Quantcast
Share your home - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your home

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by G

Not that hard if you have next to no mortgage on an average house in the SW. Sell current home for 600k+, get an average Calgary mortgage, bam...1.2 million home....really depends what you want in life. Some think a house is important while others think having cash is....to each their own. If you don't have a house prior to boom...go to step two...realtor or dentist or ib.
    Fine and dandy, but we are taking 30 year olds driving $80-150k vehicles, taking $10k vacations every year, wearing $10k watches.

All while paying down a mortgage to zero and then buying a million plus home, and dropping another $200k in landscaping, furnishings, etc.

....and still driving their fancy cars, taking fancy vacations, and living "the life".

I'm so jealous! LOL, how do they do it?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Smart real estate decisions and some luck.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by msommers
    Smart real estate decisions and some luck.

Riiiiight. LOL

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Can someone do this, and then allow me to live with you?

Crazy rooms gallery

Originally posted by 89coupe

Fine and dandy, but we are taking 30 year olds driving $80-150k vehicles, taking $10k vacations every year, wearing $10k watches.

All while paying down a mortgage to zero and then buying a million plus home, and dropping another $200k in landscaping, furnishings, etc.

....and still driving their fancy cars, taking fancy vacations, and living "the life".

With the exception of spending some money on cars, I save/spend every cent on my family. I built my home for my wife and 2 (soon to be 3) kids. My best memories growing up were at home with my family. I created a home that was super conducive to doing things together. Some people spend their money on watches, shoes, perhaps other fine things. I choose to spend my hard earned income on my home. I will say, its important not to live outside of your means. At the end of the day, financial stress will never help achieve overall happiness.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Skateboard

hahah I am jelly too but I admire those who truly afford this lifestyle for example,

1)Top 1% Realtors make a shitload.
    2)Dentist need I say more
    3)I'm sure there is a IB on here...my buddy works at First and makes $300k before bonus.
    4)MBA couple with multiple revenue properties and a smart head on his shoulders

There is a lot of money out there..you and I are just old school and can't believe people are willing to spend that much on material things.
    Last edited by G; 12-11-2012 at 02:50 PM.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Here is some of it!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Architect?
    Architects don't make enough bank to live in a house like that

I'm afraid to post my shanty house now haha

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by VWEvo

With the exception of spending some money on cars, I save/spend every cent on my family. I built my home for my wife and 2 (soon to be 3) kids. My best memories growing up were at home with my family. I created a home that was super conducive to doing things together. Some people spend their money on watches, shoes, perhaps other fine things. I choose to spend my hard earned income on my home. I will say, its important not to live outside of your means. At the end of the day, financial stress will never help achieve overall happiness.
    You live right beside my buddy I believe. Do you drive a black 550?

I live just up the hill from you, I think.

Do you live in a culdesac?

My buddy drives the dark blue M3 with the HRE's and aftermarket exhaust, that I'm sure you hear everyday, haha.
    Last edited by 89coupe; 12-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Can someone please load these pictures on to beyond, I can't do it having trouble. I will PM them!

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

I dont think you would be jealous if you truly saw how much I really work. I have no assistant, I work almost 16 hours a day, when iam at home, I have a computer in front of me sending out emails, I have no social life that doesnt involve some sort of networking, Ive been on the verge of divorce a handful of times cause my job is so comsuming. I do take expensive vacations (10k) but thats for 4 people and I only do that once a year. Iam very frugle when it comes to spending money on things that dont make me money in a direct or non direct way. I dont drink, smoke not have an expensive watch hobby.

This might make you feel alot better...My new mortgage will be 7 figures.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by JordanLotoski

I dont think you would be jealous if you truly saw how much I really work. I have no assistant, I work almost 16 hours a day, when iam at home, I have a computer in front of me sending out emails, I have no social life that doesnt involve some sort of networking, Ive been on the verge of divorce a handful of times cause my job is so comsuming. I do take expensive vacations (10k) but thats for 4 people and I only do that once a year. Iam very frugle when it comes to spending money on things that dont make me money in a direct or non direct way. I dont drink, smoke not have an expensive watch hobby.

This might make you feel alot better...My new mortgage will be 7 figures.
    Yeah I figured you for a workaholic. You are right, I don't envy that, haha.

Anyone else care to share? Haha

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Workaholic. Multiple streams of income. That's about it. I paid down my mortgage before I went all out on dumb shit (cars and watches, partying). My priorities were a little backwards, I don't have a million dollar house (550k at best), Jordan makes fun of me for living in that house for so long lol. Other than garage space, the house is all the room I need. Of course, now that I'm growing up, a bachelor's pad isn't a great home for a family. My gf has done a great job of converting the famous party house to an actual home.

You definately don't need a million dollar salary to buy these homes. I haven't hit the million dollar tax year yet (although I did come close 2 years ago), and I was easily able to qualify for a 7 figure mortgage. Borrowing money seems to be easy these days. I'd say you can get away mortgaging a $1m house with a 150k salary with 10 or 20% down.

I don't like to be in debt. I almost bought another house this year, targetting under 1 mil, but it didn't work out. Even though I could qualify for a mortgage that can get me a $2m+ home if I sold my house, I dont like being so stretched for my finances so I don't plan on getting anything really over $1m. Plus I'm Asian, so if my family needs financial help, I need to step up to the plate.

Hard work, live within your means, don't pay too much interest.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

Originally posted by rage2

Plus I'm Asian, so if my family needs financial help, I need to step up to the plate.
    So I can quit my job then?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by [GaGe]

So I can quit my job then?
    Have you paid him back for the wrecked Merc yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    none

Here's mine. Moved in this summer. 2050sq 2 bed "bungalow" but they had to drop the front to meet some community spec. 1200sq 4 car garage, 38 x 32 with 12 foot ceiling. Nothing over the top for finishing, but good space.

Front

Kitchen

Basement

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by JudasJimmy
    Here's mine. Moved in this summer. 2050sq 2 bed "bungalow" but they had to drop the front to meet some community spec. 1200sq 4 car garage, 38 x 32 with 12 foot ceiling. Nothing over the top for finishing, but good space.

Front

Kitchen

Basement
    Holy basement! Calgary?

My Ride
    none

Holy basement! Calgary?
    Yup, 3 min north of you. Same guy build my fence this summer.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by JudasJimmy

Yup, 3 min north of you. Same guy build my fence this summer.
    Aspen or Wentworth?

Haha, too funny.

You live right beside my buddy I believe. Do you drive a black 550?

I live just up the hill from you, I think.

Do you live in a culdesac?

My buddy drives the dark blue M3 with the HRE's and aftermarket exhaust, that I'm sure you hear everyday, haha.
    I was renting that house, and yes I very much remember that sweet M3. We have since moved in with my parents until our residence is complete in March. Great area!!
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast