Quantcast
New Nexus Devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10) - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68
Results 1,341 to 1,357 of 1357

Thread: New Nexus Devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10)

My phone only lost 4% battery after an 8 hour sleep, with the notification light going most of that time, and reading news with it on the train this morning . I love this battery life. That would have taken my Gnex down probably 30%.

I'm also finding the antenna isn't bothering me anymore, may have just been a bad couple of days - when there are snowstorms I notice my service suffers.

My Ride
    05 Civic

My Nexus 4 is in shipment now!

The Nexus 4 comes with the stock factory images right? Anyone know whether mine will come with 4.2.1 or 4.2.2? And what is the benefit of reverting the radio to .33?

My Ride
    Grimace

Chromebooks are now available from Futureshop and Bestbuy online!

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    My phone only lost 4% battery after an 8 hour sleep, with the notification light going most of that time, and reading news with it on the train this morning . I love this battery life. That would have taken my Gnex down probably 30%.

I'm also finding the antenna isn't bothering me anymore, may have just been a bad couple of days - when there are snowstorms I notice my service suffers.
    What are you settings to get the battery life your getting?

Im finding 4.2.2 a bit better but I dont find the battery life to be that great. Maybe it's just the settings I run but I cant get more than 14-16 hours out of my phone.

Originally posted by A2VR6

What are you settings to get the battery life your getting?

Im finding 4.2.2 a bit better but I dont find the battery life to be that great. Maybe it's just the settings I run but I cant get more than 14-16 hours out of my phone.
    I don't think I have any special settings. I do close all the apps in the background pretty religiously, but I have heard that doesn't do much. I also don't let many apps send me push notifications, but email, text, etc. all comes through as normal.

Only thing I can think of specifically is I do not let Facebook notify me in any way. If you have a very active FB with notifications, that might kill it.

With light use periods I get over 2 days battery life - last screen shot I took was 2d 8h and 15% left! that is like 4 times my Gnex battery life haha. Heavy usage is still about 1-1.5 days though which is more in the normal realm.

But yeah I went to bed last night and it was 29%, woke up this morning, deleted some emails, read news on the train, and my phone was at 25% still. Then it lasted until this evening when I charged it again.

I'm on bone stock 4.2.2. still.

I don't really do anything specifically to preserve battery - I leave Wifi on, etc. If there is something you want me to check if it's on/off let me know.

My best guess is you just use your phone a bit more than I do. There are some days I send 100 texts, and others I send 10.

I would consider 14-16 hours pretty low though, if that's all you're getting, based on my experience - unless your usage is extreme. Bare minimum I get 1-1.5 days including one sleep.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-19-2013 at 11:41 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

Two phones go down in a day... FFS...

Don't suppose anyone has a nexus 4 16gb to part with?

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but its driving me crazy. I used to have a Samsung nexus before this and never had a problem.

When I have any contact with a pause (comma) to dial an extension or code or whatever after the call is connected, it NEVER works . I always hear a tone before the call is initiated and it clears off any pauses or other digits that would otherwise be dialed after. Sucks

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Dbl post

My Ride

I don't think I have any special settings. I do close all the apps in the background pretty religiously, but I have heard that doesn't do much. I also don't let many apps send me push notifications, but email, text, etc. all comes through as normal.

Only thing I can think of specifically is I do not let Facebook notify me in any way. If you have a very active FB with notifications, that might kill it.

With light use periods I get over 2 days battery life - last screen shot I took was 2d 8h and 15% left! that is like 4 times my Gnex battery life haha. Heavy usage is still about 1-1.5 days though which is more in the normal realm.

But yeah I went to bed last night and it was 29%, woke up this morning, deleted some emails, read news on the train, and my phone was at 25% still. Then it lasted until this evening when I charged it again.

I'm on bone stock 4.2.2. still.

I don't really do anything specifically to preserve battery - I leave Wifi on, etc. If there is something you want me to check if it's on/off let me know.

My best guess is you just use your phone a bit more than I do. There are some days I send 100 texts, and others I send 10.

I would consider 14-16 hours pretty low though, if that's all you're getting, based on my experience - unless your usage is extreme. Bare minimum I get 1-1.5 days including one sleep.

Hmm I think facebook might be it. Thanks for the input... when i look at my battery meter stats it shows my clock using quite a bit of battery. Do you use a particular widget for a clock?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Finally found the app "TextSwear"

Now the keyboard actually types what I tell it to type.

Makes my life so much better!

Originally posted by A2VR6

Hmm I think facebook might be it. Thanks for the input... when i look at my battery meter stats it shows my clock using quite a bit of battery. Do you use a particular widget for a clock?
    Clock doesn't even show up on my usage list, I don't think I've ever seen it on there.

I have the stock lock-screen clock, and I use a "HD Widgets" clock for my home screen.

Maybe do you have a stopwatch running you forgot to turn off or something in the clock app?

My Ride

Clock doesn't even show up on my usage list, I don't think I've ever seen it on there.

I have the stock lock-screen clock, and I use a "HD Widgets" clock for my home screen.

Maybe do you have a stopwatch running you forgot to turn off or something in the clock app?
    Just looking at it here, and im using the Sense flip clock & weather widget. It says that its using 52% of my battery... hmm maybe time to change the widget.

Haven't checked for stock of the wireless charger on Google Play for Canada in awhile but just checked and its in stock so just ordered a couple. Wonder how well they'll work. For those times I'm just too lazy to plug in the cord
    ---

My Ride
    TRD Pro

They work great, I think they charge faster then being plugged into as well. Ive had mine for a month or so now. (From the US)

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Does anyone notice their N4 gets really hot when playing a video? I downloaded an app to see what the temp was at and it read 50 C but I doubt that’s accurate...but it gets the point where the back glass can't be held comfortably.

Looking to pick up an Android tablet. What's the best device out there right now?

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

For the love of god when is the Nexus 10-2 coming.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68