Quantcast
Israel has mobilized the military. - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 209

Thread: Israel has mobilized the military.

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Here
    My Ride
    is wild
    Posts
    1,111
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    .

    Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

    Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    C/AB
    My Ride
    AP1 / CRV
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Israel army leaflet warns Gazans to leave homes


    Israel army leaflet warns Gazans to leave homes
    November 20, 2012 04:12 PM
    Israeli soldiers wearing "Talit" (prayer shawls) conduct morning prayers at an Israeli army deployment area near the Israel-Gaza Strip border on November 20, 2012. AFP PHOTO/MENAHEM KAHANA


    GAZA CITY: Israel's air force dropped leaflets across Gaza City on Tuesday urging people to evacuate their homes "immediately" amid fears the military was poised to launch a ground operation.

    "For your own safety, you are required to immediately evacuate your homes and move toward Gaza City centre," the Arabic-language leaflet said, specifying certain roads that should be used.

    Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#ixzz2CnCPhncZ
    (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thats the opposite of what the BBC are saying...

    Truce imminent.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20413625

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    C/AB
    My Ride
    AP1 / CRV
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by dj_patm
    Thats the opposite of what the BBC are saying...

    Truce imminent.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20413625
    Definitely a more optimistic perspective and nothing officially confirmed to support this, but if a truce/cease fire is imminent why go to the bother of printing and air dropping leaflets... seems strange. Time will tell I guess. Hope the BBC is right.

    http://blogs.aljazeera.com/topic/gaz...raeli-military

    Translation:

    Military Announcement

    To the residents of Sheikh Ijleen, Tal al Hawa, Remal al-Janoub, Zeitoun neighbourhood, Shoujaiyat al-Tourkman, Shoujaiyat al-Jadida:

    The Israeli military is not targeting any of you and does not want to hurt you or members of your family.

    For your own safety, you are requested to evacuate your houses right away and to move towards Gaza city through Cairo Road, Arab League Road, al-Aqsa Road, al-Qadisiya Road, Em el Leymoun, Salaheddine, al-Mansoura, Khalas, Baghdad.

    The deployment in Gaza city is limited in the west of Salah al-Din Road, north of Omar al Moukhtar Road, East of Nasr Road, and south of al-Qods Road.

    This confrontation is temporary and once it ends everyone will go home.

    Obeying the orders of the Israeli military will result in you, civilian residents, not being hurt

    The Israeli Defence Army Leadership

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,942
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    An excellent article. Outlines how there were attacks made by Israel on Gaza the last couple months which is what started all this and the grand exaggeration used by Israel sympathizers.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...end-themselves


    Also, I found it interesting no one brought up the use of social media (twitter, tumblr, facebook) as propaganda channels by the IDF and its senior officials, often essentially bragging about bombing Gaza.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

  6. #126
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    This picture puts to rest that tired piece of Israeli propaganda that "The Israeli military does not target civilians".

    When you're dropping 1 ton bombs, you don't need to target shit - Just let 'er fly.

    Anyone who gets hurt was probably a terrorist anyways.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So hide amongst civilian population = win?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    oooo
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    The difference is that Israel doesn't really care if they kill civilians. They target areas they believe that fighters are in and if there are civilians too bad. They don't have the "restrictions" that US/Can/UK have. If someone runs into a school or mosque we call it off, Israel will just blow up the school.

    However, Hamas tries to kill civilians. Live Leak is full of videos of completely fucked up shit they are doing including one where they are dragging a guy behind a motorcycle down the streets or they execute people in the streets.

    Hamas are like savages with primitive weapons attacking vunerable targets (civilians) because that is really all they can do. Israel on the other hand could be more careful, but really why do they care. It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it other then say "please don't do that anymore its not nice".
    Last edited by sillysod; 11-20-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Israel has built up a fairly decent defensive capacity. Missle defense shields, anti-aircraft, surveillance, and outposts.

    Hamas is definitely more "naked Conan the Destroyer with a big two handed sword" Absolutely no thought has been put toward defending innocents on "their side" In fact anyone who is a Palestinian will probably be used as a meat shield.

    Must be some sort of Stockholm syndrome for Palestinians, because without doubt Hamas would definitely not spend a dollar to put a flak jacket or a loaf of bread into the mouth a civilian, instead spending billions on 30,000 Ballistic offensive only missles.

    Japan tends to fight that way, 99% offense and nearly no defense. Put all your strength into the fist and none into the block or dodge... Japan has lost far more battles then they have ever won.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-20-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Fly me to the moon.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by Nitro5
    So hide amongst civilian population = win?


    http://rt.com/news/un-hamas-idf-video-166/

    No but killing innocent people just to get to the militants doesn't equal a win either. People here in the west need to understand that blindly taking Israels side just because they are our allies isn't the humane thing to do. The only side that should be taken is that of a peaceful one.

    Flattening Palestine is only going to cause more instability in that region and around the world.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    93 integra
    Posts
    2,160
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally posted by HuMz




    http://rt.com/news/un-hamas-idf-video-166/

    No but killing innocent people just to get to the militants doesn't equal a win either. People here in the west need to understand that blindly taking Israels side just because they are our allies isn't the humane thing to do. The only side that should be taken is that of a peaceful one.

    Flattening Palestine is only going to cause more instability in that region and around the world.
    4

    very well said.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tdot n CT
    My Ride
    15,000 red line
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by sillysod
    The difference is that Israel doesn't really care if they kill civilians. They target areas they believe that fighters are in and if there are civilians too bad. They don't have the "restrictions" that US/Can/UK have. If someone runs into a school or mosque we call it off, Israel will just blow up the school.

    However, Hamas tries to kill civilians. Live Leak is full of videos of completely fucked up shit they are doing including one where they are dragging a guy behind a motorcycle down the streets or they execute people in the streets.

    Hamas are like savages with primitive weapons attacking vunerable targets (civilians) because that is really all they can do. Israel on the other hand could be more careful, but really why do they care. It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it other then say "please don't do that anymore its not nice".
    Please tell me how you came to your conclusion for both sides and their civil vs. savage like killing sprees?
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Let's face reality here, without these ethnic buffers (malls, stores, ethnic contractors, etc...) society just can't handle cultral integration. You don't believe me? How would you feel like if your teenaged caucasian daughter came home dating an Asian boy? (come on be honest) Or would you rather the Azn boy hang out at an Asian mall picking up his "own kind"?

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Israel has built up a fairly decent defensive capacity. Missle defense shields, anti-aircraft, surveillance, and outposts.

    Hamas is definitely more "naked Conan the Destroyer with a big two handed sword" Absolutely no thought has been put toward defending innocents on "their side" In fact anyone who is a Palestinian will probably be used as a meat shield.

    Must be some sort of Stockholm syndrome for Palestinians, because without doubt Hamas would definitely not spend a dollar to put a flak jacket or a loaf of bread into the mouth a civilian, instead spending billions on 30,000 Ballistic offensive only missles.

    Japan tends to fight that way, 99% offense and nearly no defense. Put all your strength into the fist and none into the block or dodge... Japan has lost far more battles then they have ever won.
    WHAT DID YOU DO WITH ZENOPS??!

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L BOOST!
    Posts
    4,116
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    i honestly don't give a shit anymore.
    Both sides are equally fucking stupid, barbaric, propoganda spreading, murderous assholes.

    I say give every man, woman, and child over there a gun, RPG, or whatever, and just have at 'er.

    My patience and sympathy are long gone, and I am just tired of the bullshit.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    AB/NS
    Posts
    3,292
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Its great how they show the destruction in the streets and its just everyone out checking it out.. Kids, women.. old people.. As rockets continue to land near by

    WTF..

    I'd be in my basement.. No wait.. I would have left years ago.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    oooo
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by ragu


    Please tell me how you came to your conclusion for both sides and their civil vs. savage like killing sprees?
    I take no sides in this disgusting war. You have a group of poor oppressed people being ruled by crazed leaders (which they elected)that manipulate Islam to their favor.

    You do not see this in a civilized country. vvv This is from today BTW.

    Hamas execution of 6 men, draged in the streets of gaza




    Masked gunmen publicly shot dead six suspected collaborators with Israel in a large Gaza City intersection Tuesday, witnesses said. An Associated Press reporter saw a large mob surrounding five of the bloodied corpses shortly after the killing.
    NSFW link

    NSFW link

    Israel does not care about non-jewish casualties, they simply attack wherever they think their "enemy" might be. If anyone thinks that they are doing a "no holds barred attack" you are crazy. They aren't trying to wipe out the Palestinians (I really don't think they care one way or another), they are just indiscriminately attacking sites they think may have fighters.


    Originally posted by Supa Dexta

    I'd be in my basement.. No wait.. I would have left years ago.
    Not if you're a Palestinian. You're pretty much fucked. Neither the Arabs or Jews want you. Might as well be a Kurd in Iraq 20 years ago.
    Last edited by sillysod; 11-20-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Albertastan
    Posts
    5,218
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    .
    Last edited by Cos; 12-31-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

    Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,170
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Its great how they show the destruction in the streets and its just everyone out checking it out.. Kids, women.. old people.. As rockets continue to land near by

    WTF..

    I'd be in my basement.. No wait.. I would have left years ago.
    That's how it is in Yemen. If there is a car accident or shooting or anything there will be a crowd of hundreds within minutes. That's what happens when 40% of your population is unemployed and an even greater portion is uneducated.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    oooo
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    And in Asia not a single person stops to look.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    GMT900
    Posts
    2,661
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Watching the news and just hearing about this in different places, it seems that people are more and more fed up with Israel's shit this time around.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. has anyone seen the 'military' style truck in calgary

    By djrocketodd in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 10-18-2010, 03:36 PM
  2. Israel Ambassador says Israel to attack Iran within a month

    By black13 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 47
    Latest Threads: 02-03-2009, 12:32 PM
  3. military quickie

    By cycosis in forum Photoshop Gallery
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 03-19-2004, 08:14 PM
  4. Military operation involving an 03 Cobra?

    By Gripenfelter in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 03-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  5. United States Military Issue Body Armor

    By Ben in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 06-30-2003, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •