Quantcast
iMessage Down? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: iMessage Down?

Default iMessage Down?

Apparently iMessage is down in many parts of the world? Nice work Apple.

Info
    '11 RR SC
    '09 M3
    '13 S5 Cab
    '11 Dodge 3500
    '12 Sienna LTD AWD
    '12 Nautique Super Air Team

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Been using it all day with no issues and now I just sent one and my iPhone is stuck at "Sending". Is everyone now testing to see if it is down and this is causing a backlog?

Same message sent from my Mac and it is delivered with no issues.... iPhone still stuck. Seems to be an issue with Rogers (in my case) as I tried another Message and it too is stuck.

No issue really, Skype and emails are working.... much ado about nothing. Oh and there is always that phone thing, something to do with voice communication.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 10-25-2012 at 04:10 PM.

End of the world is coming sooner than we thought.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

I was smashing my phone on my desk for nothing I guess

My Ride
    Calgary Transit/Corolla

lol that would explain a lot i thought it was my phone everything is hanging in sending status for me.

My Ride
    changes every year

ya its every provider in canada as far as i know, in different parts of the world also. see, apple isnt the be all end all!

now if this was blackberry, you guys would be saying "burn the motherfucker down!" lol

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    ya its every provider in canada as far as i know, in different parts of the world also. see, apple isnt the be all end all!

now if this was blackberry, you guys would be saying "burn the motherfucker down!" lol
    Rim stock would go down 10 percent as well. At least Apple stock is going down due to earnings.

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Second time it's been down in the last 3 months. Each time it's been about 2-3 hours.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Originally posted by roopi
    Rim stock would go down 10 percent as well. At least Apple stock is going down due to earnings.
    There's a big difference between Rim (mostly targetting businesses) and Apple (mostly targetting consumers). Businesses care about uptime, 5 9's SLAs, where as consumer driven businesses doesn't adhere to any SLAs. Facebook goes down. YouTube goes down, and nobody really cares (except during the outage).

That and iMessage outages of an hour or 2 has a backup via sending over SMS, where as Rim outages lasts much longer and has no backup.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

As a current Blackberry and BBM user...

I have to just chime in and say....hahahahahahaha.....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by EK 2.0

What the hell is a "blackberry" ???

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by EK 2.0

You're about 3 hours late in your response. All systems are up long ago haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Second time it's been down in the last 3 months. Each time it's been about 2-3 hours.

There's a big difference between Rim (mostly targetting businesses) and Apple (mostly targetting consumers). Businesses care about uptime, 5 9's SLAs, where as consumer driven businesses doesn't adhere to any SLAs. Facebook goes down. YouTube goes down, and nobody really cares (except during the outage).

That and iMessage outages of an hour or 2 has a backup via sending over SMS, where as Rim outages lasts much longer and has no backup.
    So are you saying it's alright for iPhone to be down because they don't target business? Consumers also care about up time. People are right, if this were RIM down, they would be bitching about it. Fact is, iMessage is a copycat service that will also have it's downtime but it's not chastised in the same way.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    So are you saying it's alright for iPhone to be down because they don't target business? Consumers also care about up time. People are right, if this were RIM down, they would be bitching about it. Fact is, iMessage is a copycat service that will also have it's downtime but it's not chastised in the same way.
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between reaction of consumers vs businesses in terms of downtime. Of course consumers care, but it's not mission critical. If a cloud service provider such as Salesforce or Gmail, or in this example Rim goes down for an extended period of time, businesses lose money, and they will pull out quick. They have SLAs with their customers, and if they're not met, the customers will find alternatives quickly.

Facebook, Youtube, Hotmail suffer from more downtime than Rim, yet they're not chastised the same way as Rim. Hell, YouTube is build on cheap networks purchased when all the fibre built during the dotcom boom collapsed. It works, it's cheap, but it's not reliable. While that works for a consumer driven model, it would not even pass an RFP if say Rim used such a model for their bandwidth.

If Apple ever goes after the business sector (I doubt they are because the iPhone isn't very business security friendly with no sign of improvements), they'll be held to the same standards.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between reaction of consumers vs businesses in terms of downtime. Of course consumers care, but it's not mission critical.
    BBM is not mission critical. There is still emails and text messages to fall back on. The only time people really bitched was when the entire service went down.
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by kenny
    BBM is not mission critical. There is still emails and text messages to fall back on. The only time people really bitched was when the entire service went down.
    That's what I was referring to if I wasn't being clear.

Ahh... just making sure :P
    ---

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

You're about 3 hours late in your response. All systems are up long ago haha.

Oh...well then carry on...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Are there issues again today? I don't think I had issues the day this thread was made but my iMessages aren't going thru today