Quantcast
Hondata flashpro for 06 si - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hondata flashpro for 06 si

My Ride
    The obvious

Default Hondata flashpro for 06 si

hi guys im a newbie here and im new to the k series honda scene....and im thinking Hondata flashpro for mod, i only have a sri takeda intake for now on my vehicle. Do you think flashpro is recommended?....opinions would be greatly appreciated...thanks...
    " Can't think of anything "

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

yes, must have. make sure to get a tune too

My Ride
    The obvious

thanks man i appreicated .....my plan was to eliminate the rev hang, better air/fuel ratio, engage my vtec earlier than 5500 rpm say around....4000 rpm (if its possible) and to have a red line around 8500 rpm....is this possible?...

My Ride
    Slow Injected

I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't think Flashpro makes that big of a difference if you have minor mods. When I was running just intake and exhaust I unflashed my car to go to the dealership and left it unflashed for a couple weeks after that because I didn't really miss it.

I think the dealership updated my ecu during one of my visits and got rid of the rev hang because I didn't notice it while it was unflashed.

And yeah it is possible to do all of those things you posted.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

^were you using the hondata basemaps or did you get an actual tune? i found there was a huge difference.

My Ride
    The obvious

i see thanks.....cause im planning on purchasing one and when i was doing my research on the reviews of the product...there's quite a lot of people are satisfied and happy about the outcome of it....im looking for a use one that is unlocked but i can't seem to a used one here in calgary....i'm not aiming for something drastic sky rocket increase of hp (which would be nice ) but something moderate. But i still want my vehicle too last long, less maintenance and i can drive it daily with no hiccups....

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Originally posted by gpomp
    ^were you using the hondata basemaps or did you get an actual tune? i found there was a huge difference.
    Yeah I'm still running a base map, gonna get an e-tune in the spring or summer. Does the tune makes that big of a difference? I thought it would help squeeze out a few extra hp's and just help the car run smoother overall but didn't think it would be anything too crazy.

Jim, are you still looking for a used Flashpro?

My Ride
    z32 2+2

i am acutally looking for a used flashpro if anyone has one for sale

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Even running a tuned stock Si, it greatly increased the throttle response and made the car smoother.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by gyu
    Yeah I'm still running a base map, gonna get an e-tune in the spring or summer. Does the tune makes that big of a difference? I thought it would help squeeze out a few extra hp's and just help the car run smoother overall but didn't think it would be anything too crazy.
    When I ran K-pro on my RSX-S I found the difference between the base map and a actual tune off a dyno was a noticeable difference. I figure if I was going to spend all that money on a programmable ECU (or in your case the capability to program it) might as well run a map that is optimized for our location.

My Ride
    CNG Injected

you would be wasting your money doing the flash just for intake.... I would do drop in cams an header then dyno tune to really notice a different :

jump on k20a.org and 8thcivic.com you will find more info on those websites then anyother forum

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Originally posted by A2VR6

When I ran K-pro on my RSX-S I found the difference between the base map and a actual tune off a dyno was a noticeable difference. I figure if I was going to spend all that money on a programmable ECU (or in your case the capability to program it) might as well run a map that is optimized for our location.
    Where did you go to get a dyno tune and how much was it?

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by gyu

Got mine done by Matt at Tecmotion. He charges a flat rate after a certain amount of hours on the dyno. It ended up being ~$550 but we did a bunch of runs figuring out why my numbers i was getting off the dyno were low (turned out to be a blocked cat converter ) so im sure if your car doesnt have any issues it would be less. He's done a few K20's before.

He's not the only guy tho, im sure Toma could help you out as well with a good tune.
    Last edited by A2VR6; 12-14-2012 at 09:26 AM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by gyu

Jeff Evans E-tuned mine for 200 bucks.

14 datalogs later and my car runs fantastic.

Search e-tunes, or go to Evanstuning.com
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

just get an etune, with your mods there won't be a difference. jeff tuned mine as well

My Ride
    You Crazy

That's a lot of cam angles to play with, and tables to tweek for an e-tune.

Is he at our elevation? Are your cam angles optimized for 4000 feet, Ambient air at 88kpa, your intake system, and your exhaust?

Ditto Spark timing and AF? Or was it tuned to a generic, "usually make the best power" number?

How did he find MBT timing without having the car on the dyno?

A dyno tune is best, but on a K-series will cost $400 to $500. Either Anthony or myself can help you out.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by Toma
    That's a lot of cam angles to play with, and tables to tweek for an e-tune.

Is he at our elevation? Are your cam angles optimized for 4000 feet, Ambient air at 88kpa, your intake system, and your exhaust?

Ditto Spark timing and AF? Or was it tuned to a generic, "usually make the best power" number?

How did he find MBT timing without having the car on the dyno?

A dyno tune is best, but on a K-series will cost $400 to $500. Either Anthony or myself can help you out.
    $500 dyno tune is a little extreme when all he has is an intake, etune is fine this his case...

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by gpomp
    $500 dyno tune is a little extreme when all he has is an intake, etune is fine this his case...
    And $200 for an "e-tune" is ok??

E-tune if you provide logs takes all of 5 minutes. No effort, no strapping a car down, no testing.

What exactly are you "tuning" with an e-tune?

Set the AF to 13:1, and call it good?

You are just cheap lol

I look at it like this. Flash Pro + e-tune = ~900. Flash Pro plus dyno tune, ~$1100. realistically, is it THAT different given the total investment in this one mod?
    Last edited by Toma; 12-15-2012 at 10:58 AM.

My Ride
    The obvious

hi guys ...sorry i was gone for a little while...and yes im still looking for a hondata flashpro....there's quite a few opinions here which i really do appreciate thier honesty, You guys are really knowledgable about this product, me on the other hand is a newbie. .....i guess my main goal is not drastic hp...i just want to have that early vtec sensation, no rev hang, a little higher rev limiter and a good a/f ratio....my question is now....is it really worth it to have a hondata flashpro with my goals?....as for me i am really interested on purchasing one...