Quantcast
Ford's C-MAX Energi Receives 620-Mile EPA-Rated Driving Range - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ford's C-MAX Energi Receives 620-Mile EPA-Rated Driving Range

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Default Ford's C-MAX Energi Receives 620-Mile EPA-Rated Driving Range

Not bad, especially for the price! It's nice to see a North American car knock the Prius out of top place.

The Toyota Prius plug-in has a 540-mile range while the Chevrolet Volt has a 380-mile range

After receivng an EPA rating of 100 miles-per-gallon equivalent (MPGe) city/highway combined, Ford's C-MAX Energi has now been named the king of range with 620 miles per tank/charge.

According to Ford, the C-MAX Energi crushes the competition with an EPA rated 108 MPGe city and an EPA rated 620-mile overall driving range. The Energi is also capable of traveling 21 miles in all-electric mode and has 195 horsepower with a fully charged battery.

The Toyota Prius plug-in, on the other hand, has a 540-mile range while the Chevrolet Volt has a 380-mile range.

Not only will the C-MAX Energi be America's most fuel efficient vehicle with the longest range, but it will also be the most affordable. It has a starting price of $29,995, but is eligible for the federal tax credit. The EPA label also noted that customers could save almost $7,000 in gas over the course of five years with the C-MAX Energi.

“C-MAX Energi is America’s most efficient utility vehicle, a great symbol of how Ford gives customers the power to choose leading fuel-efficiency across our lineup with gas prices spiraling upwards of $5 a gallon in some parts of the country,” said John Davis, C-MAX chief engineer. “The C-MAX Energi’s leading range also means customers can spend more time on the road and more money on their priorities instead of at the gas pump.”

Ford also mentioned that the C-MAX Energi's range was designed to address congestion problems. A longer electric range means no wasted fuel while sitting in traffic.

The C-MAX Energi, due out this Fall, will also offer many of Ford's features like SYNC with MyFord Touch, MyFord Mobile, ECO Cruise and SmartGauge with EcoGuide.

93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Don't know how real that would be in real life when Prius Plug-In run out of juice around 15 miles and it's all gas from that point forward.

Would expect this to be similar for the C-Max. Can't put that big of a battery with such low cost.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Don't know how real that would be in real life when Prius Plug-In run out of juice around 15 miles and it's all gas from that point forward.

Would expect this to be similar for the C-Max. Can't put that big of a battery with such low cost.
    Similar indeed. The C-max is 21 miles electric with the rest done with the motor running. That said, 21 miles (~34km) is quite reasonable for doing the average person's daily commute all-electric, but with the ability to go normal distances as well. It's more versatile than a pure EV, that's for sure.

My Ride
    Bicycle

ok.

The math works.

Considering C-Max can do the same mileage as Focus @ 38mpg highway. That yields 608 miles per 16 gallon tank.

So 620miles per tank is really possible. Wow. Especially for a $30K car.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Xtrema
    ok.

The math works.

Considering C-Max can do the same mileage as Focus @ 38mpg highway. That yields 608 miles per 16 gallon tank.

So 620miles per tank is really possible. Wow. Especially for a $30K car.
    VW Passat TDI.

<$30g, 43mpg highway, 18.5g tank = 795 miles

(I know it's not PZEV, but still...)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Asian families would love this; my dad would!

Wry fry when it cheaper to drive?