Quantcast
Brooks Brothers quality? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brooks Brothers quality?

My Ride
    Accord

Default Brooks Brothers quality?

So there's been two things on my shopping list for the season (nice coat, nice weekend type bag), and low and behold Brooks Brothers has a deal right now - spend $545 on a jacket, get a free $545 bag. So I did it, both are very nice looking so I don't regret anything in that front. But before I yank all the tags off, hows BB quality? Is this as good a deal as I bought into/are their coats worth the ~600 I paid?

Also, in case you're looking: buy a coat, get a bag.

My Ride
    335i

Brooks Brothers has both high end and average products in their line. The Cross Iron location does not carry their higher end items.

If you are happy with your purchase, don't worry so much about the quality.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Accord

Yeah that's what I was thinking, just wanted to see if there's any horror stories out there. This was the Eaton center location.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

75% of what I wear per week is office wardrobe.

Every time I'm around that area walking near Holt, I would feel so tempted to buy stuff from BB.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Brooks Brothers 346 = outlet quality, basically manufactured for outlets as they want you to think you are getting a good deal

Brooks Brothers = Much better quality, usually sold downtown or whatnot however can make it to the outlets if old/dated stock

There is also another level, although I cannot remember.

I love going there when their dress shirts are $25.00/each (on sale from $80.00)

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Just curious, what is a 'weekend type bag'??

My Ride
    Accord

Basically just something like this. About big enough for a weekend trip out but not much more, yet bigger than a gym bag type thing.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

I never really got into BB... something about it just seems like it is made to look very expensive and exclusive but most of their stuff isn't even that unique or nice.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Exploded.

To me, BB shirts feel cheap and thin; even their mid-range "18-18" line is meh.

Their high-end is the "Black Fleece" collection with the sheep logo thingy. Not bad; pricey though and built 'boxy' (Caucasian body in mind) like Harry Rosen. You can get >2 China-made bespoke shirts for the price of one of their Black Fleece shirts.

I love their ties though. So many colors and variations. They make killer bowties.

Originally posted by flipstah
    To me, BB shirts feel cheap and thin; even their mid-range "18-18" line is meh.

Their high-end is the "Black Fleece" collection with the sheep logo thingy. Not bad; pricey though and built 'boxy' (Caucasian body in mind) like Harry Rosen. You can get >2 China-made bespoke shirts for the price of one of their Black Fleece shirts.

I love their ties though. So many colors and variations. They make killer bowties.
    I don't think they're any more inferior to any other of its peers.... canali, boss etc..

however their style and fit is tradition, though they do have a milano, a more "tapered" fit

I have a couple sports jackets that I use

Nothing wrong with staying with modern fashion trends BUT... it depends on how disposable your disposable income is

A few years back the high sheen 3 button was in..
    now its the 2 button with a super tapered fit with short arms and legs... to show off the cuff and socks

however a traditional fitting 3 button from 5-8 years ago still well... looks like a suit

I have about a dozen of their non-iron dress shirts. I think they've paid for themselves already in money saved from dry cleaning.

I find all of the elbows will go at once in them, around the 1.5-2year range. Other than that, really like them. You can get their non-iron shirts in slim fit as well.

I have 2 BB suits... they're ok, nothing special. Really need to get them tailored properly to have a slim fit, otherwise they can look a bit baggy, especially the pants.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by r3ccOs

I don't think they're any more inferior to any other of its peers.... canali, boss etc..

however their style and fit is tradition, though they do have a milano, a more "tapered" fit

I have a couple sports jackets that I use

Nothing wrong with staying with modern fashion trends BUT... it depends on how disposable your disposable income is

A few years back the high sheen 3 button was in..
    now its the 2 button with a super tapered fit with short arms and legs... to show off the cuff and socks

however a traditional fitting 3 button from 5-8 years ago still well... looks like a suit
    Valid point.

Their quality is on par with the competition but personally, I'm not a fan of their shirts.

For the same quality (textiles, buttons, etc.), you can get more shirts and bespoke for the price of 1 BB shirt.

I have 2 pairs of pants and a shirt from the outlet mall in SanDiego. I wore the shit out of all 3 items and they still look brand new. I'm not super hard on my clothes, but I wore them a lot. They were fine for me.

My Ride
    Accord

Originally posted by flipstah

Valid point.

Their quality is on par with the competition but personally, I'm not a fan of their shirts.

For the same quality (textiles, buttons, etc.), you can get more shirts and bespoke for the price of 1 BB shirt.
    Do you have a particular place you go for bespoke shirts?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by chibwack

Do you have a particular place you go for bespoke shirts?
    I got mine done in the Philippines when my parents went to Asia. However, I have used Indochino (www.indochino.com) and their quality is on-par with Brooks Brothers, maybe a tad below depending on how you rate feeling of textiles, for less the price of a Black Fleece shirt.

Mind you, quality is not the same as the Black Fleece line; that's better than Indochino's stuff but should be on-par with the regular shirts/better than the outlet mall ones.

Obviously, Indochino can't compete against the low-end/mid-range Brooks Brothers shirts, price-wise (because they make it in bulk), but Indochino can get you a custom-tailored shirt for ~$10 more?
    Last edited by flipstah; 10-25-2012 at 11:54 AM.

+1 for Indochino. My entire work wodrobe is now from them, an I'll never buy off the rack ever again. Prices are very reasonable too.

I use Mytailor for my MTM dress shirts. They usually have someone come to town a couple of times a year to measure you and take your order. I've done been measured a couple of times now and the shirts fit me perfectly. Since they keep my measurements on file I could probably use their website to order if I wanted.

I took advantage of the same sale a couple of years ago. I bought a Brooks Brothers peacoat and received a brown leather duffle bag for free. The coat is awesome, quality and fit is top notch and worth every dollar spent. I love the bag as well, it has a nice monogrammed liner. I always get compliments on it when I fly.

My Ride
    Accord

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    +1 for Indochino. My entire work wodrobe is now from them, an I'll never buy off the rack ever again. Prices are very reasonable too.
    Pants too? I'm pretty sure after this thread I'll send out a trial order for a few shirts. I have a very weird upper body that makes finding shirts that fit good a real PITA.

And I have to agree with RY213, it's been less than a week but this coat is by far the nicest/most comfortable work-appropriate coat I've ever bought, and the bag is a huge bonus. No regrets whatsoever, and you can just feel the quality when wearing it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by chibwack

Pants too? I'm pretty sure after this thread I'll send out a trial order for a few shirts. I have a very weird upper body that makes finding shirts that fit good a real PITA.

And I have to agree with RY213, it's been less than a week but this coat is by far the nicest/most comfortable work-appropriate coat I've ever bought, and the bag is a huge bonus. No regrets whatsoever, and you can just feel the quality when wearing it.
    Can't say about the pants but someone here got a suit from them and was happy with the results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast