Quantcast
$$$$$$ Coffee!!! - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$$$$ Coffee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck since getting this unit, I am drinking like a minimum 3 double shots a day. I am getting my espresso game on point now. It was a bit of a learning curve but now every pull is beautiful! I can't honestly say I have had a better one anywhere. I am sure though that is just because I haven't experienced the right places yet, but I don't care. I have zero regrets buying this machine!

Attachment 96719
    Bought the same one over Christmas and it's great. Still trying to get it dialed in though.

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    Bought the same one over Christmas and it's great. Still trying to get it dialed in though.
    You will find that even switching beans causes you to have to re-evaluate aspects, but so far I love it!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wasn't paying attention and ended up with some of the "boheme" espresso roast from Mount Pleasant. Not my first choice for my morning pour over, but ill survive.
    Name:  IMG_20210112_081820784.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  53.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Never seen this before, looks interesting.

https://drinkmiura.ca/pages/buy-drin...MR28S4gINQJANQ

My Ride
    V8s

This baby arrived a couple days ago. TBH when I was unboxing, I was wondering if I wasted my money since some of it seemed... idk, flimsy?

That feeling disappeared once I used it, what a wonderful piece of machinery. Coffee is good, of course, but its also fast and nearly silent. Would absolutely recommend.

Name:  63279235451__42BF7B13-3C38-4AB1-A4EB-F22A996D6B80.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  56.2 KB

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

^ they're constructed in a basic fashion so that if you ever need to repair or replace anything, it's easy to do so and should last you a very long time. I enjoy mine, quality units to say the least.

My Ride
    Edge

Having used my pour over many times now, all I can say is it makes coffee. It tastes exactly the same as drip, which is perhaps the point. But at least the machine isn't taking up space on our all-too-small countertop and the pour over just sits in the cupboard.

I didn't see anyone mention this site. I just started buying from them recently and I am impressed. I haven't found good Kona beans outside of Hawaii very often in Calgary. But this is legit. Not as good as direct from Hawaii but it has that subtle flavor with the nice aftertaste that I like. You have to order 4lbs at a time which I don't mind since I drink a ton. It was good enough for me to order their Jamaican Blue Mountain peaberry. I've never actually had JBM coffee before so I'm excited to try. Delivered in less than a week. Using it with my Virtuoso+ and Bonavita machine.

https://goldstarcoffee.ca/products

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by kirberman View Post
    I didn't see anyone mention this site. I just started buying from them recently and I am impressed. I haven't found good Kona beans outside of Hawaii very often in Calgary. But this is legit. Not as good as direct from Hawaii but it has that subtle flavor with the nice aftertaste that I like. You have to order 4lbs at a time which I don't mind since I drink a ton. It was good enough for me to order their Jamaican Blue Mountain peaberry. I've never actually had JBM coffee before so I'm excited to try. Delivered in less than a week. Using it with my Virtuoso+ and Bonavita machine.

https://goldstarcoffee.ca/products
    Pretty cheap for the types/source of beans, how is the roast level? Roast date on the bags?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Pretty cheap for the types/source of beans, how is the roast level? Roast date on the bags?

I've only had the Kona so far and its a med roast, labelled on the package. Same with the roast date. They even give you a card in the box with the roast date. My JBM arrived on Thursday (21st) and it had a roast date of the 18th. But you're right, the price is almost too good to be true. I had bought Kona from the Nordstrom coffee shop before (a couple years ago) at $40/lbs and I thought it was a decent price. This batch I got from this place is way better than the Nordstrom stuff. And as much as I love the Roasterie, their Kona always look old and dry. Not saying its the best Kona I've had but relative to how difficult it is to get it here in Calgary and its price, its pretty damn good. I saw there is a Kona dark roast available too which I will try next order unless this JBM blows my mind.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

If you order the dark roast Kona and want to sell me a bag, I'd be up for trying it out.

This egg coffee stuff keeps popping up on my news feed.

https://laboratorioespresso.it/en/sc...ffee-with-egg/

Have confirmed not a single Swedish person I know has heard of this. Maybe it's a 1900's thing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Got a question for the beyond coffee snobs, I know I have been pretty hard core on my single serve coffees for years, but frankly with WFH and the wife drinking coffee again it’s getting to the point where I am spending 5-6 bucks a day on god damned Nespresso pods. I maintain it was the right choice for my singular Saturday Sunday AM coffee fix but at my current burn I think hitting Starbucks a few times a day would be cheaper...

So what’s the way to go for a coffee maker these days? Haven’t owned one in years. Figure the savings relative to my current Nespresso burn rate should make this a pretty quick payout unless I ball completely out of control.

I don’t need anything espresso maker crazy, just want to drink decent coffee in quantity that will get me through my day.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I mean, go full hipster and a do pour-over? I'm told that's a hipster thing.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What do I need to buy for this witchcraft, is there more involved that pressing the make button on my Nespresso?

Do people use coffee makers anymore? I think I still remember my days at Starbucks.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    V8s

Got a question for the beyond coffee snobs, I know I have been pretty hard core on my single serve coffees for years, but frankly with WFH and the wife drinking coffee again it’s getting to the point where I am spending 5-6 bucks a day on god damned Nespresso pods. I maintain it was the right choice for my singular Saturday Sunday AM coffee fix but at my current burn I think hitting Starbucks a few times a day would be cheaper...

So what’s the way to go for a coffee maker these days? Haven’t owned one in years. Figure the savings relative to my current Nespresso burn rate should make this a pretty quick payout unless I ball completely out of control.

I don’t need anything espresso maker crazy, just want to drink decent coffee in quantity that will get me through my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This baby arrived a couple days ago. TBH when I was unboxing, I was wondering if I wasted my money since some of it seemed... idk, flimsy?

That feeling disappeared once I used it, what a wonderful piece of machinery. Coffee is good, of course, but its also fast and nearly silent. Would absolutely recommend.

Name:  63279235451__42BF7B13-3C38-4AB1-A4EB-F22A996D6B80.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  56.2 KB
    Does it make better coffee than a cheapie? Idk. I probably couldn't tell in a blind test. I do like this thing though.

All Moccamasters are the same basic machine, with minor variations. Just figure out if you want glass or insulated carafe, what size, what color, and auto drip-stop or not. Still happy with ours. Would buy again. I would probably go with an auto-drip stop model though, I thought I'd like the switch on the filter basket, as you can control how fast your coffee is going through/let it bloom/etc, but its kind of turning out to just be a pain in the butt.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Moccamaster eh?

I’ll Google.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

killer, try this dudes procedure. I think his equipment is under $50 total.
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/362...85#post4937285

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Does it make better coffee than a cheapie? Idk. I probably couldn't tell in a blind test. I do like this thing though.

All Moccamasters are the same basic machine, with minor variations. Just figure out if you want glass or insulated carafe, what size, what color, and auto drip-stop or not. Still happy with ours. Would buy again. I would probably go with an auto-drip stop model though, I thought I'd like the switch on the filter basket, as you can control how fast your coffee is going through/let it bloom/etc, but its kind of turning out to just be a pain in the butt.
    I have a mochamaster as well. With a 40 oz insulated carafe. I am very happy with mine, have had it 6 years. The difference I find compared to cheapie versions the temperature is much more consistent. The auto-drip stop model would be the only thing I would want in addition to the version I have. I guess the other advantages are that the boiler is super fast (6 minutes for a full pot, even after 6 years of use) and quiet, althought those are less of a concern for me.

Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast