Quantcast
Am I dumb for not hopping on this deal? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Am I dumb for not hopping on this deal?

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Default Am I dumb for not hopping on this deal?

So a co-worker at my work nephew committed suicide and he was left his bike. He is not the type at all for a crotch rocket and he just wants this bike gone.

Its a 2007 honda cbr 600 with 4200km on it in mint shape.

Hes only asking 5500 and is willing to let me have it for 4800 which is a great deal.

only reasons I'm thinking of not getting it are

I don't have much experience on a bike so its basically my first bike (did 150km road trip on a ninja900 3 years ago and a couple cruises around town)

I've never been much of a honda fan, always like the ninjas personally.

its red in colour which I'm not to fond of but a can of plasti dip will fix that fast.

Its also just the start of the winter so I'll have to look at this thing in the garage all year teasing me.

I was planning on picking up a cheap 3k older starter bike in the spring but for the extra couple grand it defiantly seems worth it.

I just really can't decide and would be interested in hearing your guy's input.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

$4800 isn't too bad of a deal. Its worth considering. It'll be a decent starter bike for you regardless, and with that few KM's Im sure its just broken in.
    The CBR's aren't much different from a ZX6R. I've ridden both (The ninja was an '06 though), and mainly the riding position and some of the characteristics are different.
    Both put the power down in much the same manner.
    With either, it really comes down to what color scheme & looks you want, since both bikes are quite similar all things considered.

CBR600's depreciate a lot. $5500 is being fairly optimistic, I think if they were to ask your price for it, they'd have buyers. Not at $5500 though, I sure as hell wouldn't pay that for one. Id snatch it up if they'd do $4500 if you can. I assume riding gear is included as well?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

the 07 CBR600rr is a fantastic bike. My favorite 600 class bike because is so well behaved. I race one and it never tries to throw me off. The 2007 model is the best CBR600rr until the 2010 model. (engine electronics changed in 2008 to limit lower gear juice) Really any of the Japanese bikes or that cheater English bike are good and you won't go wrong unless it's busted. Hopefully the bike is not haunted. I'm not too superstitious, but we had a haunted bike in the shop once, a little weird if you can believe that.
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com

haunted bike what did it do?

Originally posted by cmodem

its bad luck and your the next in line. just like haunted house.

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

Originally posted by cmodem
    The fellow who owned the bike had a heart attack while his bike was in the shop - no not from the size of the repair bill, he was just old. So we had his bike for a couple weeks until things were sorted out on his estate and weird things would happen, lights would go out, then come back on, tools moved to near where his bike was parked - most of the repairs were finished and I guess he wanted to finish it up himself maybe. Shop noises when non one was working etc. We finally put a copy of his obituary with his picture on in under the seat and all the weird stuff stopped happening. All very strange.
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com