Quantcast
Fashion Watches - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion Watches

My Ride
    i-VTEC

Anybody know if Gucci timepieces any good?

Built On Self Success

Last edited by Cos; 12-31-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by EG6boi
    Anybody know if Gucci timepieces any good?

Originally posted by Cos

They are a dress watch. You pay that much for the Gucci name. It shouldnt break but there isnt anything amazing about it except the name, the big G, and the colours.
    Yep, basically. They aren't a bad watch, but there's nothing about them that's really amazing. You are absolutely paying for a brand.

In my opinion what defines a watch is the mechanics inside. The Hammy I just bought uses the new H21 movement, and that's pretty cool. The style is also quite nice, and I don't feel like I'm paying for the name "Hamilton".

I bet if you strapped Gucci's name on it the MSRP would be $2,500+.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Gucci is considered a fashion watch brand, but for the price I don't think they're really all that bad. It's not like they're charging thousands of dollars for any ol' quartz movement. I would put their more expensive pieces somewhere near the level of a Tag Formula 1 and would much sooner buy a Gucci watch than something like a Lum-Tec. They can range anywhere from low hundreds of dollars to low thousands of dollars. If you step up and pay more, you will get a 7750. I think they're reasonably priced for what you end up getting.
    Last edited by ga16i; 11-27-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

I believe someone before told me that a Gucci watch is a dressed up fossil watch? I don't know if any gurus can confirm that or not

My Ride

Originally posted by colinxx235
    I believe someone before told me that a Gucci watch is a dressed up fossil watch? I don't know if any gurus can confirm that or not
    I don't know about that, but that IS the case with Michael Kors watches...

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by ga16i
    would much sooner buy a Gucci watch than something like a Lum-Tec.
    im confused with this statement. why? i know i wouldnt, clearly since i have a Lum-Tec and wouldnt touch a Gucci.

My Ride

Yeah, fossil does manufacture certain "designer" brands such as Michael Kors. Not sure if Gucci was ever manufactured by fossil, but it doesn't look that way currently.

The Company also creates fashion accessories for a number of other owned and licensed brands including MICHELE, Zodiac, Relic, Emporio Armani, DKNY, Armani Exchange, Michael Kors, Diesel, Burberry, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Adidas, Skagen Denmark, and Karl Lagerfeld.
    fossil about us page
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    X3

That's not true. Gucci makes its own watches in its factory in Switzerland using Ronda and ETA movements.

^

awesome thank you, I was always wondering about that.

@A790 yah I was 100% sure about the Michael Kors ones, I always find it funny with the girls who have them.

Regardless I just stick to my Tag Carrera until I find something that will catch my eye to switch up the daily

My Ride

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

im confused with this statement. why? i know i wouldnt, clearly since i have a Lum-Tec and wouldnt touch a Gucci.
    Not saying Lum Tec is shit, but personally Lum Tec's aren't my thing. I crudely lump watches into fashion watches as ones I buy for looks and "interesting" watches as ones I buy for other reasons such as materials, movement, heritage, etc.

Fashion wise I don't like the crap-ton of lume philosophy without it being on a known dive watch company like Seiko, Doxa or Rolex, etc with an appropriate diver rating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark

Movement, material, and heritage wise, I think we can agree that Lum Tec lacks the heritage and cachet to command $1000+ for a standard 2824-2 watch, a Hamilton with the same movement can be far less expensive. If you spend roughly the same money on a Gucci watch, you'd end up with a similar if not the same movement, but with the Gucci name which people know a lot more than Lum Tec.

http://www.lum-tec.com/about-lumtec/?___store=lumtec_en

Looks to be a family business run out of the US. It's also confusing to me as to the origins of the watch. I know some of them say swiss made in the pictures, so is that at their Swiss facility? Thought it was a small shop out of the US.

I guess for me it boils down to me not thinking that Lum Tec's are worth the price they're asking for what I would receive. Given a very similar product, I would go with the one with a more prestigious sounding brand.

My Ride

@A790 yah I was 100% sure about the Michael Kors ones, I always find it funny with the girls who have them.
    My fiance is obsessed with getting a Michael Kors watch. It's pretty hilarious actually. She doesn't care that it's really a Fossil, it's the look she's going for apparently.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Vintage Gucci timepieces can't be beat. My mom has a rare set now with interchangable bezels and it's still ticking well.

I wouldn't spend that much on one of them now but that's just me. I'd rather go for other brands.

Plus, Gucci is a gangster brand.

My Ride
    changes every year

Lum-Tec is an up and coming "new" brand. i think they are only going to get better with time. im the type of guy that likes class and style and not bling and Lum-Tec is just that. Gucci, to me, is for brown people and asians, not for the whites(no racist just stereotypical lol)

they hardly ever have any good looking classy watches, they are almost always blinged out and way over priced and played out IMO. their movements arent bad, but for the price, the Lum-Tecs kick their ass and other well known brands as well.

plus i like the fact that not many people know what Lum-Tec is and its a little scarce.
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 11-27-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Originally posted by flipstah
    Vintage Gucci timepieces can't be beat. My mom has a rare set now with interchangable bezels and it's still ticking well.

I wouldn't spend that much on one of them now but that's just me. I'd rather go for other brands.

Lol why is gucci a gangster brand?

Thug over here then

My Ride
    Exploded.

Lol why is gucci a gangster brand?

Thug over here then
    Lol all I see with Gucci are sported by:

- Asians that don't know colors exist other than black, brown, gray, green, and red.

- Brown people who wear Afflicted shirts and that bloody brown Gucci hat.

^

But I'm white , so lost and confused

J/k, I do have a gucci leather wallet with the green/red down the bottom.

And a black belt, but you actually can't even tell its gucci, doesn't have the massive G's buckles or the G's all around the leather/fabric.

My Ride
    Exploded.

^

But I'm white , so lost and confused

J/k, I do have a gucci leather wallet with the green/red down the bottom.

And a black belt, but you actually can't even tell its gucci, doesn't have the massive G's buckles or the G's all around the leather/fabric.
    That's okay; white people are exempt to this rule.

They're the reason why 'luxury' exist in the world.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by flipstah

So...at my office there's 40-something year old contracts analyst from the SCM group...he's been sportin' a new Gucci watch that his wife bought him recently. I guess he must be livin' the thug life pretty hard, eh? Analyst by day...straight gangster by night, right?

Can you tell me which street gang has "green and grey argyle sweater vests" as their colours, so that I may report him to the proper district authorities?
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yes yes, I'm stereotyping...

what's done is done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast