Quantcast
New G35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: New G35

Default New G35

Well after stealing the keys from my mom a couple times i've had an opertunity to bag around in this little beast for a couple days now. WOW. What an awsome car. Nissans 3.5 VQ engine is amazing. From about 4500 up this car feels faster then the truck. It has a great engine and exhaust tone too. I can't say enough about the motor in this car, it really is amazing. Everything else is as I expected it, interior is cleanly layed out, easy to understand, and very comfortable. The tilting dash/steering column is very cool. The ride is supple, but by no means soft. Overall it's an amazing car, and I'm very happy that my mom decided not to get the TL. There are a few things that I don't quite like. 1st is the rear end styling. Someone dropped the ball on that one. 2nd is there is no MPG computer, just direction and outside temp. 3rd the doors seem to need more effort then it should take to get them to close all the way, but they do sound very solid when they do close. 4th the outside mirrors do not have the anti-glare that the rear view does. And finally 5th, the 6 disc in dash cd player is already broken. Followed instructions to the tee but it won't release the ones that are in there or take in new ones or play them for that matter. So it will have to go back to hyatt for that soon. Other then my minor gripes tho, it's a really great car and I have a blast driving it! Oh ya, my mom likes it too! lol
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Told you so...

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Yes. The VQ series has been voted the best in its class for 8 or 10 years in a row now.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Congrats to your momz on the ride, alrhough I think you'll be trying to steal it from her every chance you get...

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: New G35

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    there is no MPG computer, just direction and outside temp.
    are u sure about that? even the lowly altima has a mpg, dte, thermometer, average speed, yada yada computer built into the trip meter..
    Originally posted by altima
    Yes. The VQ series has been voted the best in its class for 8 or 10 years in a row now.
    but that really means nothing since the vq35 is redesigned and totally different than hte vq30. not that the vq35 doesnt rock

Default Re: Re: New G35

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    are u sure about that? even the lowly altima has a mpg, dte, thermometer, average speed, yada yada computer built into the trip meter
    Semi-positive. I've hit the little computer button many times and many different ways but all it does it either turn on or off the compass and outside temp. Of course we don't have an owners manual yet so I wan't able to check that. I guess Infiniti's are too bling bling to worry about mpg!
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    1988 Desert Storm

There is alot to the G 35, Infiniti wasn't doing good at all, in fact they were going bankrupt. Now that the QX4 has been out for a while with the G 35, they are doing alright now! The big selling feature on it is the fact that this Asian company is claiming that it is the new EUROPEAN style! No objections from any of the other competitors, but it has been selling good! I would like to try it

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

yeh to be honest i never really knew infinite exist for the 6 years i been in Canada.. and i . not til 2 years when we actually see it in the auto mall.. then it wasnt til the car show last year did i realize the Quality of it.. ( always thought it was like a hyundai kinda company).. and it wasnt til the release of G35 that i actually pay attention to infinite and actually want to own one as a family vechicle

the only one i dont really around is the Daewood cars... ( sp?) alway see the PoS dealership but never ever seen any one driving one