Quantcast
CPS PACT Team - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CPS PACT Team

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Default CPS PACT Team

Good video if you have 10 minutes to spare, gives you another perspective on Calgary streets. ****some swearing *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuD9WBo8X00&sns=em

Awesome video, really illustrates a lot of the problems with what's wrong with our society and how people love to abuse the system.
    asdf

My Ride
    AWOL

Some would argue that the system is the abuse...

i never would've expected CPS to hire a punk rock chick!

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by FixedGear
    i never would've expected CPS to hire a punk rock chick!
    She's hired and employed by alberta health sevices.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

The whole concept of the brute force coupled with medical health pros is just laughable, you don't need a medical health pro driving around with cops.

It's laughable to think that CPS need a medical health pro to ride around with them and inform them that the lady with her pants down flopping on the floor and doing jumping jacks naked in the middle of downtown has mental health issues.

I wonder what their plan is, is it to provide free mental health support for every homeless person in Calgary with issues?

Sounds like a really well thought out program with no costs associated with it...No possible way this could backfire..
    With twice the man power, and a medical health pro that makes a higher wage than the cop she is tasked with helping, and a treatment center that has much higher running costs than a jail cell.

I wonder what big pharma company is sponsoring this? Just think how many homeless people will be saved by their alcohol addiction and given a pharma prescription to get addicted to?
    Bipolar pills for everyone!
    Fuck, what an easy fix, we can solve all mental health issues in society by prescribing pills for people to take for the rest of their life which will probably kill them prematurely or increase their need for medical care.

The person who needs medical health treatment is the person who thought they could solve a major social problem by employing a more expensive resource to join an already failing system in attempts to solve the problem.

Take your pills and get back to work little sheep!

Here is a handful of pills to solve all your personal problems, please hurry and take them so we can send you back into society drugged up and reliant on pills not to go on a violent rampage. We must hurry you along because we've got to make room for the next batch that CPS has just brought in.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-03-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Solution: Close the DT homeless shelter. Build a new one by the Tsuu Tina or Sarcee reserve (right next door) with no transit system in effect. 2 birds with 1 stone.

Why do some people think it is acceptable for individuals to act like this and waste our tax payer $$. We are way to tolerant as a society.

Originally posted by Modelexis
    The whole concept of the brute force coupled with medical health pros is just laughable, you don't need a medical health pro driving around with cops.

It's laughable to think that CPS need a medical health pro to ride around with them and inform them that the lady with her pants down flopping on the floor and doing jumping jacks naked in the middle of downtown has mental health issues.
    You're right, it would be much better to have such people dealt with exclusively by "brute force" from when they're picked up until they're dropped off in jail.

I wonder what their plan is, is it to provide free mental health support for every homeless person in Calgary with issues?
    Something that is covered by Alberta Health anyways? How ballsy of them.

Sounds like a really well thought out program with no costs associated with it...No possible way this could backfire..
    With twice the man power, and a medical health pro that makes a higher wage than the cop she is tasked with helping, and a treatment center that has much higher running costs than a jail cell.
    I'm sure the medical health pro was unemployed before this thing started. Definitely a double-up on cost there. Same with those treatment centers that didn't exist and have sunken costs already.

I wonder what big pharma company is sponsoring this? Just think how many homeless people will be saved by their alcohol addiction and given a pharma prescription to get addicted to?
    If it's sponsored by Big Pharma than the costs you were bitching about two seconds ago don't seem that big a deal, do they?

The person who needs medical health treatment is the person who thought they could solve a major social problem by employing a more expensive resource to join an already failing system in attempts to solve the problem.
    As usual you don't know what you're talking about.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Fuck, what an easy fix, we can solve all mental health issues in society by prescribing pills for people to take for the rest of their life which will probably kill them prematurely or increase their need for medical care.

Take your pills and get back to work little sheep!
    I don't think it's as black and white as this. My gf just finished a rotation in the Mental Health Ward downtown and it was more the delusional and bi-polors that were difficult to deal with. Not just drunk homeless people floundering on the streets.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

If medical health has enough free resources to send their employees out on the street tending to homeless people why do they need CPS to do this? Why do they have to wait until there is a violent threat before they can offer treatment?

If they have so much free time why don't they troll around the shelters instead of waiting for a police report?

You're right JUD, she already had a job, and now she is doing a different job and they will have to hire someone to fill her previous position, holy cow that's complicated and hard to understand hey?

@7thgenvic
    I never said the issue was black and white, I was actually making fun of the fact that CPS thinks this issue is black and white enough to just toss some health pro in a squad car and solve mental health problems while a cop has his boot on some kids neck.

"we think you might have a mental health issue, do you want to stay in a cage all night or do you want to hang out with the punk rock girl in a nice bed and escape in the morning?"
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-03-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The drop out shelter should have a cell block in the basement and a few CPS on staff.

The sad thing is that some of these people are not rehabitable, they are that far gone - thats where the system really fails.

What do we do with those members of society who are uncontributing, cant take care of themselves YET refuse to get help and end up in a cell block for 24 hours every week for trivial issues??

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by revelations
    The drop out shelter should have a cell block in the basement and a few CPS on staff.

The sad thing is that some of these people are not rehabitable, they are that far gone - thats where the system really fails.

What do we do with those members of society who are uncontributing, cant take care of themselves YET refuse to get help and end up in a cell block for 24 hours every week for trivial issues??
    Before shelters came in vogue, they joined the Army, there wasn't anywhere else for them to go.. Free room and board, and a little discipline.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Modelexis, can anyone treat YOUR mental illness? Personally, I could care less if it were done by big pharma or a boot on the back of your neck. You could likely benefit from a bit of each.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

If medical health has enough free resources to send their employees out on the street tending to homeless people why do they need CPS to do this? Why do they have to wait until there is a violent threat before they can offer treatment?
    Because these aren't people who are likely to walk into a health care facility voluntarily. As the video showed, the CPS deals with them on a regular basis and now are pairing with AHS to find a way to treat them. They travel with the police because not all 'crazy' homeless people breaking the law are actually suffering from any kind of mental health issue and because the situations can be dangerous when they do come across them.

If they have so much free time why don't they troll around the shelters instead of waiting for a police report?
    They do. They also have to wait for police reports. They also wait around for people to come in voluntarily or who are brought in by family or who are required to come in via the courts etc.

You're right JUD, she already had a job, and now she is doing a different job and they will have to hire someone to fill her previous position, holy cow that's complicated and hard to understand hey?

If there's anything that AHS is known for, it is abandoning shift work. You probably think that because nurses go to schools to administer vaccines that AHS hires new nurses to replace them.

I never said the issue was black and white, I was actually making fun of the fact that CPS thinks this issue is black and white enough to just toss some health pro in a squad car and solve mental health problems while a cop has his boot on some kids neck.
    So what's your 'grey area' solution? The CPS has realized that the homeless issue as it relates to crime is very complex and bringing in the aid of "some health pro" may help in reducing the costs of total crime fighting as well as helping those involved yet you claim they're treating this as "black and white". What is black and white about it? They've seen that their traditional methods can be improved by tackling the situation in a different way and has yielded some positive early results. How is their assessment of the situation treating it as black and white?

BTW, I never said the issue was black and white, I was actually making fun of the fact that CPS thinks this issue is black and white...can you not see just how stupid this sentence is?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Maxt

Before shelters came in vogue, they joined the Army, there wasn't anywhere else for them to go.. Free room and board, and a little discipline.
    Or before everything became PC and pussified, for the truly mentally ill, there were places like the Michener Centre (all now but closed) in Red Deer that was used to house and care for these people. Unfortunately, it was seen as "inhumane", so they were basically all put out on the streets or the gov "tried" to put them in homes (requiring WAY more resources, but I digress).

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

If there's anything that AHS is known for, it is abandoning shift work. You probably think that because nurses go to schools to administer vaccines that AHS hires new nurses to replace them.

If there was no program for school administration of vaccines and tomorrow they began a brand new program for said cause, this would shift resources away from the current workload of the organization and they would have to find a way to step up their manpower.
    It all takes manpower, and there is a finite amount of budgeted man power available and there is an already high demand to healthcare without the need to go out looking for it.

$16 billion per year is a lot of resources that can quickly become wasted if you're not careful where you spend your efforts.

... for homelessness?

$110 million to address homelessness in Alberta, including outreach support services, housing for about 1,800 homeless and more than 3,100 emergency / transitional shelter spaces.
    A new Interagency Council on Homelessness will lead the implementation of the 10-year plan to end homelessness in Alberta.
    How many hundreds of millions of dollars are going to be spent on people without homes per year?

Does anyone actually believe a government can solve homelessness in alberta in 10 years?

Just look at how well the government has handled any other social problem, violence on reserves, drug violence etc.
    Complete failures.

It's still legal to hit children in Canada, we have a long way to go in understanding mental health problems.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-03-2012 at 11:06 PM.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I still can't get over the east village. No true Calgarian would purchase there in their right mind. This program is probably pressure from developers to qualm the riff raff around the east village.

So Modelexis, what is your solution?

I remember having a chat with an ems guy that worked downtown a few years ago that my wife knew. He told me that some they did a study and had a top 10 of guys that cost the system over a million dollars a year in man hours and facility costs a year. He explained providing a apartment and in home care for these guys costs around $100,000 a year, so a tenfold reduct in cost in care.

Makes sense to me.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I don't have a solution.

If we stop reloading the cannon full of cash and firing at the homeless shelters we might actually have to look for a real solution.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-03-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Easy to toss peanuts eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast