Quantcast
Looking for a Shih Tzu breeder. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking for a Shih Tzu breeder.

Default Looking for a Shih Tzu breeder.

As the title says, I am looking for a dog breeder in the NE of Calgary. I know this is a complete long shot, but worth a try.

We bought a shih tzu puppy from a family back in April and since have wanted to add a second sibling for him and for us, he is an unbelievable dog. We have contacted the previous owners to see if they remember where they got him from but we aren't having much luck.

Our dog was bought from Kijiji from a lady who lives in either Rundle or Pineridge, previous owner thinks she lived really close to 68th street.

Our dog was born February 5th, 2011. He's a black and white Shih Tzu.

I know this probably won't get me anywhere but I can't find much through Google and the like so thought I'd try my luck with beyond.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by OCDP; 11-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Just curious, what characteristics make your current Shih Tzu an unbelievable dog?

My Ride
    86cav, 03civic

Google "Pekabout Shih Tzu" - I think they are located in the NE!

Post a video on what this wonder dog does, training cats to crap in the toilet pretty much has this dog lover thinking dogs are pretty much in the slow learner class. My dog can lick his unit, perhaps I am an easy audience, still though, pretty impressive.

Originally posted by rhiri
    Google "Pekabout Shih Tzu" - I think they are located in the NE!
    Thanks for the lead. We contacted them and they are indeed in the NE (Abbeydale) Unfortunately they are not the breeder and do not know of the breeder I am trying to find. Appreciate the tip though, you were pretty damn close.

In reply to "unbelievable" I simply refer to his demeanor. He's extremely calm, never barks, very easily trained, insanely friendly and just an overall amazing dog. Therefore we'd love to find another from the same parents if at all possible.

I know I've got nothing to go on, but I've seen beyond do work many times.

You might be searching for a Shih Tzu breeder, when in fact the breeder breeds more than the one breed. Not saying it is a "puppy mill" at all, rather in my example my dog comes from a breeder who breeds three types of purebred dogs, all are proper quality and semi related as a breed (small). My breeder is good at breeding one purebred so she added a few more and has very good success in a home environment.

I suggest you fan out your search to those places breeding more than one breed of dog. Odd the previous owners could not tell you more.

I spoke with the previous owner who states they breed shih tzu's only.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Originally posted by shadowz
    Www.jensenslittlejewels.com
    No! three of the past four ex-wives of mine have a Shih-Tzu from them and they all seemed to develop a bad attitude once the dog arrived home. Then there was the dogs, they all developed a skin problem within a few months...
    Two hands working can do more than a million clasped in prayer...

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by cde1966

No! three of the past four ex-wives of mine have a Shih-Tzu from them and they all seemed to develop a bad attitude once the dog arrived home. Then there was the dogs, they all developed a skin problem within a few months...
    Skin problems tend to come from dogs having too shallow of a gene pool. Limited regestration would be a give away...

I would go find the kennel club breed website, look through the list of chartered members and search for websites to see whats available.

http://www.canadianshihtzuclub.ca/Members/Alberta.htm

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by cde1966

Not too sure whether it was the environment that they were from or not, but myself and two other friends have purchased dogs from them in the past, very well tempered dogs with no health problems

Hey shadowz,

Do you have any pics of your dogs? How long have you had them? I'd like to learn a little more about them as they have some pretty good looking puppies for a reasonable price.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by CMW403
    Just curious, what characteristics make your current Shih Tzu an unbelievable dog?
    If it's anything like mine which passed away last year, they are not the smartest breed but very friendly to everyone. Mine had great temper and very outgoing but it does varies from others I have met which are shy. They are also hypoallergenic means great for allergy sufferers.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-20-2012 at 12:13 PM.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Originally posted by Xtrema

If it's anything like mine which passed away last year, they are not the smartest breed but very friendly to everyone. Mine had great temper and very outgoing but it does varies from others I have met which are shy. They are also hypoallergenic means great for allergy sufferers.
    mine passed away last August and I'd have to say he was very good around people/dogs but he was also very smart. I believe we got him 10+ years ago from a breeder that I'm told was still around out in Sundre IIRC. Hypoallergenic was the main reason as my sister was very allergic, turned out to be one hell of a dog

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by OCDP
    Hey shadowz,

Do you have any pics of your dogs? How long have you had them? I'd like to learn a little more about them as they have some pretty good looking puppies for a reasonable price.
    One is 8 and the other is 5 (black dog) had them since they were puppies

Last edited by shadowz; 01-20-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Those are some cute dogs. Are they pretty mild dogs, as in not hyperactive?

Asking because our guy right now is so mellow. We're pretty mellow people so we're trying to find a dog similar (hence trying to find the breeder) We know that one will never be exactly like the other, but we're mainly after a more relaxed dog.

My Shih Tzu is an awesome dog as well. He was the runt of the littler but has the coolest personality and is extremely loveable. Everyone who comes over wants to take him home. Again, not the smartest dog, but more of a "I am here and all will love me even though I don't do a whole lot" type dog... Somebody called him a downsdog once and it kinda stuck. He is just a bit slower than most but you just can't help but love him!

Jack (Shih Tzu) and Lucy (Yorki X)

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Sam always chilled like this.. I guess it was just his inner badass. Yes that's only one eye, he developed an ulcer on his right eye after it was scratched by another dog, in the end it was less painful to have it removed. RIP bud.

Still no luck unfortunately.

Spoke with the previous owner. Here are a few more details if it helps at all... you never know.

Our dog was bought from Kijiji from a lady who lives in either Rundle or Pineridge, she thinks she lived really close to 68th street.

Our dog was born February 5th, 2011. He's a black and white Shih Tzu.

I've put an ad on Kijiji as well.

I'm going to bump this again as we still haven't given up.

It's frustrating knowing we can't locate a breeder that lives not but 5 minutes from our own house.