Quantcast
The Scotch Thread - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 112 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scotch Thread

My Ride
    06 S2000

I never bothered looking for a scotch thread on here before...

This is my collection right now. I want to pick up some Gibson's 16yr, since I like it more than the 12yr, and some Lagavulin 16yr, but I'm holding off til the new year. I just picked up the bank note and the harvest rye.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    I never bothered looking for a scotch thread on here before...

This is my collection right now. I want to pick up some Gibson's 16yr, since I like it more than the 12yr, and some Lagavulin 16yr, but I'm holding off til the new year. I just picked up the bank note and the harvest rye.

That's an interesting collection. You should take your valhalla collection out of the boxes for display! They look so freaken cool. I would love to buy the Odin but too rich for my blood.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I'm searching high and low for Loki and Thor. Ideally I'm moving in the next few months, and I just lined them up for the photo, otherwise they're stored on top of the kitchen cabinets.
    My car sounds like shit.

Has anyone tried the Glenmorangie Companta?

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by suen_boi
    Has anyone tried the Glenmorangie Companta?
    It's quite nice Got a bottle as a gift last year, would definitely recommend.

My Ride

I've heard great things about the Companta, and after reading this thread I immediately checked KWM and they do have it in-stock!

My wallet desperately needs to take a break from buying whiskies, otherwise I would be all over it.

My Ride

Not sure if we have any Bowmore fans here, but they have a special release called the Devil's Cask. The first edition released a few years ago was very popular and are now selling at auction sites for a nice premium. The second edition was popular in the EU but not so much here in NA.

They just released the Third and Final edition called the Bowmore The Devil's Cask III. The first and second edition was retailing for $100 USD/$120CAD, but for this third release they raised the retail price to a staggering $290USD. Most people don't think it's worth that much.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-30372.aspx

Liquor depot recently got a shipment in and they just put it along side their Devil Cask II stock. The barcode on the Cask III doesn't register in their system so they just sell it under their Cask II pricing of $120 CAD. This makes it a steal compared to what everyone else in the world are paying ($290USD).

For you bargain hunters or bowmore fans out there, this might be worth checking out.

I've tasted the Devil's Cask II before and thought it was pretty good (and intense. 56%!). Bought the Cask III yesterday but haven't tried it yet.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 01-13-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

Liquor depot recently got a shipment in and they just put it along side their Devil Cask II stock. The barcode on the Cask III doesn't register in their system so they just sell it under their Cask II pricing of $120 CAD. This makes it a steal compared to what everyone else in the world is paying ($290USD).

For you bargain hunters or bowmore fans out there, this might be worth checking out.
    Thanks for the info. Just looked on LiquorConnect and it is showing only the Brentwood location received this. Is that where you purchased this from?

My Ride

Originally posted by roopi

Thanks for the info. Just looked on LiquorConnect and it is showing only the Brentwood location received this. Is that where you purchased this from?
    Yeah the Brenwood location. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

My Ride

Anyone going to the MS Whisky Festival tomorrow (Thurs) evening?? or have been to in the past? is it worth going?

My Ride

Update! Opened the Bowmore Devil's Cask III and it's pretty good! A good balance of peat and sherry, and surprisingly smooth for 57%. Worth $120 for sure.

This will be the last one I open for a while until I kill some bottles. I have 27 open bottles right now!

On a side note for any Auchentoshan fan out there, the COOP Downtown (and only this location) has the Auchentoshan 1988 bordeaux wine finish for ~$185. No idea where they got this from as it is a duty free exclusive that was released in 2008 and only 1,800 bottles ever produced. It's a 20 yr (8 in Bourbon cask, 12 in Bordeaux wine cask). From what I can tell it's impossible to find now unless you go thru auctions, where there's one listed for 300 pounds.

I think I'm going to grab a bottle of that. Thanks for the review!!

Kensington Wine Market has it listed as $120 online. So....is this a miscoding or do two stores have the wrong pricing??

I also grabbed a bottle, since everywhere else online is quoting 190 Pounds.

My Ride
    Toyota Camry

Hi all, I am planning to buy a bottle of Scotch for my brother as a wedding gift. Looking for a recommendation and willing to spend maximum $500 and I want something he can keep for a while and admire the fact he has a bottle on the shelf. He bought me a bottle of Camus Extra Elegance as a wedding gift.

Originally posted by coldmind
    Hi all, I am planning to buy a bottle of Scotch for my brother as a wedding gift. Looking for a recommendation and willing to spend maximum $500 and I want something he can keep for a while and admire the fact he has a bottle on the shelf. He bought me a bottle of Camus Extra Elegance as a wedding gift.
    What type of scotch does he normally drink? Islay, Speyside, etc? Notice any brands he normally buys?

My Ride
    Toyota Camry

Right now he is just starting out drinking whiskies. He bought some Japanese whiskies (Hibikki I think?). Don`t think he has gotten down any preference yet. I don`t know anything about Scotch or Whiskies at all.

My Ride
    2003 Nissan 350Z

Where would you guys recommend I check for a decent scotch selection when I'm in town in a couple months?

Preferably on the West side of the city.
    Stardast flared, Accuair and Air Lift Suspension, Vortech Supercharged, Tucked & Shaved Engine Bay: Build Thread

[/b]

Originally posted by coldmind
    Right now he is just starting out drinking whiskies. He bought some Japanese whiskies (Hibikki I think?). Don`t think he has gotten down any preference yet. I don`t know anything about Scotch or Whiskies at all.
    Really hard to make a recommendation based on this. Instead of buying a $500/bottle I'd buy 3-4 bottles. Give him some variety. I get the idea of buying a $500/bottle since it is a wedding and he can say we are drinking $500 scotch but a $150 bottle can taste just as good and you'll have a variety buying a few.

Try Willow Park or KWM as they have large selections and the staff know what they are doing so they could help you chose the 1 (or 4 bottles).

Originally posted by 350ZAl
    Where would you guys recommend I check for a decent scotch selection when I'm in town in a couple months?

Preferably on the West side of the city.
    Willow Park or KWM have the largest selections in the city. They don't have the best prices though.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Personally, I really like CO-OP. Midtown, Crowfoot, 16th Ave, all have large locations and collections.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Toyota Camry

Thanks roopi for the suggestion of getting 3-4 bottles vs 1 bottle.... I never thought of that. I probably will get him 3-4 different regions (Islay vs Highland vs speyside vs Island) or different taste profiles.

Originally posted by roopi

Really hard to make a recommendation based on this. Instead of buying a $500/bottle I'd buy 3-4 bottles. Give him some variety. I get the idea of buying a $500/bottle since it is a wedding and he can say we are drinking $500 scotch but a $150 bottle can taste just as good and you'll have a variety buying a few.

Try Willow Park or KWM as they have large selections and the staff know what they are doing so they could help you chose the 1 (or 4 bottles).

Willow Park or KWM have the largest selections in the city. They don't have the best prices though.

Page 25 of 112 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast