Quantcast
Are we ready for another Trudeau?? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are we ready for another Trudeau??

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Toma

Mark my words.

If it comes down to it, young Trudeau will DEMOLISH Harper in an election.
    Agreed, although Harper is too wily to let that happen...if he falls way behind in the polls he'll break his own election law (again) to draw this parliament out to 2016, and if he's still way behind in the polls he'll just have some patsy (say Rona Ambrose or Peter MacKay) step in to take the fall...kind of like Mulroney and Kim Campbell in 93.

Met Justin Trudeau in July of this year and was REALLY impressed with his affable demeanour and how congenial he was with everybody. Cracked a few jokes with him and he seemed to leave a very favourable impression on many others in addition to myself.

Originally posted by Toma

I don't mind sharing with the rest of the country. We live in a COUNTRY called Canada, not a country called Alberta.

It is impossible to have a Country as big as Canada equally prosperous from Coast to coast. Resources should belong to ALL Canadians, and distributed as needed to meet medical, social, and educational commitments to citizens coast to coast.
    Maybe Justin can change what his dad couldn't, using an amending formula his dad helped create which will make it impossible for this pipe dream to happen.

Alberta no.
    Quebec no.
    Newfoundland no.
    Saskatchewan no.

Amendment defeated, resources continue to belong to the provinces.

Until the left unites, Harper will continue to ride the split to victory. Much like how the Liberals did the same in the 90s during the PC vs Reform years.

It's too bad the Liberal party has shifted itself to the left so much. It actually used to be a reasonable option. Now it has no identity.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Of course Trudeau was pleasant, that's ALL he has. A million dollar smile, nice hair and the ability to make everyone he speaks to THINK they're the most important person in the world to him at that moment.

If that is what you want to choose a leader based on then at least go get Clinton ffs.

I'd be a bit more concerned with things like ability, intellect, accomplishment..... I don't know, tangible things? Unless I were a 12 year old girl and wanted to be told I was pretty I guess.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-16-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Default Re: Are we ready for another Trudeau??

Of course Trudeau was pleasant, that's ALL he has. A million dollar smile, nice hair and the ability to make everyone he speaks to THINK they're the most important person in the world to him at that moment.

If that is what you want to choose a leader based on then at least go get Clinton ffs.

That article summarizes some of Justin Trudeau's accomplishments.

My Ride

Even that article, in Macleans, admits his resume is weak. He won a poor neighbourhood riding handily.....is there an. easier thing that a smooth talking, makes you feel important and valued politician could do?

Give me something with substance before you throw your Bieber disc back in, baby, baby, baby.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Even that article, in Macleans, admits his resume is weak. He won a poor neighbourhood riding handily.....is there an. easier thing that a smooth talking, makes you feel important and valued politician could do?

Give me something with substance before you throw your Bieber disc back in, baby, baby, baby.
    JT doesn't have much, he's really just a name and a face. But if that is enough for the LPC to rally around then it is more than they've had with "leaders" who had terrific resumes. Dion and Ignatieff weren't poorly qualified, they were just terrible leaders.

If the Libs can surround Trudeau with effective people who can be set up as potential cabinet ministers then that is where they will make comebacks. People don't care for Harper, but he has his party in order so they don't care as much about the lollipop gang that is the current cabinet. There were rumours Carney at the BoC could be in the hunt, but if he could be swayed to leave that post to be the shadow finance minister that not only gives the LPC a leader to rally around, but it shows voters who don't care about JT somebody else to buy into. Many Ontarioans still hate Flahrety, give them somebody with Carney's legitimacy and you'll sway a lot of red tories who either stayed home or voted CPC last time around.

Then keep the well-spoken and well-respected people (Kennedy, Garneau et al) at the forefront as well. Let them show the LPC as a party is stronger than the CPC as a party. Harper can only keep the nutjobs on the far right so quiet for so long. When you see seemingly competent people up against Baird, Ambrose and company, you'll win votes that way.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Even that article, in Macleans,
    Not to mention some GOD AWFUL reporting on their part...

My Ride

kertejud2, that is a plausible scenario indeed.... It's akin to putting a puppet in the big chair but it's certainly plausible albeit somewhat dangerous.

I'm not against a change in government, they are necessary to keep things in check on the larger scale, it just frightens me that an essential nobody could just schmooze his way onto the job. Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last!
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Always surprises me when a political thread pops up to see how much liberal support/Harper hate there is on beyond when in Calgary, in day-to-day business, you would have a very difficult time finding any liberal support whatsoever.

The people who were hurt most by Tredeau's energy program in the 80's are largely still in business in Calgary and that will hurt JT's chance to win any popularity here regardless if he's not his father..... he's still a Trudeau and we're still a bunch of rednecks.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

Originally posted by rizfarmer
    Always surprises me when a political thread pops up to see how much liberal support/Harper hate there is on beyond when in Calgary, in day-to-day business, you would have a very difficult time finding any liberal support whatsoever.

The people who were hurt most by Tredeau's energy program in the 80's are largely still in business in Calgary and that will hurt JT's chance to win any popularity here regardless if he's not his father..... he's still a Trudeau and we're still a bunch of rednecks.
    It isn't a Trudeau thing, it is a Liberal thing. It doesn't matter if it's Justin Trudeau or Danielle Smith, neither would gain much popularity in Alberta because of that 'Liberal Party of Canada' problem.

So it's probably best for the Liberals to just ignore how he would affect their chances out here.

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Originally posted by kertejud2

It isn't a Trudeau thing, it is a Liberal thing. It doesn't matter if it's Justin Trudeau or Danielle Smith, neither would gain much popularity in Alberta because of that 'Liberal Party of Canada' problem.

So it's probably best for the Liberals to just ignore how he would affect their chances out here.
    For a lot of old Albertan's it IS a Trudeau thing.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Old Trudeau - CCRF
    New Trudeau - ???

He gets my vote any day.

Originally posted by rizfarmer

For a lot of old Albertan's it IS a Trudeau thing.
    Yes, old Trudeau is why they hate the Liberals and will continue to hate them regardless of whether it is Justin Trudeau or Gerard Kennedy or whoever else throws their name in.

Alberta isn't a target for the Liberals, if it is then they deserve to keep losing badly.

My Ride
    Bicycle

The Liberal brand is dead.

And more crucially, it's dead in Ontario and Quebec.

Although, I'm sure Harper wants a viable Liberal party. That's the only to ensure he keep his majority government by splitting the left.

Somehow, I think only way Liberal will survive is if it merges with NDP.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

These threads crack me up!!!

Almost as good as reading Facebook updates after the debates for the Presidential election.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Although, I'm sure Harper wants a viable Liberal party. That's the only to ensure he keep his majority government by splitting the left.

Canada doesn't need to be a two-party country. And it hasn't been long politically-speaking so things can change fast. People tend to vote a party OUT of power, not IN. Sometimes, if the party has been in power "too long", voters get fatigued and vote for change. All it takes is a small slip up by the conservatives (or just general tiredness of them) and the either the libs or NDP are in power while the Conservatives are in third place.

I'm also surprised at all the Trudeau love here. First thing that happened when I came into a job interview in Sask was being asked who I voted for, how happy I was with the election results, how everyone hated Trudeau because of the NEP etc. Was kind of funny. Then again in Quebec people are no fans of the man either. Both the West (especially Alberta) and Quebec hated the man.
    Last edited by bitteeinbit; 10-17-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

Originally posted by Xtrema

The NDP brand died with Layton, don't see the point in merging with them. Whether or not they can keep it up in Quebec is left to be seen, but if they are going to be a Quebec-centric party then that will alienate Ontario voters. Ontario went CPC and NDP because the fringes of the old Liberal supporters swapped to either side when they saw Iggy and co. had nothing to offer. They'd all probably be willing to come back if the conditions were right.

The old Bloc voters might stick with the NDP and if they do, that opens the door for the Libs to be the 'federalist vote' in Quebec again. Some of Quebec hates the Trudeau name and legacy, but Chretien, PET's right-hand man, was able to win three majorities in no-small part because of what he won in Quebec. Even with the sponsorship scandal decent chunks of Quebec went Liberal until Layton and the NDP managed to win everything regardless of who the candidate was. Mulcair is no Layton and will have to fight to keep a lot of seats.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Lemme just bump this thread. How ya like me now Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by WhippWhapp View Post

It doesn't hurt that he is young and charismatic, Harper has the appeal of a used tampon.
    Young and charismatic > trained economist.

Voter priorities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast