Quantcast
Raw Denim Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Denim Thread

Default Raw Denim Thread

The purpose of this thread is to discuss all types of raw denim topics.

What are some of your favorite brands, post pics of your fading, tips on how to repair rips/holes/blowouts, and other miscellaneous topics.

I know there are a few threads on denim already, but this is strictly for raw denim.

I'll start:

I've owned 5 pairs of raw denim: 3 nudies, 2 naked & famous.
    My first pair of nudies were the slim jim dry broken twill, worn 1 year before first wash (pics will be posted soon). I rarely wear these anymore because they have worn really thin, there is a hole in the back pocket that I still need to get fixed, and the crotch blowout needs a better repair job.

My second pair of nudies haven't been washed yet, been worn about 6 months, but I had a crotch blowout that I haven't gotten around to repairing.

Third pair of nudies were the first selvege nudies I bought, and I'm currently about 1 month into wear.

First N&F has about 1 year of wear, no washes yet, and a hole forming in the crotch.

I've been reading this forum RAWR Denim and I came across this post showing a guy repairing holes and blowouts using the "darning" method

Does anyone know if there's a place in calgary that does this? It looks like they use a special sewing machine to do it.

My newest pair of raw denim are the N&F Left Hand Twill in Weird Guy cut. They are super stiff and I've only worn them for about a week. I'm really excited on how this one will wear.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Had a few, they never really turned out epic or anything. They're just trendy is all.
    Nudie x2
    Naked and Famous
    Honestly. I like a thicker denim and it feels great pre wash, but post wash the denim goes very soft and it's almost not even nice to wear it.

Currently own 7 pairs of Nudie Jeans ranging from:

-Slim Jim x1
    -Thin Finn x2
    -Grim Tim x4

I'm not really after the fading, etc. I just like the way they fit on me. I have to agree with Van though, post wash the denim doesn't feel as great as pre wash and that's usually when I end up buying another pair.

How do you guys like the N&F? I've been thinking of picking up a pair lately.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Nicee Raw Denim Thread!!

Love my raws, i have a range from Skinnies to baggie raws also.

1x Nudie Black Slim Jims
    1x Nudie Organic Blue Grim Tims
    1x Evisu RAW Classic Fit with hand painted white seagulls
    1x Levis x Fenom Black 360 Fit Summer Denim
    1x Levis x Fenom Blue 360 Fit Summer Denim
    1x Dior Homme Raw made in japan, non selvage

I'll try to get some photos up. The Diors are my newest and my dailies so their are not quite as worn in. Nudies are probably the most worn in, the Levi's have gone soft, and the Evisu's are ridiculously thick and they are baggy, so the fades are not that nice.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Levi's hand and sewn (blue label). It was a very unique finish, I was suggested to actaully treat them more like dress pants; ie dry clean them

Prada black label. Just got them, can't say much other than they are super comfy.
    Submaker.Illest.

Always wanted a pair of PBJ and samurai's, but not really into it right now

APC petit standard (I think)

Dior MIJ by Hedi Slimane 19cm (I think, maybe 17)
    regret not getting indigo

Last edited by know1edge; 11-17-2012 at 06:00 PM.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

/\ damn those are some awesome fades on those APC's.

But besides the hole in the heel in ur diors, how are you getting holes elsewhere?? You beat the crap out of your jeans lol, the diors are pretty strong denim, i can see blowing out the crotch in the nudies, but im not even coming close to fading the crotch out on my diors

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
    Levi's hand and sewn (blue label). It was a very unique finish, I was suggested to actaully treat them more like dress pants; ie dry clean them

Prada black label. Just got them, can't say much other than they are super comfy.
    How are those prada black labels and where did you pick them up? are they just the standard prada jeans, with the black denim but heavy wax?? Does it have the plastic/metal prada triangle on the back pocket or the black leather patch??

maybe a noob question, but the crotch of my jeans (no matter what brand i buy) always get worn out! What do you guys do to prevent this? Is it because of overtightness or is it from rubbing together (too loose)?

Originally posted by J.M.
    How do you guys like the N&F? I've been thinking of picking up a pair lately.
    N&F isn't that bad and I find the denim to be a lot thicker then Nudies. N&F are also usually cheaper then Nudies unless you get their special edition jeans.

I've been wearing a pair of N&F weird guys for about 5months no wash so far and their finally starting to fade.

Originally posted by Prelude_dude
    /\ damn those are some awesome fades on those APC's.

But besides the hole in the heel in ur diors, how are you getting holes elsewhere?? You beat the crap out of your jeans lol, the diors are pretty strong denim, i can see blowing out the crotch in the nudies, but im not even coming close to fading the crotch out on my diors
    hmm let's see, holes in front pockets are from pulling stuff in/out, coin pocket is where I kept my keys, back pocket is my wallet, and the back leg is from my... underwear? I dunno
    The jeans are 5 years old now...

Originally posted by believe
    maybe a noob question, but the crotch of my jeans (no matter what brand i buy) always get worn out! What do you guys do to prevent this? Is it because of overtightness or is it from rubbing together (too loose)?
    It's inevitable. The crotch area has the most friction, and not washing your jeans causes oil, dirt, bacteria and crap to build up which wears out the denim
    Cheaper stuff like Nudies will obviously blow out faster

my diors at 2 and a half years, wore them on/off. Washed them several times. I'll wear this pair forever.

Last edited by z2two; 12-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I have two pairs of raw denim. APC New Standards which I've had for about 3 years now and a pair of 3Sixteen's which I've had for about a year and a half but still havent worn.

1 x N&F Broken twill SG
    1 x Horn and Wings
    1 x Nudie Thin Finn Dry Ecru
    1 x Nudie Thin Finn Broken Twill
    1 x Nudie Slim Jim Dry Ecru (cut them into shorts)
    1 x Dr Denim
    1 x Cheap Monday
    1 x Nudie Slim Jim some black ones
    1 x Nudie Thin Finn some black ones as well

Hands down nudies are the most comfortable pair so far and I like the fit the most. But I think N&F probs fade the fastest out of all the pairs that I own.
    Last edited by move; 11-20-2012 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Wrangler Extreme, 4 pairs. The only jean that lasts and fits my glorious booty.

I find other jeans cant be treated like clothes. They rip, fray, button tear, and lose shape in a couple wash cycles.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    09 WRX

Where can I get this Dior Raw? And how much?

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

Default Re: Raw Denim Thread

Originally posted by vw_rabbit2.5
    The purpose of this thread is to discuss all types of raw denim topics.

What are some of your favorite brands, post pics of your fading, tips on how to repair rips/holes/blowouts, and other miscellaneous topics.

I know there are a few threads on denim already, but this is strictly for raw denim.

I'll start:

I've owned 5 pairs of raw denim: 3 nudies, 2 naked & famous.
    My first pair of nudies were the slim jim dry broken twill, worn 1 year before first wash (pics will be posted soon). I rarely wear these anymore because they have worn really thin, there is a hole in the back pocket that I still need to get fixed, and the crotch blowout needs a better repair job.

My second pair of nudies haven't been washed yet, been worn about 6 months, but I had a crotch blowout that I haven't gotten around to repairing.

Third pair of nudies were the first selvege nudies I bought, and I'm currently about 1 month into wear.

First N&F has about 1 year of wear, no washes yet, and a hole forming in the crotch.

I've been reading this forum RAWR Denim and I came across this post showing a guy repairing holes and blowouts using the "darning" method

Does anyone know if there's a place in calgary that does this? It looks like they use a special sewing machine to do it.

My newest pair of raw denim are the N&F Left Hand Twill in Weird Guy cut. They are super stiff and I've only worn them for about a week. I'm really excited on how this one will wear.
    Big Bengt Lab
    Even Steven Organic
    Sugarcane levi 1940 repros
    Naked and Famous Skinny guys

On the repairs (I was about to post this) - you don't need "that" exact machine. But you do need a sewing machine that can do "Darning", I looked up SINGER and it's $450 for a machine that can do "darning".

Essentially, you just need to find a tailor that has a machine that can do that...if anyone in Calgary that has a commercial grade machine (I doubt it to be honest)..it should be able to...if any of you guys know a sick tailor/designer (A designer is more likely to have an intense machine than just a tailor) let me know...I need to repair like 3 jeans lol

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Wanna buy a Singer sewing machine?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Accord

Call me a rookie, but whats the difference between raw denim and the basic bluejeans I buy from the levi's outlet?

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I think it means that the denim has not been subjected to artificial fading, whisking, and wash. Usually comes in deep blue color.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast