Message Centre
    Unlimited Canada minutes
    Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
    Call Waiting, Conference Calling

30% Corporate Discount

$42.44/month

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Koodo 48$ / 6gb + unlimited talk and text in Canada is what I've had for a while and love it. Saw the 60/10gb plans for christmas but ive never gone over so not worth it for my usage.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Tried to get a Pixel 2 XL yesterday and got the run-around. When I signed up I was told I could get a new phone through their tab system, so I opted to deal with it later.

I go in yesterday and outright the guy says no way sorry, it's a BYOD plan. I call Koodo and after the rep checks with his supervisor, they say actually yes but Medium Tab (not Large as I thought) and to go online, through the cart and easy peazy. Go online only for there to be no way to process it.

Call Koodo back again and this time I get someone from retentions who says there is absolutely no way to do it. But said there is kind of a work around to go get another phone plan and cancel it the same day.

After checking online, this seems like a bigger headache than it first sounded like, with my account potentially being flagged (for what I really don't know).

Seems like buying a brand new or used XL is the only way to make this work with somewhat ease.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I hopped on the $60/10GB BYOD plan around Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried to get a Pixel 2 XL yesterday and got the run-around. When I signed up I was told I could get a new phone through their tab system, so I opted to deal with it later.

I go in yesterday and outright the guy says no way sorry, it's a BYOD plan. I call Koodo and after the rep checks with his supervisor, they say actually yes but Medium Tab (not Large as I thought) and to go online, through the cart and easy peazy. Go online only for there to be no way to process it.

Call Koodo back again and this time I get someone from retentions who says there is absolutely no way to do it. But said there is kind of a work around to go get another phone plan and cancel it the same day.

After checking online, this seems like a bigger headache than it first sounded like, with my account potentially being flagged (for what I really don't know).

Seems like buying a brand new or used XL is the only way to make this work with somewhat ease.
    It may be best to just bite the bullet once and buy the phone outright if you can. After that it is only $400-500/yr or so to maintain the best hardware year-over-year (selling the old one), and not only will you always have warranty, but you can enjoy the savings of the BYOD plans or forever retain an amazing promotional or retention plan if you find one. Google also extended the Pixel 2 XL easy replacement warranty to 2 years, so if you keep your phones longer than one year, it's a really nice perk. Buying from the Play Store is always best with Google products if it makes sense for your situation.

Or buy mine in October haha Or just wait until October and get the Pixel XL 3, since you're already half way there and phone cycles are so short.

My Ride
    M3P

I switched to that Bell plan 10GB yadda yadda yadda from Rogers because they wouldn't match it at the time.

They called me yesterday and asked what my plan was. When it old them they tried to offer me less for more to come back. Rogers is fucking stupid lol

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I switched to that Bell plan 10GB yadda yadda yadda from Rogers because they wouldn't match it at the time.

They called me yesterday and asked what my plan was. When it old them they tried to offer me less for more to come back. Rogers is fucking stupid lol
    I've had the same thing - they try to entice you with less for more haha. I am guessing they just have to ask as per their job, and know full well that you are going to turn it down. Regardless, as you say it is pretty stupid.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Mark maybe you're right I'll just wait until Pixel 2 XL's are discounted lol.

$1,300 for a phone right now (well flagship phone to be fair). Seems insane times.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Mark maybe you're right I'll just wait until Pixel 2 XL's are discounted lol.

$1,300 for a phone right now (well flagship phone to be fair). Seems insane times.
    Indeed, they are very expensive - I have my ways of justifying them to myself haha. They are $50 off right now ($1,109) if that helps any. I think you still get the free Google Home Mini with it too.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Bump.

Any decent <= $50 plans right now? Thinking of leaving Freedom. They're losing any appeal they once had now that they've gotten rid of their US roaming plan and it's been a pain in the ass having to look for a budget phone that works on their frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Bump.

Any decent <= $50 plans right now? Thinking of leaving Freedom. They're losing any appeal they once had now that they've gotten rid of their US roaming plan and it's been a pain in the ass having to look for a budget phone that works on their frequencies.

Public mobile is probably your best bet. $40 a month for 4.5GB on 3G speeds but that is throttled Lte. Let me know if you want a referral. Price also will go down with auto pay and every year you stay.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Bump.

Cellphoneman (so presumably Koodo) is offering 6gb, unlimited canada wide talk/text for $49. I can't see it getting much better than that, and they have "easy-roam" which should help you with the USA stuff.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by macman64 View Post
    Public mobile is probably your best bet. $40 a month for 4.5GB on 3G speeds but that is throttled Lte. Let me know if you want a referral. Price also will go down with auto pay and every year you stay.
    Right, I forgot About Public Mobile. So it has the same coverage as Telus but speeds are throttled? Any phones that work on Telus will work on Public Mobile as well?

Hmm... That might be the way to go.

Right, I forgot About Public Mobile. So it has the same coverage as Telus but speeds are throttled? Any phones that work on Telus will work on Public Mobile as well?

Hmm... That might be the way to go.
    Yes that is right. They have LTE plans too but not as good of a deal. They limit more advanced features like visual voicemail and voice over LTE but most people don’t need that. Support is non existent, web portal only. I have been on it for almost two years without issue. I’m on a 4gb LTE plan and currently pay around $35 a month.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yes that is right. They have LTE plans too but not as good of a deal. They limit more advanced features like visual voicemail and voice over LTE but most people don’t need that. Support is non existent, web portal only. I have been on it for almost two years without issue. I’m on a 4gb LTE plan and currently pay around $35 a month.
    Yeah, send me a referral code. I still have some reading up to do, but I might end up going for it.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Anyone using public mobile on here? How is it with LTE?
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

Yes see above your post. The full LTE plans are the same as Telus speed I believe. They are on the Telus network. I have had as high as 147 down. That is much higher than norm but speeds haven’t been an issue for me. Let me know if you want a referral.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Yes see above your post. The full LTE plans are the same as Telus speed I believe. They are on the Telus network. I have had as high as 147 down. That is much higher than norm but speeds haven’t been an issue for me. Let me know if you want a referral.
    What does your plan include and what are you paying? I see to get 5gb of LTE data it would cost me $67 a month with public mobile. I called Rogers and ended up getting changed from 2gb to 5gb for the same price ($65 with fee's) , so that's where I'm at for now.
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

Name:  Everywhere59.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  38.9 KB
    Add in the 35% off discount I have and it's $40/mnth for this sucker. 1GB US roaming which is good for trips/google maps.
    Considering I don't go past 2GB/month at home. I don't see getting 10GB or whatever the latest plan is, to be relevant to my needs.

I am at about $35 a month for 4gb of data, province wide calling and unlimited texting voicemail etc. This was the old promo plan. PMs strong point is the throttled plans right now. Take a google for those on the throttled for most users it is fine.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast