Quantcast
Mail forwarding service...bundlebox or similar? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Mail forwarding service...bundlebox or similar?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Mail forwarding service...bundlebox or similar?

Hey guys,

need to buy something online but they only ship to the states. Anyone ever use a mail forwarding service that they would recommend?

Bundlebox (and the like) are crazy expensive.

Cheaper just to have it shipped to Sweetgrass MT and drive down to get it yourself.

http://www.attheborderstorage.com/

My Ride

Originally posted by sputnik
    Bundlebox (and the like) are crazy expensive.

Cheaper just to have it shipped to Sweetgrass MT and drive down to get it yourself.

http://www.attheborderstorage.com/
    It's a fairly light package and is only about $100 bucks in value. Even at $150 its a fantastic value, so if I can get it here for $50 or less, I would be a happy camper, as that is how much it would cost in gas anyways to head out there.

Also, anyone have any experience with adding an additional billing address to their canadian credit card?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've never used a service like this, but it's interesting. I spent most of a day driving to sweetgrass. I figure I spent $60 in gas, $5 to MSO, $13 in GST to the customs people, plus 9 hours of my time. I would have been way ahead to have it shipped to me, even if the cost was $100 or more for the service.

EDIT: Just didd an estimate on the bundlebox website. it guesses my package would have been $45 plus import taxes/fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Looking online, seems like the most popular is www.usa2me.com, oldest and most professional looking, and has different options for shipment vs bundlebox which is just fedex.

Another one that promises the world and seems cheap is viaddress.com. They say free concierge service, but that function doesn't work now, but I signed up regardless. I really need a way to pay to get a US credit card...that's the hard part now as most sites won't take Canadian address for shipment.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Bumping this as I need to use up a $100 voucher but they only ship to USA address. Whats the go to forwarding service now as this thread has been awhile. Package itself is under $100 so would like the cheapest shipping
    Last edited by dj_rice; 05-25-2023 at 09:02 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Stackry.com. Easy to pick a lower declared value. Great if your bundling lots of options.

Crossborderpickups.ca declare proper value with them or the shipment gets delayed

My Ride
    G35

Just use dyk post.

I used myusa and it worked. Cancelled it promptly once I got everything. They had good reshipping options I could choose ups USPS or FedEx.
    https://www.myus.com/

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

I'm in Virginia for a couple more days, ship it to my hotel and i'll bring it back for you

My Ride

Thanks for the offer but dont think it'll ship that quick cause its Memorial Day coming up.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

How do these sites/services work if you want to drive down to Montana to pick the item up in person? Show up at the address and pay a nominal fee for them accepting the package?

Looking at buying something that'll be fairly large/heavy and getting them to send it to me from Montana will negate any savings that I'm looking at.

I've used Dyk post before but it was just a small package and had them take it up to Calgary for me to pick up.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah no problem they have a forklift there. Show up with your claim ticket, drive back across the border, declare the item, pay tax, drive home.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Used MyUS. $60 item, $40 shipping Yolo

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah no problem they have a forklift there. Show up with your claim ticket, drive back across the border, declare the item, pay tax, drive home.
    Yup, it’s a janky looking warehouse they have there but it can load and unload pallets just fine

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think over the years I've used all three.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Did you guys use Dyk post when you picked up in person? How much did they charge you for just receiving the package?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No, use Montana mailbox or at the border storage.