Quantcast
Canadian tire , tire issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian tire , tire issue

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Default Canadian tire , tire issue

I got a brand new set of general grabber at2 265-70-16 tires 2 weeks ago and a coupl days ago one of the tires went flat out of no where. Changed to the spare and brought it back to them to see what happened . The guy calls me yesterday and says they will replace the tire and I just pay labor . Today the guy calls and says they won't pay anything for it anymore because I didn't have them installed at his location.

Reason being is I would have to leave my truck there 2 days and needed it for work... He then said I should have got this additional warranty that was never offered ... So pretty much looking at $300 that they said they would cover the first time. Who should I talk to at Canadian tire? Like a service manager or what?
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

Seems strange, I got the exact same set of tires, right down to the size for my Durango, from the Shawnessy location.

The run flat/tire hazzard warranty was included in the price, i thought they all were... do you have your original receipt?

With the original receipt (which is REQUIRED) for warranty purposes you shouldnt have an issue.

I have had CT replace many tires in the past under warranty with the original receipt.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Talk to the service manager! And Canadian tire is Canadian tire. They should have told you that over the phone before they did work.

My Ride

Originally posted by 410440
    Seems strange, I got the exact same set of tires, right down to the size for my Durango, from the Shawnessy location.

The run flat/tire hazzard warranty was included in the price, i thought they all were... do you have your original receipt?

With the original receipt (which is REQUIRED) for warranty purposes you shouldnt have an issue.

I have had CT replace many tires in the past under warranty with the original receipt.
    I have the receipt yes. The tires only have maybe 1000km on them. Pretty much leaves me thinking why did I buy them off his guy if I could get them for less online since I have no warranty anyways. He said go talk to general tire and see if they want to help you .
    Hittin' every hole

2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

Details on Tire Warranties from CT:

http://www.tires.canadiantire.ca/en/...vice/warranty/

General Tire Warranty:

http://www.generaltire.ca/pdfs/GT_RE%20warranty_EN.pdf

Read these so you know what you are entitled to and then go make your claim.

And like stated if you don't have the receipt don't bother.

My Ride

So the general tire is useless since its a cut, and Canadian tire warranty only works if they installed them which none of the idiots told me about... If they did I wouldn't have bought them there . Time to talk to the manager I guess
    Hittin' every hole

2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2019 at 09:13 AM.

My Ride

Canadian tire was good to me before. I had 4 tires that during winter wore funny and ended up getting them pro rated and paid like 100 bucks for 4 new tires.

The thing that gets me is they never said I had to install them there. Actually paid more than Canadian tire charges just to have it done while I wait so I could have the truck back a couple hours later instead of 2 days. Think the service manager will help me out here? If it was an older tire I wouldn't care so much but you can still see the little tits and green/pink lines on it
    Hittin' every hole

2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Don't buy tires at Canadian Tire, Sears, Kal Tire, or Walmart.... it is a tough lesson, but your experience is pretty typical.
    If it wasn't for the fact that Kal is the only place that carried Nokian, I would've avoided them completely. The Kal on the corner of 16th and Barlow - I will NEVER EVER go back there EVER again. I think the manager's name was Stephen and he was a douche canoe and a half. I don't think he's used to dealing with people WITH KNOWLEDGE; he seemingly gets pissed off easily if he can't lie to his customers.

Quick summary of my experience with Kal:

Called them up re. some Nokians I bought in the US, and since their warranty was North America wide, wondering if they could do something for me (tires were cupped). Anyway guy on the phone was like yeah bring 'em in! So I did on Saturday and they basically said they can't look at them in saturday and cupping isn't covered and they basically refused to look at it, but I can bring it back Monday and they'll call the rep.

Monday rolls around and some back and forth, guy basically calls me a liar and that I am trying to get free tires. I was like WTF. Anyway so I said fine, just sell me a pair but I just want them "loose" (i.e. getting them installed somewhere else). He goes back, tosses them on the floor types in all in to the computer, and then goes, "Oh BTW you don't get them installed by me I won't warranty them". I am like WTF, so then I proceeded to ask, "OK well then will Nokian warranty them and how?" and he proceeds to argue WITH ME, completely dodging the question, and then accuses me of going there to pick a fight and argue with him. Then feeds me some bullshit line about how he warranties them, and not through Nokian.

Anyway I still wanted the tires so I ended up just paying them to install it and basically aside from warranty if I ever need it, will NEVER go back, ever again. I've honestly never met an employee, no, a manager, be so condescending and berate a customer like that.

I used to go to that Kal before that, but never, ever again.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride

I was on the phone with corp office and they are looking into it. The guy who didn't tell me how it works no longer works there. I told him I can see why.
    Hittin' every hole

2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

Originally posted by clem24

If it wasn't for the fact that Kal is the only place that carried Nokian, I would've avoided them completely. The Kal on the corner of 16th and Barlow - I will NEVER EVER go back there EVER again. I think the manager's name was Stephen and he was a douche canoe and a half. I don't think he's used to dealing with people WITH KNOWLEDGE; he seemingly gets pissed off easily if he can't lie to his customers.

Quick summary of my experience with Kal:

Called them up re. some Nokians I bought in the US, and since their warranty was North America wide, wondering if they could do something for me (tires were cupped). Anyway guy on the phone was like yeah bring 'em in! So I did on Saturday and they basically said they can't look at them in saturday and cupping isn't covered and they basically refused to look at it, but I can bring it back Monday and they'll call the rep.

Monday rolls around and some back and forth, guy basically calls me a liar and that I am trying to get free tires. I was like WTF. Anyway so I said fine, just sell me a pair but I just want them "loose" (i.e. getting them installed somewhere else). He goes back, tosses them on the floor types in all in to the computer, and then goes, "Oh BTW you don't get them installed by me I won't warranty them". I am like WTF, so then I proceeded to ask, "OK well then will Nokian warranty them and how?" and he proceeds to argue WITH ME, completely dodging the question, and then accuses me of going there to pick a fight and argue with him. Then feeds me some bullshit line about how he warranties them, and not through Nokian.

Anyway I still wanted the tires so I ended up just paying them to install it and basically aside from warranty if I ever need it, will NEVER go back, ever again. I've honestly never met an employee, no, a manager, be so condescending and berate a customer like that.

I used to go to that Kal before that, but never, ever again.
    sounds like a complete jerk off

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2019 at 09:12 AM.

My Ride
    Canyonero

I just wanna chime in here and agree about kal tire, never had anything but extremely poor service from them in both Calgary and Edmonton.

Will never do business with them.

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Theirs tons of bad reviews of kal tire on here and other places. Lots of complaints of them using kids fresh out of high school to do the mounting and balancing with no experience.

I bought my Nokian's from the Chinook location in 2007 i think, and it wasnt a terrible experience, but I wont go back. Nokains were phenemonal tires but their customer service isnt worth it. Ill switch to Blizzaks.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Can add me in for a bad and stupid experience at a Kal Tire..

Retards.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Most dealerships care about customer service, even if it didnt qualify for warranty they would still find a way to make things right.

A lot of small owner run tire shops are the same. It's about customer service. One bad review is terrible for business and walmart/CT don't seem to understand that.

My Ride
    Canyonero

I have also been super satisfied with the guys running the tire shop at south costco. Blake I want to say? (been two years). Really above and beyond. Downside is you need to be a costco member and they wont touch tires they haven't sold.

My Ride
    Hondas

I have also had a pretty sour experience with Kal tire as well. Specifically the one just south of 16th off barlow.

Shady fucks totally gouged me on a simple mount/balance.

My Ride

Canadian tire corp still has not returned my call to deal with this... Almost as useless as dell support :/

And kal tire charged my buddy $1800 for steel rims and tires for a VAN. Such a rip off
    Hittin' every hole

2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    z31,es2, multiple TE72

Originally posted by Boosted131
    Canadian tire corp still has not returned my call to deal with this... Almost as useless as dell support :/

And kal tire charged my buddy $1800 for steel rims and tires for a VAN. Such a rip off
    what ct store did you goto?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast