Quantcast
Need a little help understanding accounts on my credit report - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need a little help understanding accounts on my credit report

Default Need a little help understanding accounts on my credit report

Anyone firmiliar? I have a few negative things that were paid off, never sent to collections and still show. How do I dispute these items or get them removed? I have a screen shot of my report if needed.
    Originally posted by KRyn
    dub_c how big are your arms?

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

i would need to see the report. feel free to PM me link (perhaps imageshack.us) and I can advise

Source:
    I work at a bank

Call Equifax or Trans-Union and file a dispute. I believe a credit file, whether it is paid of or not shows on your credit file for 6 years.

My Ride
    Audi Q7

Normally you call Equifax to get the report from them(it's free) to initiate the procedure if you are suspecting there are incorrect info or your CB is being abused. They will need your ID(by fax) and you should have it in 2 weeks, then you called them if there are anything finding on the report you believe is incorrect, and they will review and call the related party to investigate it. If you are applying a loan/mortgage, they will fasten the procedure. They will correct the CB after the investigation, have seen many cases like this before. Hope it helps.

My Ride
    Accord

I just checked my report a couple weeks ago, and I found a couple old car loans that had long since been paid off and closed, but they never submitted that I cleared up the ending balance with the credit agencies. For example one was an old loan for a motorcycle that I paid out with an insurance claim, and it had about $1000 still posted as balance on my report. I just called First Calgary and they said they took care of it (I'll request a new report in a month or so to see).

So basically, from what I could figure out, most of these random balances on closed loans are due to the bank closing the account out without submitting that the last balance was cleared up, so you'll have outstanding balance but no late payments. Pretty sure its the loan issuer who'll fix it for you. Also things like cell phones and cable come with pretty massive credit limits, at least in my case.

Frank I deal with TD, canadian_hustla gave me some tips, would you mind giving a second opinion?
    Originally posted by KRyn
    dub_c how big are your arms?

My Ride
    Audi Q7

Originally posted by dub_c
    Frank I deal with TD, canadian_hustla gave me some tips, would you mind giving a second opinion?
    be my guest! please send it to me and would share my personal thoughts. plz block out names or any personal info.