Quantcast
$$$$$$ Coffee!!! - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25

Thread: $$$$$$ Coffee!!!

My Ride
    100% SAVAGE

Luke's drug mart sounds just my speed. I'll check em out.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I recommend going to Lukes Drug Mart in Bridgeland to check out their coffee shelf. They usually carry a European roaster. I was there last week and they had The Barn from Berlin in stock. They are regarded as one of the best roasters in the world.

Monogram in Britannia brings in 2 shipments from a guest roaster each month. They currently have Coffee Supreme from down under.

Phil & Sebastian in Mission brings in a guest roaster each Saturday. David Kim, Canada's 2019 Brewer's Champ, is in charge of this program. He's there every Saturday to brew and chat.

Eight Ounce Coffee Supply brings in beans once in a while. They currently have April Coffee from Copenhagen.

I'd say this is a good way to check out different roasters, especially if you wanna try something different from the local scene.

I'm currently subscribed to Tim Wendelboe and Sans. Good stuff but $$$. I have a huge list of roasters I'd like to try so each month I'll do an order. For June, I'm gonna order from Colorado. I'd be happy to split on shipping on orders if anyone is interested.
    Solid info, thanks due!
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

My Ride
    100% SAVAGE

So I dropped by Luke's on the weekend and they had a big selection on the coffee shelf. They still have The Barn as well as several others. However, I left empty handed for two reasons. 1) I find the descriptions on the packaging totally confusing. I wanted a light roast, or at least a lighter sounding medium roast. I read most of the packages, and found a lot of adjectives, but none I could even guess at. 2) there weren't prices posted, and I'm no baller. I use price as a key factor in making purchases. Is that odd?

Anyway, guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

Luke's does carry the full line of Kicking Horse coffees downstairs in the grocery section. I wasn't in the mood by the time I found that.

So any recommendations re beans for espresso?

I have been using Lavazza Rossa since I found out I love espresso. Looking for a change.

Was using a Moka pot initially, but now we have a built in wall unit that does the job for my day to day use.

Any suggestions appreciated.

My Ride
    100% SAVAGE

So since my personal failure at Luke's, I reverted to Amazon and grabbed both of these:
    20190609_152611~2.jpg

Happy with taste, but I'm brutal at describing it. Neither is wildly different from the pink superstore bag, but as they are all light roast, that's not surprising. Need a few more cups of each before I pick a favourite.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25