Quantcast
Comfortable dress shoes? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable dress shoes?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by cet
    Firsts are shoes that come off the production line that are perfect and sent out for sale.
    Seconds are shoes that come off the production line that have some blemish. It could be something noticable or could be something you would never notice unless you really looked for it but they aren't perfect accorfing to the company standards.

Seconds are discounted to begin with and during their September both the firsts and seconds are on sale.

Just a couple of notes about the seconds. You have to call in to the factory to enquire about the availability of them and they may not be easy to get if you have an odd size or want a shoe that isn't manufactured a lot.
    Thanks for that. My AE's became seconds and it's actually not noticeable but got a whopping discount from O'Connors because of it.

I'm 7.5D in AE's so it's an odd size.

My size changes depending on the shoe. I'm a 7.5E on the 5 last and an 8D on the 1 last.

Apparently Nordstrom has quite a good sale on AE's during the year as well I just haven't found out exactly when it is.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

+1 for AE. Rocking some Fifth Avenue's right now in walnut.

Top quality leather and also made in USA.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Allen edmunds for dress shoes, love cole hann for casual shoes

My Ride
    2016 Camaro SS convertible

I picked up a pair of Ted Baker Oxford Brogue's, they're a little stiff now but I think once they wear in they'll be quite comfortable. I like them because they seem pretty solid altogether.

I picked up these Johnston & Murphy Tan colored Wingtips for under $200.

I have wide feet, and custom orthodics and these shoes are offered in the wide variety, which fits my orthodics perfectly.

Super comfortable too!

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I'm going to give this a bump from the dead because my knees and hips have been killing me lately. I'm constantly walking to all corners of the core for meetings throughout the day and the constant walking in my dress shoes is killing me.

I'll look into what's been said here but seeing as this thread is 2 years old does any one have any more recent recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Originally posted by schurchill39
    I'm going to give this a bump from the dead because my knees and hips have been killing me lately. I'm constantly walking to all corners of the core for meetings throughout the day and the constant walking in my dress shoes is killing me.

I'll look into what's been said here but seeing as this thread is 2 years old does any one have any more recent recommendations?
    Ya, start doing squats.

Most foot pain is caused by a tight achilles tendon, a tight arch tendon, a tight calf muscle, well, just all around tightness from the hips to the toes.

Provided that you don't have something like heal spurs, and you've tried insoles and different shoes but the pain remains, then you need to do squats to loosen and strengthen every muscle and tendon from the hips down.

Slowly squat all the way down and up, while using both your knees and feet to raise and lower yourself. Do about 10 reps of squats as much as possible.

I went for years with miserable foot and knee pain, and tried every shoe and insole imaginable to no avail. The squatting cleared up the pain, and it was like I was born again.

When your feet hurt, your whole body hurts, including your mind.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

No foot pains at all, just knee and hip pains. I'll try stretching out my legs and calves some more though
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bump. Need a couple pairs of "casual" dress shoes. Thinking derbys. Who likes what these days? I'll be in Houston and Denver soon so can be USA stores as well. Need somewhere that can help find the right fit, I've been in sneakers so long I have no idea what I need. Price-wise I'm looking at Allan Edmonds and cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Big fan of Ecco shoes.

- Johnston and Murphy
    - Cole Haan
    - ecco (as above)

My Ride
    VAG products

Cole Haan +1

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Can’t go wrong with Ecco
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

If you're getting Cole Haan, visit a Nordstrom rack. Even the one we have here has them on pretty solid discounts.

On a related note, hows the quality on Cole Haan? I haven't owned a pair of those since about 5 years ago, and am interested to see if they're still decent.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    If you're getting Cole Haan, visit a Nordstrom rack. Even the one we have here has them on pretty solid discounts.

On a related note, hows the quality on Cole Haan? I haven't owned a pair of those since about 5 years ago, and am interested to see if they're still decent.
    Cole Haan nowadays is good for what it is and their soles are just re-jigged Nike technology (Lunarlon) so it's comfy.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Cole Haan nowadays is good for what it is and their soles are just re-jigged Nike technology (Lunarlon) so it's comfy.
    Yeah for actual dress shoes, my current are all Magnanni or Prada (highly recommend Magnanni, both pairs I have are very comfortable and so far seem to be quite well made). I'm moreso wondering about the friday-wear. Something classier than Vans, but only just. haha

My Ride
    TRD Pro

This winter I bought a set of cheap dress shoes (Stacey Adams I believe) from the Bay as I didnt want to wreck my good shoes and wanted rubber soles.. I was a little surprised to find out they were actually more comfortable than my AE's! The stock gel insole made a big difference. Quality certainly isnt up to par, but for a winter use shoes I was thoroughly impressed.
    Last edited by R-Audi; 08-12-2019 at 03:36 PM.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Bump. Need a couple pairs of "casual" dress shoes. Thinking derbys. Who likes what these days? I'll be in Houston and Denver soon so can be USA stores as well. Need somewhere that can help find the right fit, I've been in sneakers so long I have no idea what I need. Price-wise I'm looking at Allan Edmonds and cheaper.
    Go to the Allen Edmunds store in City Center, Houston. They always had some pairs on sale for $199-299USD depending on which line.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    This winter I bought a set of cheap dress shoes (Stacey Adams I believe) from the Bay as I didnt want to wreck my good shoes and wanted rubber soles.. I was a little surprised to find out they were actually more comfortable than my AE's! The stock gel insole made a big difference. Quality certainly isnt up to par, but for a winter use shoes I was thoroughly impressed.

That's the ironic thing about dress shoes. The more expensive they are, the less comfortable they are. A cheap pair of Aldo's will be fine all night, my 300$ Cole Haan's will leave me with blisters in a few hours.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast