Quantcast
new tool store!!!!!!!!!! kms - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new tool store!!!!!!!!!! kms

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by sillysod

Wera, Weidmuller and Phoenix Contact are all made in Germany and used mostly by control electricians. They are amazing terminating screwdrivers and the only ones that the tips don't snap off of easily.

these would be for screw terminals?

i have been using a weidmuller break out board and 2 phoenix contact subd terminal screw boards alot the last year

fuck if i have a screwdriver that is easy to tighten and loosen the screw terminals on the small phoenix boards

kms is basically a cross between house of tools and busybee

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by HO2S

If you go to snap on's web site and look at there screw drivers they say right on the page made in the USA. Im talking real snap on tools bought from a dealer, not the garbage at Costco. Snap on sells a lot of different brands and owns a lot of brands.
    Snap on finance owns my sole, out of all of there tools that I own not a single one says made in china.
    Their claim to fame is made in the USA, That's why a 1/2'' ratchet from Princess Auto is $40 and the snap on one is $200.
    All ask my dealer on Wednesday about it.
    Word. Nothing beats a real quality tool.

I own a lot of cheap shit, they get the job done, but with something snap on in my hand, mmm.

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by legendboy

these would be for screw terminals?

i have been using a weidmuller break out board and 2 phoenix contact subd terminal screw boards alot the last year

fuck if i have a screwdriver that is easy to tighten and loosen the screw terminals on the small phoenix boards

kms is basically a cross between house of tools and busybee
    yeah, you really need to get terminating screwdrivers to work with any of those terminals.

B&E, MRO and Brews all sell one brand or another too. Wera is good but it is the cheapest of the lot. I know most guys use Weidmuller, but my personal fave is the Phoneix Contact ones.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Originally posted by Sentry

Word. Nothing beats a real quality tool.

I own a lot of cheap shit, they get the job done, but with something snap on in my hand, mmm.
    Back many years ago when I was apprentice I had a lot of princess auto and Canadian tire tools. I would break them constantly and or they would screw me over. I found princess auto started to not honor their warranty so I just stopped buying from there. I bought better quality tools that don't break as much and when they do, they will get warrantied.
    I have snap on screw drivers that are over ten years old that get used every day and still don't strip heads. Granted I paid $160 for 6 of them.

Originally posted by sillysod

Wera, Weidmuller and Phoenix Contact are all made in Germany and used mostly by control electricians. They are amazing terminating screwdrivers and the only ones that the tips don't snap off of easily.

Just like Klein makes the best linemans, phillips and big flat-heads, Robertson makes the best square ones, Wera/PC/Weidmuller are the best for precision screwdrivers.

Snap on / MAC screwdrivers suck. They make wrenches though that nobody can touch IMO.
    Wasn't Robertson a type of screw developed in Canada and not a tool brand? - link.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by speedog

Wasn't Robertson a type of screw developed in Canada and not a tool brand? - link.
    Robertson makes good robertsons, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Vmax

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

This set on sale cost me less than one of my snap on screwdrivers. IMHO they are just as good for a fraction of the price.

My Ride
    Lease

Back many years ago when I was apprentice I had a lot of princess auto and Canadian tire tools. I would break them constantly and or they would screw me over. I found princess auto started to not honor their warranty so I just stopped buying from there. I bought better quality tools that don't break as much and when they do, they will get warrantied.
    I have snap on screw drivers that are over ten years old that get used every day and still don't strip heads. Granted I paid $160 for 6 of them.
    I USED to like Princess Auto, and their "no sales is final until you're satisfied" used to get honored all the time until recently they wouldn't fix their pos $1000 pressure washer I got from em 3 years ago.

My Ride
    something green

I pretty much use Klein exclusively in my tool pack, I lose them before I ever wear them out.. The only thing of theirs that I have that sucks is their tool pouch backpack.. Its freakin terrible design if you carry heavy wrenches..
    KMS is a good outlet for Miller stuff.. I have a few of their "hotrod" tools, like joint jigger etc, they are ok, but not for commercial use.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Robertson makes good robertsons, lol.

Originally posted by speedog

Go under products on your link...

Robertson Inc. did develop the screwlox screw, but they also make the screwdriver. Until a few years ago they looked like this:

They have changed the look, but the tips are still the best ones you can get on a square style screwdriver.

Robertson Inc.
    Last edited by sillysod; 12-09-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I buy the cheap shit first and when it breaks I warranty it and take it home. Then buy the Snap-on version for work.

I somehow remembered to ask my dealer about the origins of snap on tools today.

What He said is almost everything that says snap on, on it is made in Canada, USA, or Mexico. The only thing that he could think of that was made in China is their memory savers. All heritage tools (sockets, drivers, wrenches, screw drivers, boxes, extensions, etc ) are all made in north america plain and simple.

Blue point is made in China, but snap on owns the factory so they can control the quality.

The snap on tools that you can buy at Costco are not actually snap on. A bunch of years ago they wanted to get into the diy market. Snap on sold their franchise name rights to a other tool maker. Apparently this decision has been greatly regretted. The contract is up for renewal in 2014, snap on will not be renewing it. If you have Costco tools you cannot go to a actual dealer to warranty them because snap on does not view them as their tools.

So yes, snap on makes their own screw drivers in north america.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2