Quantcast
Next Mustang? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Next Mustang?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by effingidiot
    obvious source of inspiration:

No 4 cylinder engine options = flop in Europe.
    You're kidding right?

Originally posted by heavyD

You're kidding right?
    Why? Production model will look a lot more like the Accord than the concept. And it makes sense: domestic executives are starting to realize that people who still remember when their cars were great are quickly dying out because of that thing called "age", and Gen Y associates domestic cars with things like "urine-soaked interiors", "old", "unreliable", "Mexico", etc. As a result, the executives look at cars that sell well and try to model their own cars based on industry-leading vehicles. It's been done with the ATS (GM's interpretation of the 3-series) and Volt (GM's interpretation of the Prius). Now Ford executives see that vehicles like Honda Accord Coupe, Nissan Altima Coupe and Infiniti G37 are being bought by a much younger crowd than the current gen Mustang. Their reaction? Try and model the next gen Mustang so that it looks somewhat like the Accord, Altima and G37 Simple demographics.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

obvious source of inspiration:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

People said the same thing about the C63 BS when the first pics of it came out. Now that it's out in production it doesn't look that similar at all. Doesn't really bug me either. I think the Accord coupe with a v6 is a nice car.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I hope this makes Nissan step up their offering on the new Z35. So excited, no leaks whatsoever about it. Papa wants a new sports car!

My Ride
    I like. :)

Looks pretty awesome. Maybe a little curvier and Jaguar-ish, than I'd like to see... but I wouldn't say no.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Anybody know what MY they're planning to release this iteration?

I just saw spyshots of the 2015MY and it's definitely not curvy.

My Ride

Originally posted by flipstah

I just saw spyshots of the 2015MY and it's definitely not curvy.
    There are no 2015 Mustang Spyshots of the actual body.
    Just a prototype of the new mustang using the current body, testing out the independent rear suspension.

Hopefully the new mustang comes out as a 2014.5 MY because then it would actually be 50 years.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Disoblige

There are no 2015 Mustang Spyshots of the actual body.
    Just a prototype of the new mustang using the current body, testing out the independent rear suspension.

Hopefully the new mustang comes out as a 2014.5 MY because then it would actually be 50 years.
    Oh okay, cool. Good to know!

But looks like the V8 will love on in this MY.

My Ride

Why? Production model will look a lot more like the Accord than the concept. And it makes sense: domestic executives are starting to realize that people who still remember when their cars were great are quickly dying out because of that thing called "age", and Gen Y associates domestic cars with things like "urine-soaked interiors", "old", "unreliable", "Mexico", etc. As a result, the executives look at cars that sell well and try to model their own cars based on industry-leading vehicles. It's been done with the ATS (GM's interpretation of the 3-series) and Volt (GM's interpretation of the Prius). Now Ford executives see that vehicles like Honda Accord Coupe, Nissan Altima Coupe and Infiniti G37 are being bought by a much younger crowd than the current gen Mustang. Their reaction? Try and model the next gen Mustang so that it looks somewhat like the Accord, Altima and G37 Simple demographics.
    Average age of Accord owner: 50
    Average age of Mustang owner: 50

I'd also be willing to bet, if Honda released Accord Coupe sales data (they lump sedan and coupe numbers together) Mustang sales are higher than Accord Coupe sales. That, and who the fuck cross shops an accord coupe and mustang?

Ok so with the way the new Fusion looks, this car can easily be a reality. IMO that rendering is actually based off a Vantage, not likely a ford drawing.

2013 Fusion: Saw it in real life and it looks GREAT!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I hope this makes Nissan step up their offering on the new Z35. So excited, no leaks whatsoever about it. Papa wants a new sports car!
    They ruin it with the VQ37 IMO.

Don't forget this is the first Mustang that will be sold around the world. Potential buyers in Europe, etc care nothing about the current traits and for the car to be successful worldwide it will need to appeal to modern tastes. As I said before people have seen prototypes and it looks like the rendering so I have no doubt they can pull off the car as presented by C&D.
    I don't get this. Why make it a world car when only North Americans love coupes (sales volume wise)
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-13-2012 at 03:48 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Xtrema
    I don't get this. Why make it a world car when only North Americans love coupes (sales volume wise)
    No idea but I expect Ford has done enough marketing to determine that there is a worldwide market for it. Time will tell I guess.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by sputnik
    Looks terrible IMO.
    We are clearly in the minority but I'd have to agree.

I think it looks incredibly ugly actually and takes away the whole essence of what Mustang is supposed to be!

Why does every new car have to have some kind of pissed off Darth Vader face nowadays...

The new Focus is the absolute worst, at least the Evo has performance to back up the look.

I like the look of this car except for the front end. As far as styling goes my favourite Mustang is the old one before the current gen, like '02

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by slinkie
    Why does every new car have to have some kind of pissed off Darth Vader face nowadays...
    LOL, that is good!! Personally, I liked the early 90's style the best over the edge styling.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride

Spyshot of the 2015 Mustang front end. Rest of the mustang unchanged on this tester vehicle.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...tang-spy-shots

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Don't forget this is the first Mustang that will be sold around the world. Potential buyers in Europe, etc care nothing about the current traits and for the car to be successful worldwide it will need to appeal to modern tastes. As I said before people have seen prototypes and it looks like the rendering so I have no doubt they can pull off the car as presented by C&D.
    This is hinting at a good point. In europe, pushrods and solid axles are laughed at. The muscle cars are not popular there with many, and this could extend their reach considerably. It's all about money, but most mustang guys won't like the departure at all. One friend said he couldn't even look at that pic...Probably why I like it so much!

That pic above with the oversized cover-up bra is starting to look like a charger too much though.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

lol. Wifey says "Looks like a tiburon"

nice enough car, but not for me.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4