Off topic, but where can I get my compustar fixed? It's pretty old, but it just stopped working a little while back.
    Jeff can probably check it out and let u know too he seems to know his shit

My Ride
    '99 Civic SIR - '01 4Runner - '10 Tundra

Two vehicles done in one day (couple of Toyotas) and Jeff was professional and completed each one in a reasonable amount of time.

Glad to finally have my AutoPage remote / starters installed and functioning! The other shops I contacted wanted my first born to install the kits (as they did not sell them they weren't confident in installing them...) where as Jeff was very reasonably priced.

Originally posted by EK69

Jeff can probably check it out and let u know too he seems to know his shit
    Definitely.

Got my remote starter installed from Jeff too a little while back.
    Thus far works well and no issues so another thumbs up for Jeff
    He got it done pretty quick and took a few minutes to go through it all afterwards.
    One thing to note is he does it all for his quoted price.
    No bullshit costs like "oh you want remote trunk release wired in? Extra $50"
    He also will go through the programming with u if u want to make sure every option is set up exactly how u want it

Got my remote starter installed by Jeff a few weeks ago.
    Nice guy, was very accommodating. Dropped the truck off Friday night while he was working on other vehicles and ours was ready first thing the next morning.
    Like EK69 said no bs costs, prices listed are the prices and he took the time to explain everything when we picked up the truck.
    No complaints here and would recommend him to others in the future.

Here's a timeline of my experience with Jeff AKA Ancell Brothers.

Nov 6 - Seeing the reviews here, Jeff was the 1st person I called for a quote, and then told him I would call back.

Nov 7 - I called back the next day with a couple of items I forget to mention, and he said he would have to get me a new quote, and he would call me back. No call back.

Nov 11 - I called Jeff to check on that price quote, said his kid accidentally threw out the paper, he would start working on a new quote right now and call me back ASAP. No call back. (When I called him the next day, he explained it as he didn't get around to it till late last night, and didn't want to bother me so late.)

Nov 12 - I called Jeff to check on that quote again, he gave me a price, and assured me he wasn't trying to brush me off. I said I wanted to book an appointment, and he said he would call me back shortly because he was on the road. No call back.

Nov 13 - I called Jeff again, we made an appointment for NOVEMBER 29th. - about 2 and 1/2 weeks advance

Nov 22 - I called Jeff to ask a question about my install, he said he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to do the install at all, saying a "lack of manpower." Said he would touch base with me in a couple days. No call back as of Nov 26th.

Nov 25 - I called Jeff twice, no answer, no call back.

Nov 26 - I called Jeff again, no answer, no call back.

Ridiculous. I don't know if he actually needs more time to decide whether or not he can do the install that we had booked in 3 days, but I can only assume he doesn't want to do it, and now I'm scrambling to find someone that can do this install before I leave next week.

Last edited by know1edge; 11-26-2013 at 10:19 PM.

wtf that doesn't sound like Jeff at all but then again I don't know him other than the few days I spent talking about my install and then getting it done.

What kind of vehicle is it?
    There is another place but the name escapes me at the moment... Will be back later when I remember.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast