Quantcast
How do i stall 2 amps... baby steps please!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: How do i stall 2 amps... baby steps please!!

Default How do i stall 2 amps... baby steps please!!

I know this question must have been asked but can you help me in babysteps please! i search the net for help and it lead to a thread here.. but the instructions were too hard

I don't know much about this kind of stuff and i watch this guy install my first amp and it looked easy! How do i install another amp to seperated speakers?

Do i hook the second amp to the battery too? what do i use so i don't kill the battery with two amps?

I read something about a Crossover, is that all i need? How do i connect that amp to the second amp? I don't have to have teh second amp connecting to the stero right?

thanks for your help in advance!! Please use easy words to assist me, thanks!!!

specs... I have a jenson 250 watt for my first amp..

My Ride
    VSM EJ8

distrobution block will split ur on epower into 2 or 4 for multiple amps
    pm me i have a couple for sale

My Ride
    Anything Available

It's really quite easy, since your running a Jenson I would'nt worry to much about killing the alternator, and I'm guessing u want to run a smaller amp for mids or 6x9's right?

Ok first thing to do is pull the fuse out of your power wire and then disconnect the 3 wires from your amp, Positive (Red), Negative (Black), and Remote (Blue), then attach some wire to each end, (the same color and gauge if possible) and make sure it's long enough to reach your new amp. Then reconnect them to your original amp so now you'll have wires going in to your amp and out, the ends that are coming out connect to your new amp.

Ok, now you have power, all you need to do now is get some RCA cable splitters and run them to your new amp, and then just connect the speakers and put your fuse back in.

You may want to leave your original Ground wire and run a seperate one for the new amp, a power cap is always a good idea to save your alternator and to avoid the amp or amps from cutting out aswell.

This way will work, but if you want to do it properly, you'll want to pick up a distrobution block from nine8civicSi.

Good luck, hope this helped
    Last edited by NUTZONYOCHIN; 02-14-2004 at 11:21 AM.