Quantcast
How to raise perfect special snowflakes - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How to raise perfect special snowflakes

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Speedog just ignore this idiot, he isn't worth your energy.

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Speedog just ignore this idiot, he isn't worth your energy.

So what would you guys consider yourself according to the referenced study?

hint- if you say anything other than 'moderate' or 'heavy' you satisfy my suspicion that you don't know what you're upset about.

This thread has many lolz and many WTFs...Brad you are being a little (lot) myopic in your perception of good parenting IMO.

Benyl, you have no right to say those without parents are in no position to judge people's parenting. We most CERTAINLY are since our beliefs and morals will undoubtably be instilled in the children we will have in the future. It's not like you have some big HOLY SHIT I WAS WRONG moment and totally abandon your instincts and morals. If you did, they were paltry at best to begin with.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Benyl, you have no right to say those without parents are in no position to judge people's parenting. We most CERTAINLY are since our beliefs and morals will undoubtably be instilled in the children we will have in the future. It's not like you have some big HOLY SHIT I WAS WRONG moment and totally abandon your instincts and morals. If you did, they were paltry at best to begin with.
    You would be surprised. Things look A LOT more different from this side of the table than I would have ever imagined. That's why we're saying "don't judge until you've been there".
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

You would be surprised. Things look A LOT more different from this side of the table than I would have ever imagined. That's why we're saying "don't judge until you've been there".

+1000000

when i didnt have kids, i always said i was gonna do this and that or i wasnt gonna do this and that for some reason or another and now, im totally ass backwards on what i thought parenting was.

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

Sorry but all this bs about how it's out of respect to even ask to drink pop... are you seriously mad man

keep slapping that whip, your kid's going to rebel sooner than later, I was brought up without all this non sense you condone, my parents gave me the freedom to make my own choices, and learn from my mistakes, and I to was a straight a student, wait 1-2 years, you will see, I remember the crap that happened those days, to be fair it was not like sniffing caffeine and eph cause that's literally retarded but other things. She will start resenting you as parents when she starts maturing and seeing how her friends parents treat them... jus saying

My Ride
    M5 Competition

It's comical how many people have an opinion even after I've described the success we have had and how mature and well behaved our daughter is. Such strong opinions from the young single people, I know 90% of the parents on here are chuckling.

Carry on, LOL. I'm quite entertained, haha.

My parents helped dictate what I did when I went to school. They didn't control me, but since they were helping to pay the balance of my schooling that I couldn't pay off with my summer work. Their money so they had a say.

They didn't really care as long as it was a practical degree. If I wanted to major in comparative religious studies it was my choice, but I wouldn't get their money.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Having a well behaved 14 year old isn't success. Raising someone who's a happy, contributing member to society after they leave your control is success.

I'm chuckling at you Coupe, for thinking you have attained parenting perfection.

Originally posted by blitz
    Having a well behaved 14 year old isn't success. Raising someone who's a happy, contributing member to society after they leave your control is success.
    Who said anything about his daughter ever leaving his control?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by blitz

I'm chuckling at you Coupe, for thinking you have attained parenting perfection.
    Of course it's success, and she's a very happy 14 year old who is extremely articulate, polite, intelligent, kind, and overall an amazing person.

What else could a parent hope for?

I'm quite confident she will continue on her current route and become a very successful person in life.

You can chuckle all you want.

Originally posted by 89coupe

Of course it's success, and she's a very happy 14 year old who is extremely articulate, polite, intelligent, kind, and overall an amazing person.

What else could a parent hope for?

I'm quite confident she will continue on her current route and become a very successful person in life.

You can chuckle all you want.
    it's very clear that you think your baby is the cutest, but everyone thinks that about their own children. i'm sure your daughter will turn out just fine, like most kids do. i think what most people are reacting to here isn't your parenting skills, but rather your belief that you're perfect and better than everyone else. what kind of guy would come on the internet and brag about what a good parent he is, based on how cute his baby is? i hope for your sake that you're just a troll, and that you don't even have a wife or a daughter.

Brad, ever stop to think that it's not all you and your wife? Ever think that your daughter may be good on her own will?

Stop taking so much credit...great people have come from shitty homes, you aren't special.

As for things being different, I am sure that's true to SOME extent but mature, intelligent people can have smart opinions about the way to raise kids even if they don't have them.

Choosing a kid's major? LOL that says nothing about trusting your perfect little brain child. It says you lack confidence in your parenting so much so that you STILL fear that your kid will turn out shitty, can of coke or not.

Whatever though...."OMGZORS, GREAT JOB ON CREATING SUCH A PERFECT CHILD, IT'S ALL YOU MAN!!!"

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by FixedGear

it's very clear that you think your baby is the cutest, but everyone thinks that about their own children. i'm sure your daughter will turn out just fine, like most kids do. i think what most people are reacting to here isn't your parenting skills, but rather your belief that you're perfect and better than everyone else. what kind of guy would come on the internet and brag about what a good parent he is, based on how cute his baby is? i hope for your sake that you're just a troll, and that you don't even have a wife or a daughter.

LOL, I didn't even start this thread, one of the young moderators on this site took the liberty of doing that.

Then a number of other young members started in on a single post I made and snowballed it, at that point I decided to have fun.

I laugh my ass off at the rediculous comments hahaha.

I am a real person with a daughter and a son, and a Wife.

LOL

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Brad, ever stop to think that it's not all you and your wife? Ever think that your daughter may be good on her own will?

Stop taking so much credit...great people have come from shitty homes, you aren't special.

As for things being different, I am sure that's true to SOME extent but mature, intelligent people can have smart opinions about the way to raise kids even if they don't have them.

Choosing a kid's major? LOL that says nothing about trusting your perfect little brain child. It says you lack confidence in your parenting so much so that you STILL fear that your kid will turn out shitty, can of coke or not.

Whatever though...."OMGZORS, GREAT JOB ON CREATING SUCH A PERFECT CHILD, IT'S ALL YOU MAN!!!"
    Save your breath, he won't bother responding.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I think you need to read before commenting, didn't your parents teach you that? LOL

Choosing a kids major? HUH? LOL

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

One question to all the parents with kids over the age of 14...

Were they the exact same kids during/after puberty, that they were before?

Didn't think so.

Carry on, and have fun in the next few years 89coupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Were they the exact same kids during/after puberty, that they were before?

Carry on, and have fun in the next few years 89coupe.
    Seriously? What a stupid question.

Of course the child will continue to mature, but if set values and morals are in place they will continue on that same route.

There will always be exceptions but that's life. Some people just get the short end of the stick.

My Ride
    Accord

Originally posted by ercchry

i read it, not too sure why he removed it
    A little bit more personal info than I wanted to have floating around the internet in case future potential employers google me haha. Principle was simply this: I was a respectful kid due to "good upbringing" (I don't judge my parents methods for a second, they did what they thought was best), but the moment I didn't have to face my parents the morning after my decisions, I went overboard. So don't assume that just cause your kids are respectful and well behaved today, they will remain that way after they get out from your bubble. They might just make up for lost time.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast