Quantcast
New Nexus Devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10) - Page 53 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1357

Thread: New Nexus Devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10)

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I ordered my poetic bumper from Amazon on Jan 6th and delivery is expected Jan 22 - quite the wait!

The front & rear protectors on it from the factory are actually not intrusive as well, and you can easily leave those on until you get your other ones. I've been using mine for weeks and I don't even notice it anymore.
    Sweet, I guess that's what I'll be doing until my stuff gets here.

How did you order the Poetic bumper from Amazon? Every time I tried, it said they don't ship to Canada. Ended up ordering mine from eBay (on the 4th).

Also ordered an IQshield full body skin yesterday... I was waiting for a sale on Just Like Glass or Spigen, but that never happened, so I went with something cheaper that also reviewed decently.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

is there a difference if I get a Bell optimus G, unlock it, and flash it to i.e. a nexus rom or something else? They're readily available new for just under $400 on CL.

it does sound like stock is to be made available to retail in the coming months soon tho

Originally posted by Strider

Sweet, I guess that's what I'll be doing until my stuff gets here.

How did you order the Poetic bumper from Amazon? Every time I tried, it said they don't ship to Canada. Ended up ordering mine from eBay (on the 4th).

Also ordered an IQshield full body skin yesterday... I was waiting for a sale on Just Like Glass or Spigen, but that never happened, so I went with something cheaper that also reviewed decently.
    I ordered through Amazon from one of their resellers rather than from Amazon themselves:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...A29LLD0WGS56WE

I have a few "skin" items coming to try out, not sure what I'll use yet.

Originally posted by dragonone
    is there a difference if I get a Bell optimus G, unlock it, and flash it to i.e. a nexus rom or something else? They're readily available new for just under $400 on CL.

it does sound like stock is to be made available to retail in the coming months soon tho
    You can use the nexus rom but you are limited to 8gb of use and will not get LTE. This is in its infancy and is expected to offer full support once the devs have more time with it.

Alternatively i believe CM10.1 of the LG OG is on its way.

Looks like the Nexus 4 is going to be sold in retail channels, TMo in the states and Videotron in Canada are confirmed. I wonder if a portion of current production is being stock piled for release. I also wonder what pricing will be like.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/01/16/ne...ideotron-soon/
    ---

My Ride
    Grimace

Got my poetic bumper today, seems to be built quite well. The black portion is quite slick though, but I knew it wasn't going to be grippy like the actual bumper.

My Ride
    Integra Type R

do all micro sims have LTE?
    mine doesnt say so on the simcard like it says on the pics from fido store online
    maybe it's the reason why my 4G wont work?
    wh...?

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by jav_
    mine doesnt say so on the simcard like it says on the pics from fido store online
    Nope, not all of them have LTE. For instance the iphone 4/4S uses a microsim that doesnt have LTE. You need to purchase a specific LTE Microsim.

Originally posted by jav_
    You can buy LTE and NON-LTE micro sim's from FIDO.

The LTE ones cover everything (3G, HSPA, etc.) but you can't get LTE without the LTE one.

You can buy LTE and NON-LTE micro sim's from FIDO.

The LTE ones cover everything (3G, HSPA, etc.) but you can't get LTE without the LTE one.
    Also get either at ROBELUS

Just go to apple and ask for a micro sim. 90% of the time they don't care and just give you one.

As much as I love the Nexus's Screen, and blazing fast LTE, I miss my Iphone home button, and miss the "unread sms/email" counters. Going to Switch back to the IPhone.

Anybody interested in buying a brand new Nexus? (Google is going to swap mine because of the broken seal issue). Just sent it back, so hopefully should have the replacement in a couple of weeks. Would be willing to sell it for what I paid, so $400.

Anyone know if that sticker on the back of the N4 near the bottom with the bar code on it serves any purpose? It seems like it will peel off quite easily. Can I take that off? It's raised, and prevents the back from being perfectly flush for when I put a skin on it.

Anyone know if that sticker on the back of the N4 near the bottom with the bar code on it serves any purpose? It seems like it will peel off quite easily. Can I take that off? It's raised, and prevents the back from being perfectly flush for when I put a skin on it.
    It is to come off with the plastic shipping cover

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
    As much as I love the Nexus's Screen, and blazing fast LTE, I miss my Iphone home button, and miss the "unread sms/email" counters. Going to Switch back to the IPhone.

Anybody interested in buying a brand new Nexus? (Google is going to swap mine because of the broken seal issue). Just sent it back, so hopefully should have the replacement in a couple of weeks. Would be willing to sell it for what I paid, so $400.
    go launcher apparently has this

Originally posted by icky2unk
    Just go to apple and ask for a micro sim. 90% of the time they don't care and just give you one.
    That's what I did 2 weeks ago but the micro Sims from Apple are not lte enabled because the iPhone 4 is not lte compatible.

Originally posted by silvercivicsir

PMd

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Lots of rumours about more Nexus 4's being released in February and also Nexus 5 possibly being released in May.

Crazy.

I was all about defending google before, but now I must concede that their whole communication and marketing of these devices has been terrible.

I doubt they will even have a steady supply of N4's by May, let alone a N5. I will be extremely surprised if they announce anything more than that they are working on a N5 by May, but who knows I guess!

They are so cheap now I don't really care, I will upgrade every time one comes out anyway haha.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I doubt they will even have a steady supply of N4's by May, let alone a N5. I will be extremely surprised if they announce anything more than that they are working on a N5 by May, but who knows I guess!

They are so cheap now I don't really care, I will upgrade every time one comes out anyway haha.
    Rumour is they stopped producing the N4 and instead have been just working on production of the N5, which will list at the same price as the N4.

Once again...all just rumours and I don't particularly believe them either, but the only reason the rumours exist is because Google has done such a shitty job of communicating...

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast