Quantcast
How Common is a 300+ Bench? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How many Men will Bench 300+ in their Lives?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 in 100

11 18.03%
  • 1 in 200

1 1.64%
  • 1 in 300

2 3.28%
  • 1 in 500

2 3.28%
  • 1 in 1000

11 18.03%
  • 1 in 1500

4 6.56%
  • 1 in 3000

9 14.75%
  • 1 in 3000+

21 34.43%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How Common is a 300+ Bench?

All my/Kryn's vids have, and always been on the www link on my posts/profile. Since 89coupe is apparently calling everyone out LOL...

Your turn.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I was benching 4 plates a side for 5 sets of 8 on a hammer strength machine last night but that is a lot easier then a straight bar. I just need to invite a buddy along to video tape.

I have a feeling I won't be able to do 3 plates a side but maybe 2 and a 35.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by liquidboi69
    All my/Kryn's vids have, and always been on the www link on my posts/profile. Since 89coupe is apparently calling everyone out LOL...

Your turn.
    You guys don't count! Everyone knows you two are strong as fuck.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

89coupe, what was the highest weight you benched not on a machine?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Disoblige
    89coupe, what was the highest weight you benched not on a machine?
    I've never tried, as I work out alone.

I do 225 for 5 sets of 5 all by myself with relative ease. So I'm curious to try.

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

Currently I do 3plates a side (315lbs) 3x10 . And maxout 1 clean rep at 4plates a side. (405lbs) . Flat bench free bar , no machine. I know about 8 guys at my guy who can do 3plates a side regularly.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Good luck 89coupe, I'm really curious to see now..

I never seen anyone in my life that only trained with the machine (and can bench over 400 on the machine). So I'm intrigued to see what the difference in weight will be when you bench freely.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

This kinda of shit comes up a lot, why dont you guys just make the "Beyond Gym Dick Measure thread"(or something similar haha), and only post once, update/edit your posts with your 1RM's with video proof? Make it a sticky at the top of the weightlifting forum? Or something along those lines.. Not progress threads like everyone has, just a legit, up to date 1RM thread. No more bullshit haha..

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Good luck 89coupe, I'm really curious to see now..

I never seen anyone in my life that only trained with the machine (and can bench over 400 on the machine). So I'm intrigued to see what the difference in weight will be when you bench freely.
    I always train with free weights, I only use a machine when I want to push my self to the max, as I train by myself.

By the way, 4 plates a side on a hammer strength machine is only 360lbs.
    Which really only feels like 225lbs. Lol

For those that don't know what a hammer strength looks like.

Last edited by 89coupe; 11-27-2012 at 03:50 PM.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by max_boost
    Weightlifting is so much fucking work. I wish I was just born taller and bigger. I'm like a 320I BMW, no matter how fucking hard I work, I may supercharge my body into maybe a 328. Where as some of you mofos are born bigger so by default you start out as a 335. HAHA it's life. Fuck.

Blah, stop making excuses for being weak. This year at the Festival of Strength a 65kg lifter went 212.5///140///185.0! Said lifter is a small Asian guy who looks like he has never been to the gym! But he benches over two times his own body weight RAW! That is some real strength! Remember, strength comes in all sizes. A 320I putting out 500whp is way more impressive than a 335 laying down 400whp. Most 'big guys' at the gym are proportionally weak as hell. Oh you weigh 250lbs and cant squat 500lbs or deadlift 600lbs?

Originally posted by NewLextasy
    Currently I do 3plates a side (315lbs) 3x10 . And maxout 1 clean rep at 4plates a side. (405lbs) . Flat bench free bar , no machine. I know about 8 guys at my guy who can do 3plates a side regularly.
    Actually? Please post a video I would like to see this. If you are not lying and don't weigh 300lbs that is some serious strength. What gym are you training out of?
    Not to be an ass but within the entire Alberta powerlifting community I can count on one hand the number of guys that can bang out 315lbs for 10 reps clean. That includes guys that are known to use steroids and not.

You guys don't count! Everyone knows you two are strong as fuck.
    You flatter me! However, as far as strength athletes go I am as average as they come.
    Last edited by KRyn; 11-27-2012 at 03:50 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Weightlifting is so much fucking work. I wish I was just born taller and bigger. I'm like a 320I BMW, no matter how fucking hard I work, I may supercharge my body into maybe a 328. Where as some of you mofos are born bigger so by default you start out as a 335. HAHA it's life. Fuck.
    FYI, short guys will always out bench tall guys, 9/10 times.

Simple leverage

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by 89coupe

FYI, short guys will always out bench tall guys, 9/10 times.

Simple leverage
    simple physics yo:

W = F x D

but tall dudes shouldn't let that stop them, still work to outlift manlets.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Oops

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

anyone who is claiming big #'s (even those who aren't) should post in this thread

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=363034
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride

Originally posted by KRyn

Actually? Please post a video I would like to see this. If you are not lying and don't weigh 300lbs that is some serious strength. What gym are you training out of?
    Not to be an ass but within the entire Alberta powerlifting community I can count on one hand the number of guys that can bang out 315lbs for 10 reps clean. That includes guys that are known to use steroids and not.

You flatter me! However, as far as strength athletes go I am as average as they come.

Ok I will be straight up and a lot of people know me and have seen me. I have been training for 7 years now started at 139 pounds. I currently weigh 223pound and am about 8% bf. and 5'9

I don't have a video as I feel awkward at the gym to ask someone to video me but I will if you still don't believe me after I also tel you that out of the 7 years training I won't hide the fact that I have cycled on and off for the last 3 years of that.
    Also I work out at golds gym in airdrie. Everyone knows me very well and I can easily do 3plates a side 3x10 with only 1min break between sets 2min max.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Ok I will be straight up and a lot of people know me and have seen me. I have been training for 7 years now started at 139 pounds. I currently weigh 223pound and am about 8% bf. and 5'9

I don't have a video as I feel awkward at the gym to ask someone to video me but I will if you still don't believe me after I also tel you that out of the 7 years training I won't hide the fact that I have cycled on and off for the last 3 years of that.
    Also I work out at golds gym in airdrie. Everyone knows me very well and I can easily do 3plates a side 3x10 with only 1min break between sets 2min max.
    Damn, I am jelly. One of these days I will get my act together and diet properly. Walking around under 10% BF would be nice. I wish I didn't like being such a fat mess and eating crap food. How strict are you with your diet?

P.S I believe you.

My Ride
    NC1

If it weren't for ice hockey/snowboarding/swimming, I would probably be a lot more serious with weight lifting. OK, sounds like an excuse but it's tough when you are swimming 2x and skating 3x a week. Now the snow is falling gotta hit the mountains too.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Originally posted by KRyn

Damn, I am jelly. One of these days I will get my act together and diet properly. Walking around under 10% BF would be nice. I wish I didn't like being such a fat mess and eating crap food. How strict are you with your diet?

P.S I believe you.
    When I cut , I'm very strict and I count every calorie I eat. Plus I go on a keto diet when I cut so very high protein and fats. Under 100grams of carbs a day after 3days of zero carbs.

But when I bulk I eat so bad it's crazy. Pizza ,chips, fast food and just everything you could think of. My last dirty weight was 238 and I cut down to the 220ish if been at recently. But now that its winter again I'm starting to dirty bulk again. It's the only way to keep sanity . I could never do a clean bulk and eat good all year long.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

When I cut , I'm very strict and I count every calorie I eat. Plus I go on a keto diet when I cut so very high protein and fats. Under 100grams of carbs a day after 3days of zero carbs.

But when I bulk I eat so bad it's crazy. Pizza ,chips, fast food and just everything you could think of. My last dirty weight was 238 and I cut down to the 220ish if been at recently. But now that its winter again I'm starting to dirty bulk again. It's the only way to keep sanity . I could never do a clean bulk and eat good all year long.

Whaaat? When you are bulking what do you estimate your BF at? 10-12% If so that isn't a bulk!

If it weren't for ice hockey/snowboarding/swimming, I would probably be a lot more serious with weight lifting. OK, sounds like an excuse but it's tough when you are swimming 2x and skating 3x a week. Now the snow is falling gotta hit the mountains too.

I woudln't worry about that at all Sam. I always prefer being athletic and in great shape versus lifting a shit ton.

My late friend, RIP, could press 6 x 545, among some other impressive lifting capabilities. But ask him to play basket ball or hockey (albeit a nasty injury ended that years ago) and he lost all ability, same with golf. Couldn't run for very long on a treadmill either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast