Quantcast
Looking for an Entry Level Accounting Position - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking for an Entry Level Accounting Position

Default Looking for an Entry Level Accounting Position

As the title states I am looking for an entry level accounting position. I am a new grad (graduated in October of this year) and have a Bachelor's of Management with a major in Accounting. I will be pursuing a CGA designation come February and will be starting at Level 4.

I do have some volunteer work experience (income taxes, gst returns, AP/AR data entry, general office duties) and have tons of theoretical knowledge about accounting and income tax.

If your, or anyone you know, employer is looking for an entry level accountant please PM me and I will get a cover letter and resume out to you.

I'm in the same situation like you bro, I started my job hunting in mid October but still getting no luck here. I'm qualified for CMA entrance exam exemption and if I'm going for CGA I'll be in the last stage the PACE Required. All of the companies out there are only looking for someone with hands-on experience. I somehow start thinking about getting an H2S and First Aid and become a roughneck...i'm slim, so just worrying about if I can handle that physical shit...

My Ride
    TDi

Same boat as well but I graduate in December..tough to find EL accounting unless you have connections or have good networking skills.

http://www.accountingcareerexpo.com/?page_id=62

Definitely go to this..
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Accord

Damn, my company just filled four junior positions in the last month or so. I'll keep an eye out in case any of them bum out anyway.

In the same situation as well but I graduate in spring, I think the market is way over-saturated for accounting new grads, I'm tempted to just shoot for something else.

Damn I thought I was the only one in this situation. Kinda feels good to know I am not the only one in this situation. Problem was since I did my undergrad in Lethbridge most/all of my networking was done there. I am lost as how to even approach networking here. That was the main reason I thought posting on beyond would get my name out there at least.

I am open to other positions as well, would prefer accounting but with student loan payments I kind of just need a job right now. I am a hardworking, reliable, and punctual individual who has extensive computer knowledge as well so even some entry level IT work I wouldn't mind doing. As well, I am physically fit enough to do labor so if the pay is right I wouldn't mind doing that as well.

Again if anybody knows of any positions PM me.

Send me your resumes, I work in a big4 and we have some billing coordinator positions that might get you in. It's sorta accounting?

Bumping this thread. Looking for entry level accounting as my last job did not plan out as expected to be. If you know of any positions do let me know. Don't mind travelling or being away from home for long periods. Open to working in Fort Mac too if the need be (or Lethbridge).

If i were you, i'd apply at every big major O&G company in town as a new grad. A lot of times the junior positions aren't posted and you just apply as a grad and they place you into a relevant job.