Quantcast
Comfortable dress shoes? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable dress shoes?

No word of a lie...I bought a pair of the Crocs loafers last year and the insoles are so amazing I removed them and put them in my normal shoes...then I went back and bought another pair of them JUST for the insoles to use in my other shoes (because the newer models use a full rubber material so u can wash them down so they don't stink up your feet)....this way you can buy whatever shoe u like and just use the Crocs insoles...unfortunately at the Crocs store at Crossiron Mills they do not sell just the insoles

For dress shoes though, hard to fit the Crocs insoles (I use them in my casual boots and skate shoes) so my last couple of pairs have been Rockport and Hush Puppies, great classic looking dressy shoes but if you're looking for something more trendy look elsewhere...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2019 at 10:11 AM.

My Ride
    2023 Durango SRT 392

Another Vote for Rockports.....I have a few pairs (Some wing-tips and a standard black pair)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Best dress shoes I've ever had were Red Wing shoes. I have a pair or two of those in good shape still that I wear pretty regularly.
    Does Red Wing still make dress shoes? I'm wearing a peair right now, and I've had them for five or six years at lest, and they are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2008 BMW M Coupe

+1 for Ecco. Been rockin' the same pair (among others) for almost 3 years.... Almost no signs of wear yet, and the rubber sole makes them so comfy.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Does Red Wing still make dress shoes? I'm wearing a peair right now, and I've had them for five or six years at lest, and they are awesome.
    I believe so. They still have a store in the NE near that supplement store.

Bought myself a nice looking pair of cole haan's on sale on Boxing Day. Been wearing them for about 3 days now and my feet have never been more sore! The cushioning is decent with the Nike technology underneath but the leather top feels so stiff at the top. These are the most expensive shoes I've ever owned. Do leather shoes take a while to wear in and if so how long typically?

My Ride
    Pipe

Allan Edmonds are very comfortable, they have cork in the soles. Nothing moulds to your feet like a leather soled/ lined shoe. Anyone that says that leather soled shoes are not comfortable has not owned a proper pair. I have several pairs and a couple of pairs that have been resoled multiple times and still look great. They will last you 5+ years if properly taken care of.

Make sure you wear rubbers outside in the wet/ slush.

As with most things, once you have good shoes, you can spot shitty shoes a mile away. I don't think there is anything tackier than someone in a suit with thick black rubber soled, square toe, aldo style dress shoes.

Dress shoes are the easiest way to size someone up when first meeting, you can bet it is one of the first things people notice when they meet you.

rockport, cole haan, geox, johnston and murphy

more affordable lines would be in rockport and geox as they run in the $100-$200.
    cole haan became famous with their nike lunar soles combined with their dress shoes.
    johnston and murphy are well known as well. They are aka salesman shoes, meaning they are quite comfy and good in quality as well.
    I bought Dr. Bs which are the more higher line in Aldo without the Aldo logo anywhere. They are definately much better in quality and i found them quite comfortable. Not necessarily cheap though as they run about $200.
    Last edited by genesis0403; 01-03-2013 at 10:11 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Bought myself a nice looking pair of cole haan's on sale on Boxing Day. Been wearing them for about 3 days now and my feet have never been more sore! The cushioning is decent with the Nike technology underneath but the leather top feels so stiff at the top. These are the most expensive shoes I've ever owned. Do leather shoes take a while to wear in and if so how long typically?
    Should have gone with the Ecco's
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Stick with it, wear them around the house. They'll get there, and will be comfy as hell soon enough!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

In my expereince, good quality leather shoes can take a couple week sto break in properly. As long as the size is right, stick with it. Wear them a few hours each day.
    My most comfortable pair of shoes today is one that was really constricting on my pinky toe when I bought them. Now, I could walk all day in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    No word of a lie...I bought a pair of the Crocs loafers last year and the insoles are so amazing I removed them and put them in my normal shoes...then I went back and bought another pair of them JUST for the insoles to use in my other shoes (because the newer models use a full rubber material so u can wash them down so they don't stink up your feet)....this way you can buy whatever shoe u like and just use the Crocs insoles...unfortunately at the Crocs store at Crossiron Mills they do not sell just the insoles

For dress shoes though, hard to fit the Crocs insoles (I use them in my casual boots and skate shoes) so my last couple of pairs have been Rockport and Hush Puppies, great classic looking dressy shoes but if you're looking for something more trendy look elsewhere...
    You should be banned for even bringing up crocs in a forum called fashion and luxury.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

I could go on a long spiel about "comfy" but it all depends on the person. Personally i wouldn't touch an aldo shoe if they were given to me but there are people that swear by them. At the end of the day a good quality shoe will always be more comfortable, yes they will require some break in time just like a good baseball glove.

Here is a short list of shoes i would recommend in different price points

For Casual Dress look at these companies:
    Ecco
    Rockport
    Born
    Dansko
    Sebago
    Clarks

For Formal Look at these companies:
    Johnson & Murphy
    Bruno Magli
    Dack's
    Santoni
    Fiorentini and Baker
    Church's

Some of the company's in the casual list also make formal shoes to.

To just clear up a mistake Rockports have Reebok technology in them not Adidas.

+1354 to Rockports

I bought some Rockports about 2 years back before I went to China, I wanted a casual shoe that was comfortable because I knew I would be doing A LOT of walking (went to the Great Wall... so they HAD to be comfy lol) and hands down, probably the most comfy pair of shoes I've owned. Took them to New York, Anaheim, and many other places. They're still comfortable to slip on today (Albeit a bit worn down from how much I wore them)
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    VW Golf R 18/Benz S 350 07/14 Nissan Rogue

Tod's

Originally posted by Cash Money Hoes
    Allan Edmonds are very comfortable, they have cork in the soles. Nothing moulds to your feet like a leather soled/ lined shoe. Anyone that says that leather soled shoes are not comfortable has not owned a proper pair. I have several pairs and a couple of pairs that have been resoled multiple times and still look great. They will last you 5+ years if properly taken care of.

Make sure you wear rubbers outside in the wet/ slush.

As with most things, once you have good shoes, you can spot shitty shoes a mile away. I don't think there is anything tackier than someone in a suit with thick black rubber soled, square toe, aldo style dress shoes.

Dress shoes are the easiest way to size someone up when first meeting, you can bet it is one of the first things people notice when they meet you.
    I have a couple of pairs of AE's so far and plan for more. Very comfortable once you figure out your propper size. They have a decent sale at the end of September every year where both their seconds and firsts are on sale. They are expensive up here but can be had for a decent price if ordered on sale from the States.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by cet

I have a couple of pairs of AE's so far and plan for more. Very comfortable once you figure out your propper size. They have a decent sale at the end of September every year where both their seconds and firsts are on sale. They are expensive up here but can be had for a decent price if ordered on sale from the States.
    Thanks for the heads up but what do you mean by "their seconds and firsts are on sale"?

Firsts are shoes that come off the production line that are perfect and sent out for sale.
    Seconds are shoes that come off the production line that have some blemish. It could be something noticable or could be something you would never notice unless you really looked for it but they aren't perfect accorfing to the company standards.

Seconds are discounted to begin with and during their September both the firsts and seconds are on sale.

Just a couple of notes about the seconds. You have to call in to the factory to enquire about the availability of them and they may not be easy to get if you have an odd size or want a shoe that isn't manufactured a lot.

I guess it depends on how dressy you need your shoes.

If you aren't wearing a suit I would recommend Rockport as well. I generally wear khakis or dress pants at work, but I walk a fair bit so these seem to balance dress and comfort quite well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast