Quantcast
Are we ready for another Trudeau?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we ready for another Trudeau??

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Are we ready for another Trudeau??

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/10/11/on-his-terms/

If he is like daddy, fuck yeah.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I was too young at the time to really know any difference (good or bad) but this "kid" sure has the attention of the media. They friggin' love him.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

If he's anything like his faggot daddy, this city will be a wasteland.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I'll wait and see if he's got anything to offer other than being a sperm shot out of his father's balls.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    You Crazy

Daddy was awesome. Balls, brains, and not afraid to use either, and not a lap dog of anyone, especially the Americans, and not afraid of anyone, could not be bought out by big oil or the corporations. We need a guy that will keep Canada, for average Canadians.

There are morons that still blame him for the Energy Program that they claim lead to Alberta recession.

But those dummies have no idea that it was a global recession and that resource prices (ie, oil) is a Global phenomenon. Combined with soaring interest rates.... Trudeau had nothing to do with $10 a barrel oil.
    Last edited by Toma; 10-16-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Originally posted by Toma
    There are morons that still blame him for the Energy Program that they claim lead to Alberta recession.

But those dummies have no idea that it was a global recession and that resource prices (ie, oil) is a Global phenomenon. Combined with soaring interest rates.... Trudeau had nothing to do with $10 a barrel oil.
    Is that the claim though? I've always thought the hatorade for NEP was because it essentially turned Alberta into an ATM for the rest of the country (much like how equalization payments are today). The artificial oil price cap also didn't allow Alberta to realize as much gains as they could before the oil price collapse.

Disclaimer: My understanding of the NEP is weak at best haha.
    ---

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by kenny

Is that the claim though? I've always thought the hatorade for NEP was because it essentially turned Alberta into an ATM for the rest of the country (much like how equalization payments are today). The artificial oil price cap also didn't allow Alberta to realize as much gains as they could before the oil price collapse.

Disclaimer: My understanding of the NEP is weak at best haha.
    The ones that are REALLY pissed about it point to the following recession.

I don't mind sharing with the rest of the country. We live in a COUNTRY called Canada, not a country called Alberta.

It is impossible to have a Country as big as Canada equally prosperous from Coast to coast. Resources should belong to ALL Canadians, and distributed as needed to meet medical, social, and educational commitments to citizens coast to coast.

Look at now. Near record oil prices, but Er times through the roof, classrooms sizes up, shitty roads, traffic, pollution, lower average standard of living... .... the only "benefit" for the average Canadian is having to run faster and faster on the hamster wheel just to keep up.

Yeah right, like invoking a nation wide War Measures Act is a sensible reaction to a crummy QC gang kidnapping a gov't official.

He may not have been a lap dog of the Americans, but they were two peas in a pod (he was just 30 years ahead of the Americans in revoking civil liberties).

The guy was a sleazebag thru and thru.

We need someone who isn't a puppet to oil and big business, I give him a preliminary thumbs up.

It doesn't hurt that he is young and charismatic, Harper has the appeal of a used tampon.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

The ones that are REALLY pissed about it point to the following recession.

I don't mind sharing with the rest of the country. We live in a COUNTRY called Canada, not a country called Alberta.

It is impossible to have a Country as big as Canada equally prosperous from Coast to coast. Resources should belong to ALL Canadians, and distributed as needed to meet medical, social, and educational commitments to citizens coast to coast.

Look at now. Near record oil prices, but Er times through the roof, classrooms sizes up, shitty roads, traffic, pollution, lower average standard of living... .... the only "benefit" for the average Canadian is having to run faster and faster on the hamster wheel just to keep up.
    You're correct to a point but a lot of that hamster wheel is caused by those payments. That's a debate all to itself though and the biggest hole in that debate is Quebec. Obviously neither of us actually knows but how much better off would those things you mention be if we weren't continually funnelling, for years and years, disproportionate amounts of money to fund not the necessities of life out East but the comforts of it? Just think if out of the 5-6-8 billion dollars a year Quebec alone gets, how much better off things may be if they didn't get it all. How much would an extra billion dollars in your provincial coffers accomplish? There's a thousand different points to make on each side of that argument though, it would break our keyboards....

The real Trudeau was a man appropriate for his time and accomplished good along with the bad. Junior here? I can't see it, his only demonstrated similarities are on paper. He's the political epitome of selling the sizzle from a steak that's already been eaten.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Accord

I'd rather have Trudeau & the liberals in the opposition bench than the NDP, though that has little to do with Trudeau himself. But as the majority? At this point, not a chance. Harpers doing too good a job.

My Ride
    You Crazy

You're correct to a point but a lot of that hamster wheel is caused by those payments.
    "Transfer paymets" come out of our portion of our personal Federal Income taxes. Alberta does not pay it directly, and we enjoy one of the lowest income tax rates in the country.

Simply put, big oil never has and never will pay it's fair share. THAT is the real issue.

EXPLOIT the SHIT out of Alberta, Drill that shit dry, import workers, destroy the environment....

cause huge unsustainable demands for provincial resources (education, health care, infrastructure etc), and leave the average Albertan with 12 hour ER wait times, pollution, and bad roads, $$$ food prices, ..... and the rat race, traffic Jams on Deerfoot.....
    Last edited by Toma; 10-16-2012 at 02:39 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by chibwack
    I'd rather have Trudeau & the liberals in the opposition bench than the NDP, though that has little to do with Trudeau himself. But as the majority? At this point, not a chance. Harpers doing too good a job.
    Mark my words.

If it comes down to it, young Trudeau will DEMOLISH Harper in an election.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Simply put, big oil never has and never will pay it's fair share. THAT is the real issue.
    Can't really argue with that.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by WhippWhapp
    It doesn't hurt that he is young and charismatic, Harper has the appeal of a used tampon.
    OK let's just elect Lady Gaga for PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel

OK let's just elect Lady Gaga for PM.
    Couldn't be worse than the American republican Harper.

Trudeau.

Make the US pay $300 for a barrel of oil and make them like it? Heh...
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Accord

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Trudeau.

Make the US pay $300 for a barrel of oil and make them like it? Heh...
    Problem with that is all signs (apparantly) point to America being oil independent in the not so distant future...

My Ride
    You Crazy

Problem with that is all signs (apparantly) point to America being oil independent in the not so distant future...
    bahahahahahahhaha

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahha

OMG, the thought of gorging America being independent for anything.... it's too much. Stop, my sides are splitting from laughter.

Watch, pretty soon, our fresh water supply will be piped off at our expense, but at private profit.....oh....wait.... lol!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

What crack have you been smoking today...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast