Quantcast
$$$$$$ Coffee!!! - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$$$$ Coffee!!!

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just broke our second bodum carafe this year... reccs for best replacement French press that won’t explode when someone looks at it the wrong way
    Espro P7

I don't use my Espro anymore. It wastes a decent amount of coffee because of the plunger/filter design. The double micro filter gives a clean, no sludge cup but it doesn't go all the way down so there is retained liquid at the bottom.

Frieling is another company that offers dual walled stainless steel french presses with a traditional plunger/filter.

If you don't mind single cup press devices then have a look at Aeropress, Delter and American Press.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I have an aeropress, but like the frenchpress to get both my wife and I a cup in the morning without having the extra work

I bought a Toddy cold brew system after reading that cold brews have 66% less acid. First cup will be tomorrow morning!

My Ride

My Espro produces 2 full to the brim 16 oz mugs, yes there is a bit of leftover coffee at the bottom but it might be just a smidgeon more which isn't the end of the world to me. If you wanted you can pull the plunger up and angle the press and push down to try and get the remaining but it's not really worth the tiny amount imo.

I also find it depends on the beans/roast itself, when I go to clean it some beans won't produce anything to pour/strain out while others have a considerable amount of liquid leftover. And this isn't just the leftover grind soaking up the remaining liquid fully, can clean it within an hour and find this.

It's just the downfall/nature of the filter setup in the espro's, there's lots of other stainless steel french presses which have the standard filter and you'll get all liquid out but more oil/sediment. But I would recommend going stainless steel just for the sake of no more breaking glass carafes.

My Ride

What I've been drinking lately, bought these off Amazon for something to try, def not fresh roasted which is fine but overall all 3 were meh to me. Tasted over roasted pretty badly for a supposed medium and the taste of each was also meh. The columbian and guat are fine with milk but didn't care for either black. The ethiopian was very fruity and smelled/tasted pretty decent but comparing it to some ethiopian beans I have from Monogram as the same time, they didn't hold a candle to the monogram beans
    Name:  qmJUXVg.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  72.0 KB

Other than these bags I've been rolling through some beans from Monogram

Name:  3EDJkw3.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  44.9 KB

Name:  ZGtqB2T.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  44.6 KB

The grey bag which is a blend was actually surprising how much I enjoyed it, just a nice clean cup of coffee that tastes what I like a standard coffee to taste like. The purple Ardent bag was also great, all the Monogram I've tried so far tastes light and bright, pretty impressed with what I've had.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Coop has some of my favourite cheap coffee. Sale on right now. I grabbed two bags of the Ethiopia, and the cashier told me she was from Ethiopia too! Fun stuff.
    Name:  20190927_155252~2.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  69.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^^hrm... could have got 25lbs of those, but instead got these

The flat fee shipping kinda sucks... $28usd for usps

Name:  5F62A3DC-E0EC-4658-B6FD-B7CFC3F60EC1.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  41.8 KB

Kona peaberry and ka’u morning glory

My Ride

^ siiiiiick! I'm jelly haha, let me know what you think of everything. I'm going to Kauai in Feb and going to get them to send me over 10-20 lbs to bring back as their shipping costs are pricey with the exchange rate.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

It’s pretty good (trying the peaberry today)... but yeah, the shipping sucks along with the exchange, making it over $1/100ml!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I really like Eclipse Coffee out in Canmore. Loads of flavours of beans.

Formally known as Rave Coffee. Why they rebranded I have no idea but when all they do is put a sticker over their old label on the cups, it's pretty funny!
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    The grey bag which is a blend was actually surprising how much I enjoyed it, just a nice clean cup of coffee that tastes what I like a standard coffee to taste like. The purple Ardent bag was also great, all the Monogram I've tried so far tastes light and bright, pretty impressed with what I've had.
    Can't go wrong with Monogram.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I really like Eclipse Coffee out in Canmore. Loads of flavours of beans.

Formally known as Rave Coffee. Why they rebranded I have no idea but when all they do is put a sticker over their old label on the cups, it's pretty funny!
    +1 for Eclipse! I always stop by after a day out in the mountains. I'm really enjoying their Kenyan and Rwandan.

Rave Coffee Canmore was either a franchise or expansion of Rave Coffee in Cirencester, UK. I'm guessing no more royalties

Rave Coffee UK was on my list of coffee shops to visit while I was living in the UK. I was happy to hear about Rave opening in Canmore upon my move back to Calgary. It was one of the first local shops to serve flat whites.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

More Mount Pleasant Roasters. Left this bag longer as per advice earlier in the thread. Still a lot of gas coming out, but it's manageable.
    Tasty cup too.
    Name:  IMG_20191203_065207639_HDR.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  49.1 KB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ethical bean on sale at Safeway/Sobeys for $10.99 plus 15 air miles.

My Ride
    *The First*

Commercial Drive Coffee from Vancouver is on sale at London Drugs for $9 instead of $13. Disappointed that the packages are only 300g, but whatever. Pay to play.
    I bought a medium espresso and a dark to try. If I'm not mistaken, this is from a shop (the best coffee shop) that's been roasting their own beans on Commercial Drive for 25+ years. That's severely OG for roasting in Canada.
    If it's the same place, they imported a massive roaster from Italy and one day someone tried to steal it with a cube van and I know the people that thwarted the crime, in progress.

#TheMoreYouKnow

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Costco selling 908g bags of Ethical Lush for $14. Good stuff. Much better deal than buying a pound for $12 or whatever it was at Safeway on sale recently.
    Name:  IMG_20191221_105145125_HDR.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  51.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Costco selling 908g bags of Ethical Lush for $14. Good stuff. Much better deal than buying a pound for $12 or whatever it was at Safeway on sale recently.
    Name:  IMG_20191221_105145125_HDR.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  51.8 KB
    That’s a great deal. I stocked up on 6 bags a few months ago last time they had it down to 13.49 but down to my last two now, should probably re up again at this price.

Btw, what’s everyone’s preference for cream if you use it? I’ve always been buying 10% coffee cream but picked up some 18% table cream recently and I like it way better especially paired with this Lush coffee

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

More fat is always better for taste. I've even done whipping cream, and it's awesome. I run my coffee black these days, but I did mix some eggnog the other afternoon, and that felt festive.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Btw, what’s everyone’s preference for cream if you use it? I’ve always been buying 10% coffee cream but picked up some 18% table cream recently and I like it way better especially paired with this Lush coffee
    Whipping cream ftw.
    You don't need a lot at all and it doesn't dilute your coffee/expresso.

Hmm wasn’t a fan of whipping cream when I tried it. I found it created gross chunks when I added it to hot coffee. It was a fresh carton, so Not really sure why it did that.

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast