Quantcast
Comfortable dress shoes? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable dress shoes?

Default Comfortable dress shoes?

Anyone wanna recommend a pair of COMFORTABLE dress shoes? The ones I have now make me dread going to work. Even tried adding in-soles and there's just not enough cushion. Looking for something fashionable and comfortable. Preferably something pointed at the front.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Rockport. Has Adidas soles.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Originally posted by flipstah
    Rockport. Has Adidas soles.
    What he said.

Rockport/Dressport

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Default Re: Comfortable dress shoes?

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Anyone wanna recommend a pair of COMFORTABLE dress shoes? The ones I have now make me dread going to work. Even tried adding in-soles and there's just not enough cushion. Looking for something fashionable and comfortable. Preferably something pointed at the front.
    I live and swear by Florsheim, particularly the Florsheim Kenmoor...

I've been rocking these for years! Super comfortable, designed awesome, has a baller power level of over 9,000....

Used to by them from the Bay back 3 years ago, until they stopped carrying the high quality ones, then started ordering directly off their site (used to have to place orders via phone, but they just got online ordering setup)...

Love love love these shoes... Just got a new pair a week ago to replace my old ones.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Cole Haan. I will never buy another brand of dress shoes.

They have Nike soles so they're super comfy. Too bad we don't have an actual store here, you only get a limited selection at places like Town Shoes, Holt, Henry Singer, etc.

I always pick up a new pair when ever I go to the states.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

I too like the cole haan shoes. Have several pairs. Unfortunately, Nike bought cole haan and now has sold it.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I was just complaining about this the last few days to my wife. I picked up a pair of Steve maddens and my feet are so sore at the end of each day I want to cut them off.

I am going to try rockports as I have heard good reviews, were would I pick some up?
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Originally posted by Kavy
    I was just complaining about this the last few days to my wife. I picked up a pair of Steve maddens and my feet are so sore at the end of each day I want to cut them off.

I am going to try rockports as I have heard good reviews, were would I pick some up?
    There is a store in Chinook

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Definitely look into Ecco shoes if you're after comfort.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

Originally posted by msommers

A lot of their men's dress shoes have removable insoles so you have to option of slipping in an orthotic if you so choose. This is not an ecco exclusive but I find they do it a lot more than others.

My Ride
    Accord

I have I think they're kenneth coles, they're ridiculously comfortable. I think they must have one of those fancy air soles in them, like the nike stuff. I don't know. I wear them 10+ hours a day and completely forget they're even there. My madden's aren't bad, but definitely not the same.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fit is very important for comfort. If you've been having a hard time getting comfortable shoes, go to a "real" shoestore to get fitted properly.
    Half the guys in town are wearing shoes that are a size too large. Leather dress shoes will stretch in width a bit, so they should feel snug on the day you buy them.

Chain stores in malls staffed with teenagers are typically not capable of properly fitting shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Fit is very important for comfort. If you've been having a hard time getting comfortable shoes, go to a "real" shoestore to get fitted properly.
    Half the guys in town are wearing shoes that are a size too large. Leather dress shoes will stretch in width a bit, so they should feel snug on the day you buy them.

Chain stores in malls staffed with teenagers are typically not capable of properly fitting shoes.

I go to O'Connors for that.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Town and Country used to be great for fitting shoes, but I haven't been there in a while.

Made the mistake of buying some Marks "quad comfort" dress shoes on huge markdown, ended up being only about $30 for the pair. They look decent enough, but you can 100% feel the difference. They don't breathe at all, so feet are hot and sweaty after about one hour of wear.
    I consider that $30 wasted. I now only wear them if I know I'm going outside on a slushy day.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

+1 for Cole Haan.

I've had a few pairs of Geox shoes, and they've been unreal once broken in. Great quality as well.

I also have 3 pairs of Calvin Klein's right now, and they're surprisingly comfortable. Tried them on at Town shoes and bought online

My Ride
    XT6

Originally posted by msommers

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

ecco is shit. bought a pair for 50% off so they were around $100. wore them like 5 times and got blisters every time. shitty shoes. donated them.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by littledan
    ecco is shit. bought a pair for 50% off so they were around $100. wore them like 5 times and got blisters every time. shitty shoes. donated them.
    Sounds like you didn't get the right size or had pinch points that should have been obvious when you tried them on. If you got blisters everytime you wore them and only wore them 5 times, to me it should have been painfully obvious
    Ultracrepidarian

Leather soled shoes. Not as much cushioning, but once they're broken in they feel like slippers. I've had my Ferragamo's for over 2 years, and they're better than ever!

rockport or hush puppies (real comfort)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast