Quantcast
Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary review - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary review

Originally posted by blitz
    That's what made me dismiss that one, I thought it was too good.

I thought this was more your style: http://www.alwaysavailablejunkremoval.com/
    Ya, ummmm. No. I bet he'll be cheaper tho lol

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

It's a good website and the rates seem reasonable

^^Thank you.

My Ride
    '98 Camry

Love the site!

You can handle my junk any day!

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Actually $500 to take my full load seems steep.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Man, that site is great. Don't know why you think advertising doesnt work though, seems like the kind of business where advertising in the right places would be key.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Heavyfuel - The website looks good.

I always think of my parents (61 years old) and how they are fairly internet limited. I hate to say it but they would probably find the second website more towards their use - bright text/background and simple website layout with a giant phone number.

I personally (32 years old) would prefer yours Heavyfuel, just because it has mobile apps and it's honestly just a nicer layout.

My 2 cents.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Really? He's charging $500 to haul away a *AAA*?

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Ahhh, now it makes sense. Heavyfuel is Vince1, who was banned. I don't remember whether it was for advertising his company or acting like a retard, but he did both.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i think it was because of his stance on the topic of "rolling coal"

Originally posted by Mibz
    Ahhh, now it makes sense. Heavyfuel is Vince1, who was banned. I don't remember whether it was for advertising his company or acting like a retard, but he did both.
    Yup! That was me. I got made months ago, by the astute and now M.I.A. Guillermo, AKA Nonlinear lol. Thanks for all the compliments guys, but I think that it's painfully obvious that I have a lot of personal growth and obstacles to overcome, before any website or advertising helps me succeed. Working on it. As odd as it may seem, I'm working on it.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

cough fixedgear

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Yup! That was me. I got made months ago, by the astute and now M.I.A. Guillermo, AKA Nonlinear lol. Thanks for all the compliments guys, but I think that it's painfully obvious that I have a lot of personal growth and obstacles to overcome, before any website or advertising helps me succeed. Working on it. As odd as it may seem, I'm working on it.
    So interesting to connect the dots with these last two pages. Funny you bring those up. I was wondering what happened to them.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

^^ Holy fuck eh. Clearly I'm not the only one going through a slow period at the moment.
    We are quite busy, but my focus is always on calculated growth.

As far as your business, I guarantee that advertising would get you busy as hell. You're just doing it wrong.

Seriously.

I used to work with a garbage removal guy and had him answering 2-3 qualified calls/day from his advertising. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 60 calls a month and even if you only close 20% of that you're still landing 12 new clients.

It's about HOW you advertise bud. I'd speak to a professional (not Yellow Pages, etc.) and get some honest advice to help your business.

^^ Yeah there's a lot of things I'm doing wrong. I apologize for the negativity it's just what I've experienced with advertising.

I tried Google adwords, that's like flushing money down the drain. Paying for people to click on my site? Wtf??? I had signs on my truck, 10 complaints to each 2 legit calls, from everything to how dirty your truck is to how you merge, block an alley for 5 minutes and get the wrath of a soccer mom on a schedule so those had to go. Signs on the side of the road are illegal and distasteful and I gave those up 5 years ago. Twitter and Facebook, look, my customers are busy so why on Earth would they care about a post describing an antique typewriter we found in a basement? Kijiji is like a pack of hyenas tearing at a carcass, doesn't matter how low I quote somebody on there will beat it and Kijiji cheapskates will call 4 dozen companies to get the lowest price and they don't care if they get a cash only uninsured sketchy pickup truck. 3rd party management companies don't seem to care that we recycle, once again they want rock bottom prices to mark it up to their clients. You just can't win. Then you got 1-800 you know who at over 100$/load more than me and slow for them is only 3 trucks rolling all day. Just can't win. I know I vent and post a lot of stupid shit online and this post describes the source of maybe 90% of my overall frustration with life in general. This is it.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 03-14-2013 at 08:57 AM.

I had signs on my truck, 10 complaints to each 2 legit calls, from everything to how dirty your truck is to how you merge, block an alley for 5 minutes and get the wrath of a soccer mom on a schedule so those had to go.
    Haha....I have to certainly watch the way I drive in my work van. I'm much more courteous and go through the car wash on a weekly basis. But overall it gives my "company" a little more professional look. Plus my caricature makes me look thinner!!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

first time i've seen it installed! looks good

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

^^ Yeah there's a lot of things I'm doing wrong. I apologize for the negativity it's just what I've experienced with advertising.

I tried Google adwords, that's like flushing money down the drain. Paying for people to click on my site? Wtf??? I had signs on my truck, 10 complaints to each 2 legit calls, from everything to how dirty your truck is to how you merge, block an alley for 5 minutes and get the wrath of a soccer mom on a schedule so those had to go. Signs on the side of the road are illegal and distasteful and I gave those up 5 years ago. Twitter and Facebook, look, my customers are busy so why on Earth would they care about a post describing an antique typewriter we found in a basement? Kijiji is like a pack of hyenas tearing at a carcass, doesn't matter how low I quote somebody on there will beat it and Kijiji cheapskates will call 4 dozen companies to get the lowest price and they don't care if they get a cash only uninsured sketchy pickup truck. 3rd party management companies don't seem to care that we recycle, once again they want rock bottom prices to mark it up to their clients. You just can't win. Then you got 1-800 you know who at over 100$/load more than me and slow for them is only 3 trucks rolling all day. Just can't win. I know I vent and post a lot of stupid shit online and this post describes the source of maybe 90% of my overall frustration with life in general. This is it.
    I feel you. Advertising can be a full time job to figure out, and it's different for every business.

With respect to AdWords, I've never had an AdWords campaign that failed when I've taken the time to optimize it and target it properly. Google makes it very easy to advertise on AdWords but doesn't make it easy to optimize it to get the most value you can out of it.

With respect to twitter/facebook, I don't think you could be any more off base. It's not about "if they have time", it's about how you engage with them. People have time. They make time. Being there helps them find time for you, because you're there and you're available.

I agree completely about Kijiji.

The 1-800 guys have what you don't: advertising and branding.

Your frustrations are completely legitimate, but I also believe that they're solvable. The first step is identifying what your business needs are and who your customers are and what they want. After that you create an advertising campaign to suit.

Does that make sense?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

also if you want to curb calls about your driving. dont post the number. just throw on your company name, then all the social media icons under it. that way the complains about your driving wont make it to your phone and an email is easy to ignore... and way more effort for soccer moms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast