Quantcast
Country Hills State Farm is a joke - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Country Hills State Farm is a joke

Default Country Hills State Farm is a joke

So I recently upgraded my bike at the beginning of the season and get a quote from one of their agents Aman Sabarwhal, whom quotes me $63. Now I've been with them for 2 years without much issue now so I assume he is a man of his word...

Long story short I was away for about 3 months and come back to find that the rates jumped to $153 a month and he is unable to reimburse me since they found tickets I had 3 years ago and decide to hike up the rates to make up for the deficit that I "owed" them, instead of raising the rate from then on since it was their mistake in the first place. /Endrant

Definitely would not recommend this agent to anyone, especially seeing how I referred 4 friends to them and this is what I get in return.

So.... can anyone recommend me a REPUTABLE insurance company that would insure an 05 gsxr 1000?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

Your lucky they didn't just drop you. It's your legal responsibility to disclose all your tickets and if any insurance company finds out you had tickets that you didn't disclose, they can back charge you or even just totally cancel your policy.

100% your fault.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

wait, you have a gixxer insured through a company that isnt nordic AND you get to pay monthly?! and you are complaining because you got charged for something you should have been charged for?!

My Ride
    changes every year

^^i thought no one else was thinking the same thing. shutup and take it, youre lucky.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Re: Country Hills State Farm is a joke

Originally posted by 4AGE
    So I recently upgraded my bike at the beginning of the season and get a quote from one of their agents Aman Sabarwhal, whom quotes me $63. Now I've been with them for 2 years without much issue now so I assume he is a man of his word...

Long story short I was away for about 3 months and come back to find that the rates jumped to $153 a month and he is unable to reimburse me since they found tickets I had 3 years ago and decide to hike up the rates to make up for the deficit that I "owed" them, instead of raising the rate from then on since it was their mistake in the first place. /Endrant

Definitely would not recommend this agent to anyone, especially seeing how I referred 4 friends to them and this is what I get in return.

So.... can anyone recommend me a REPUTABLE insurance company that would insure an 05 gsxr 1000?
    I want to make sure I have the facts straight before I say anything else.

You started a policy on a Gixxer1K. You received a price of ~$63 a month based on having no tickets whatsoever in the past three years. Then you find out later that the policy was issued at a different price because they "found some tickets" from three years ago. Now here is the important part. Tickets from OVER three years ago don't count. It doesn't matter how many you had. Anything within the past three years does count. So how many tickets did they say you had?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by NewLextasy
    Your lucky they didn't just drop you. It's your legal responsibility to disclose all your tickets and if any insurance company finds out you had tickets that you didn't disclose, they can back charge you or even just totally cancel your policy.

100% your fault.
    I told them about the tickets when I was first insured through them ~2.5 years ago with the first bike I went through them with which was a gsxr 600, I assumed that they were still aware of the tickets I acquired through the previous policy. They then insured my new bike and then forgot to account for the tickets I believe, and proceeded to anal rape me by hiking up the rates for about 3 months then dropping them back down to what they are suppose to be...

Default Re: Re: Country Hills State Farm is a joke

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

I want to make sure I have the facts straight before I say anything else.

You started a policy on a Gixxer1K. You received a price of ~$63 a month based on having no tickets whatsoever in the past three years. Then you find out later that the policy was issued at a different price because they "found some tickets" from three years ago. Now here is the important part. Tickets from OVER three years ago don't count. It doesn't matter how many you had. Anything within the past three years does count. So how many tickets did they say you had?
    I am pretty sure I told them about the tickets when I insured my first bike with them ~2-3 yrs ago since they were fairly recent then. They then forgot to account for them through the 2nd policy and raped me for 3 months while I was out of town.

And that is also what I thought... They said I had one ticket in 09' and one in '10 so just about 3 years. However I don't recall getting a ticket in '10?
    Last edited by 4AGE; 11-09-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Originally posted by ercchry
    wait, you have a gixxer insured through a company that isnt nordic AND you get to pay monthly?! and you are complaining because you got charged for something you should have been charged for?!
    I have no issues paying for something I should have paid, what is frustrating is how they decide to hike the prices up without attempting to notify me to authorize it via phone or email. Instead they simply sent the bill at the end of the month so I would have no choice but to pay for it. If I had known it was going to cost more than my car insurance I would have easily cancelled it and went through someone else.

At this point i'm so fed up with state farm that I will NEVER go through them again. They previously billed me 2x the amount for a month and never got back to me. It seems every season there is at least ONE headache they cause me.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Can't you still cancel it? You're only paying one month's worth of the hike right?

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Can't you still cancel it? You're only paying one month's worth of the hike right?
    Negative, like I said I was away for 3 months (the months that they hiked it up to make up for when I was paying the lower rate), and I was already billed for them. I was still paying a higher rate then he quoted when I realized it, which was $80 a month. By the time I cancelled it, it was already too late.

My Ride
    02 RSX

Hmm, to his defense, if you are a long term customer, and they don’t pull your record every renewal, I do not think it fair for them to "hike up the rates to make up for the deficit", since he can just go to a different company and get a better rate right away. Its thier job to check every year if he got any tickets, not his to tell them.

My Ride

Originally posted by Russo
    Hmm, to his defense, if you are a long term customer, and they don’t pull your record every renewal, I do not think it fair for them to "hike up the rates to make up for the deficit", since he can just go to a different company and get a better rate right away. Its thier job to check every year if he got any tickets, not his to tell them.
    If I've read everything correctly the policy on the Gixxer 1000 is a brand new policy, not a continuation of the prior Gixxer 600. In which case each time a new policy is started there will be a fresh abstract pulled. If these tickets were on the OP's policy last time around and they are in fact the same tickets (not fresh ones) then the State Farm agent should have had that information on file. With that said, mistakes happen and when the policy was issued at a higher rate than quoted the agent should have made contact with the client to review and decide what to do at that point (cancel or live with it). The problem here is that if the OP was not available to be contacted for three months there is no way the agent could have reached him. My question would be who insures a summer toy at the start of the season and proceeds to leave town for three months? That doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess it's not impossible.

My Ride
    02 RSX

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

If I've read everything correctly the policy on the Gixxer 1000 is a brand new policy, not a continuation of the prior Gixxer 600. In which case each time a new policy is started there will be a fresh abstract pulled. If these tickets were on the OP's policy last time around and they are in fact the same tickets (not fresh ones) then the State Farm agent should have had that information on file. With that said, mistakes happen and when the policy was issued at a higher rate than quoted the agent should have made contact with the client to review and decide what to do at that point (cancel or live with it). The problem here is that if the OP was not available to be contacted for three months there is no way the agent could have reached him. My question would be who insures a summer toy at the start of the season and proceeds to leave town for three months? That doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess it's not impossible.
    If that’s the case, I agree with you.

But just for my knowledge, the insurance company is responsible to pull the insurance info on renewals right?

My Ride
    Accord

Dude, you have tickets applicable to the policy. That's all there is to it, so pay what you owe. I've been with state farm for 8 years and have had nothing but the absolute best in service.

Wrote off my bike by crashing into buddy: My claim came in by end of that same month, buddy's didn't come until 3-4 months later

Two bikes stolen from my property: Filed report, waited required "recovery" period, cheque in my mailbox less than a week after that was up.

Hail claim: car inspected that same week, cut me a cheque right there

And after all that, I still have better rates than any of the other 3 companies I looked into this past summer (including work benefits discount at 2 of them - RBC and Johnson). And my agent's from medicine hat, where none of these incidents occured at.

I left Statefarm because of Aman Sabharwal and his team. They barely speak a lick of English, and by that I mean one of his employees could not even get my address right. over the telephone.

I asked for different insurance products, he didn't call me back and made excuses, just horrible customer service. I had one car with them at the time.

I was changed to this rep because mine had left the company and closed her location down. She was great.

I left statefarm to go to TD Meloche Monnex.

My Ride
    Is orange - and going to rack up my demerits

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    I left Statefarm because of Aman Sabharwal and his team. They barely speak a lick of English, and by that I mean one of his employees could not even get my address right. over the telephone.

I asked for different insurance products, he didn't call me back and made excuses, just horrible customer service. I had one car with them at the time.

I was changed to this rep because mine had left the company and closed her location down. She was great.

I left statefarm to go to TD Meloche Monnex.

I don't know when you were dealing with them but I have been with Aman for years and never had any communication problems with him or any of his staff.

Over the years I have had between 6 and 12 vehicles insured at a time, constantly adding and deleting vehicles from the policy and have had nothing but professionalism and prompt response throughout.

One time I had a truck that I forgot to delete from the policy after selling it. Once I realized I called Aman to remove it, mentioning that I had sold the truck about 4 months prior. He told me to send him a copy of the bill of sale and he would credit me back the premiums since the sale date. I emailed a copy over and it was that easy.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aman to anyone and have to many already.
    Originally posted by mugensix
    im @ pizza hut here in medicine hat gettin some munchies, and i accidentally take some dudes food.. anyways i get called(did pickup so wen i foned in they musta had the #) and i had to fuckin return it, what a fuckin embarrassment lol, a buncha hotties wrkin 2.
    Originally posted by swak

Your post is a bigger embarrassment than that bro.
    Originally posted by mugensix
    Im sorry, because you must be a fucking immature moron with time to kill hey? go fucking die in a corner. Typical uneducated retard...

My Ride

Originally posted by Russo

If that’s the case, I agree with you.

But just for my knowledge, the insurance company is responsible to pull the insurance info on renewals right?
    Yes, the insurance company (not broker) may or may not pull a fresh abstract on you at renewal time. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I am wondering if the OP when he goes to another insurer, he is going to find himself somewhat blackballed? The next insurer is going to discover the previous "withheld full disclosure on tickets" and stamp his account as risky and really crank up the fees. Is this possible? Is information shared among this group?

100% agree, the guys a fuckin joke. I don't understand how last year I had 2 cars on my insurance and it was a total of 180 bucks a month, then I tried to do that this year and he said "No we don't do that it's going to be $250" No tickets or accidents but the guy who originally set me up was at the Bennington location and not that clown. "We can't match that rate" bullshit. I have to watch my monthly statements like a hawk from this guy I've been over billed and over charged so many times. I think it's time to switch company's for me as-well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast