Quantcast
Why are cops such A-holes ? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are cops such A-holes ?

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
    Now for Mr " i got a ticket for 11km over". Plain and simple, no you didnt!!. Even "other cops" would laugh at any cop writing that ticket.
    That is not true at all.

I know two separate people who have received 11 over tickets. I was in the car for one of them when a friend of mine got pulled over for doing 11 over (91 in an 80 zone) on 37th street SW (the part that is a 4-lane divided highway!!). That was/is his first and only speeding ticket ever in the 11 years he's been driving. Absolutely no other reason to be pulled over, it was the middle of summer, his car was clean, no broken headlights, etc. Yes, he was technically speeding, but saying you don't get tickets for 11 over is definitely wrong. He was a new driver at the time, generally quite paranoid about following the speed limit, 2 hands on the wheel at all times, etc.

Oh, and it definitely was not a reduced speed for being nice. He was doing 80-steady, crested the hill, his speed crept up to around 90, and then he got pulled over. I can say with 100% certainty it wasn't a "20 over but I'll be nice and make it 11" situation.

The second one was a member of my family doing 61 in a 50 zone. She also never speeds by much, and said she was doing 60, and I have no reason to doubt that.

Sure, maybe all his cop buddies laughed at him, but that doesn't change the fact that CPS gives out tickets for 11 over.

I've personally got tickets for 13 over and 19 over, neither of which were reductions of any kind.

As for the CPS and RCMP I know personally, they tell me that *generally* they don't pull over unless it's over 20 km/h over the speed limit, which is probably the norm but by no means the rule.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Ya I have definitely seen a few people get tickets for 11 over... the 1 over one is complete BS though, your co-worker was originally gunned at a higher speed, I guarantee it.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I got hugely lucky on the officer discretion thing.

Pulled over with the following:

- 73kph in a 50kph zone
    - No seatblet
    - No mudflaps and tires past fenders
    - Pink card was expired (new one was at home)

Cop comes back to my window and asks me what I'm going to do differently from now on. I tell him I'm going to wear my seatbelt, slow down, order some mudflaps and put my current pink card in the truck. I walked away with a speeding ticket.

He also thought it was kind of funny that by the time he came up to my window I had the truck off and my hands on top of the wheel, the first words out of his mouth were "Relax, this isn't the states, I'm not going to shoot you".
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

traffic cops are extremely temperamental and it's easy to set them off. When I was 15 some traffic cop pulled me over for jay walking, didn't have ID at the time and me being naive I thought I didn't have to give my name; ended up hand-cuffed for "obstruction of justice" as my whole school was walking by with the cop laughing his ass off. Idiot tried to hid the fact that he lost the keys to the handcuffs but it was painfully obvious from the fact that he was looking around his belt and we then started waiting for 30 minutes on the side of the road for another cop car. Got even better when the guy phoned my mom to make sure I don't hate cops and started harassing her trying to justify himself by saying he thought I was a drug dealer. Guy even wanted to meet with me to explain himself, but I wanted none of it by that point.

They've definitely put the cream of the crop in the traffic division. All I've learned is to nod but don't admit you did anything, present ID and then go to the justice of the peace to get the ticket reduced to the minimum or fight it if there is an error on the ticket. As for the 11 over thing I've definitely gotten a few tickets come up for 11 and I know I was going faster, I don't know anyone who's gotten an actual ticket for 1 over but I know I've gotten it reduced to that amount with some bullshit argument about "calibrating red light cameras".
    Last edited by Kramerica; 12-10-2012 at 11:08 AM.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by Kramerica
    traffic cops are extremely temperamental and it's easy to set them off. When I was 15 some traffic cop pulled me over for jay walking, didn't have ID at the time and me being naive I thought I didn't have to give my name; ended up hand-cuffed for "obstruction of justice" as my whole school was walking by with the cop laughing his ass off. Idiot tried to hid the fact that he lost the keys to the handcuffs but it was painfully obvious from the fact that he was looking around his belt and we then started waiting for 30 minutes on the side of the road for another cop car. Got even better when the guy phoned my mom to make sure I don't hate cops and started harassing her trying to justify himself by saying he thought I was a drug dealer. Guy even wanted to meet with me to explain himself, but I wanted none of it by that point.

They've definitely put the cream of the crop in the traffic division. All I've learned is to nod but don't admit you did anything, present ID and then go to the justice of the peace to get the ticket reduced to the minimum or fight it if there is an error on the ticket. As for the 11 over thing I've definitely gotten a few tickets come up for 11 and I know I was going faster, I don't know anyone who's gotten an actual ticket for 1 over but I know I've gotten it reduced to that amount with some bullshit argument about "calibrating red light cameras".
    Not being rude. But did you even read my post about " traffic cops" ?

Not being rude. But did you even read my post about " traffic cops" ?
    I did, but my personal experience contradicts it so I thought I'd share it. I'm not saying that all traffic cops are bad or even incompetent, but I can't say that every one I've come across have seemed like the best of the best. I do know that I probably get less of a break because of the car I drive during the summer but the guy who arrested me for jaywalking has always left a negative impression on me. Now I probably would've handled it differently and I did escalate the situation (even if it was by accident).

My Ride
    '16 Sportwagen

The famous " even other cops hate the traffic cops" line. News Flash guys..... They are one in the same!. The traffic section has a yearly competition, officers from across the service can apply to work in traffic. Now despite what you have seen on TV, or heard from " my brothers best friends, sisters, dad is a cop", the competition is stiff, requiring above average staff reports, interviews, etc. The Traffic section is a speciality unit of the CPS. Generally only 4 positions available. These positions are replacing the guys leaving to go back to the street!!!
    My Uncle (CPS) - Hates traffic cops.
    My cousin (CPS) - Hates traffic cops.
    Another cousin (CPS) - Hates traffic cops.
    Last edited by YamahaV8; 12-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

You guys make me laugh. You bitch about the traffic cops, and how much better the cops are in the South, or the famous " even other cops hate the traffic cops" line. News Flash guys..... They are one in the same!. The traffic section has a yearly competition, officers from across the service can apply to work in traffic. Now despite what you have seen on TV, or heard from " my brothers best friends, sisters, dad is a cop", the competition is stiff, requiring above average staff reports, interviews, etc. The Traffic section is a speciality unit of the CPS. Generally only 4 positions available. These positions are replacing the guys leaving to go back to the street!!!.

Now for Mr " i got a ticket for 11km over". Plain and simple, no you didnt!!. Even "other cops" would laugh at any cop writing that ticket.

And finally........many of you hit the nail on the head. If you got 3 tickets, then you wrote the last 2 yourself by being mouthy. Is this justified?. Prob not. But its easier to give a mouthpiece a mitt load of tickets, rather than the decent guy who mans up, and owns it.
    I respectfully disagree with some of that. One of my regular riding buddies over the last ten years is a long serving officer, was military before that, and is one of the most "by the book" guys you'll find (other than obvious common sense decisions). He'll be the FIRST to tell you that most traffic detail guys are assholes and it's hardly the "place to be" for the cops who became cops to help people. He'll be the first to tell you that most of the guys who excel at and love traffic detail are, coincidentally enough, not the most popular guys around the house. Granted, it's not with CPS but that would really be splitting hairs as far as I am concerned....certain jobs attract certain types of people, that's just common sense. Does that mean ALL are that way? Of course not. But it would seem that the ratio is higher one way than the other.

I haven't been pulled over in YEARS but regardless, the only time I have ever been on the "getting off easy" side of a ticket was with RCMP. Not once has a city cop of any kind been even half reasonable on a traffic violation and I have treated every single one the same way. Further to that, I am ALWAYS respectul when pulled over and always have been. That is because although I do not agree with a lot of Police tactics, I respect them as a whole and I'm pretty sure I have never said anything to contradict that position.

We could argue back and forth all day but it's just one guys opinion over another. Obviously you're a lot closer to the environment (duh!) but that also can give you a biased view of how you perceive the world. I fully expect that you, personally, likely are the kind of officer who does display discretion based on attitude and "real world". The majority of your posts here generally display that kind of sentiment.

I'm just saying all that so you understand that it's not all just "bitching and whining" from idiots that hate police. Sometimes you have to try and remember to take that filter off and see a situation without those preconceived perceptions. Honestly, if you could do it all the time then you're a better man than me. I see clearly how difficult it would be to constantly be the butt of all the shit that is thrown at you at work and not begin to view things a certain way after awhile.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Traffic_Cop, just realize that like any job, there are some dickheads, incompetents, and just plain assholes that do the job. You may not be any of those, but there are some that fit one or more of those classifications.

If someone comes across just one of those officers that fits one of those classifications, guess what? They are going to remember it, and they are going to tell others. Just like when a customer gets shit service from a restaurant, spa, or mechanic. If it's bad, they will tell 10 people, if it was par for the course, they might tell 2. The bad news travels faster, and more frequently, that's just who we are as people.

Just don't bother defending your team.... you will never win. If people think that YOU PERSONALLY are an asshole, have at it.... you changed my mind.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by YamahaV8

My Uncle (narcotics division) - Hates traffic cops.
    My cousin (homicide division) - Hates traffic cops.
    Another cousin ( K9 unit) - Hates traffic cops.
    Your not getting this are you????. Traffic guys dont stay in traffic, they move. They come, then go back to the street, they then go to hmmmm Homicide, K9, etc.

Funny what you say about K9. We share a building and gym with them. I know all the guys personally, infact very well, and they know me as I have worked with all of them in a district. I work out all the time with these guys. So yah, I call BS.

My Ride
    '16 Sportwagen

Your not getting this are you????. Traffic guys dont stay in traffic, they move. They come, then go back to the street, they then go to hmmmm Homicide, K9, etc.

Funny what you say about K9. We share a building and gym with them. I know all the guys personally, infact very well, and they know me as I have worked with all of them in a district. I work out all the time with these guys. So yah, I call BS.
    Not trying to start an argument. Just presenting first hand information I have from other officers. Just because you work out with them doesn't mean they like your division. Maybe they just get along with you because of your charming outlook on life.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
    Traffic_Cop, just realize that like any job, there are some dickheads, incompetents, and just plain assholes that do the job. You may not be any of those, but there are some that fit one or more of those classifications.

If someone comes across just one of those officers that fits one of those classifications, guess what? They are going to remember it, and they are going to tell others. Just like when a customer gets shit service from a restaurant, spa, or mechanic. If it's bad, they will tell 10 people, if it was par for the course, they might tell 2. The bad news travels faster, and more frequently, that's just who we are as people.

Just don't bother defending your team.... you will never win. If people think that YOU PERSONALLY are an asshole, have at it.... you changed my mind.
    Granted. At the end of the day, its not a personal attack, its an attack on the uniform, more pertinent, its an attack on the red jacket. Theres 5 teams in traffic, i know theres a " special few" who wear the same uniform as me. But outta the 60 odd guys, i find it hard to beleive the " special few" have made Beyond history.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Lol YamahaV8 is obviously closer to his cousin than you are, so when he says his cousin hates traffic cops, then it is 100% true. Not sure how you think you can call BS on that haha.

Like the last two posts say, there is always a few jerk offs on a team, not everyone is as good as you. Maybe you just don't want to accept that this super crazy specialty unit that is supposed to have stiff competition let some jerk offs into the unit?

Granted. At the end of the day, its not a personal attack, its an attack on the uniform, more pertinent, its an attack on the red jacket. Theres 5 teams in traffic, i know theres a " special few" who wear the same uniform as me. But outta the 60 odd guys, i find it hard to beleive the " special few" have made Beyond history.
    It's a pretty big audience on here man.... and let's face it, it's an audience of people who like to drive "spirited". I wouldn't be too surprised.

Keep on keeping on.

My Ride
    oooo

I am not a COP HATER, and it's stupid for you to make a generalization like that about me, idiot.

Originally posted by wardpr68

I have fought every single ticket I have ever recieved and I am batting 100%. Even though traffic_cop will likely come on here and defend his honor (likely by pointing out a spelling mistake I have made again), most of these cops are not overly intelligent people. Find a hole in their story (you will know by their notes) and exploit it. Catch them off guard, make them unsure of themselves and you will win every time.

Call me, I will tell you what to do. It's not hard to beat these idiots, they barely passed high school for fuck sakes, you don't think you can outsmart them?

I 100% Guarentee this can be beat.

Thats BS!! I showed up at least twice a week!!, they even showed me how to spell guarantee.

I fight tickets all the god damn time, the cops are largely full of fucking bullshit and if you can make them look like an idiot in court (not hard to do) you will win.

The RCMP cop who I recently look like a high school drop out (which he likely was) was using the Stalker DSR2X which is instant-on.

Well... I tweeted about the Nissan Murano which I saw on deerfoot today with its lights on... and this is what CPS had to say....

Liars?

Originally posted by Cos

Actually I saw it at the same time as you. I was coming under Beddington and he was ripping by going north. 2 or 3 seconds later the batalion chief went by me. The fire in coventry was where I figured it was going. I could see the fire from CrossIron mall as I was driving in. Must have been 10:15 or 10:20 as I had left the office around 10:00
    Originally posted by Cos

well I'll be damned. sorry jay turns out it is cfd. saw it yesterday going to work. It had a white cfd letter decal in the rear quarter window. Didn't think fire could have red and blues. Thought only cps could have that.

Sorry again.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Wow.... you actually wasted your time finding all that? You must live a very fulfilling life.

Guess what captain hero? People are able to change their opinions on things! If not, I would still believe that the Power Rangers can save the world from any trouble that may happen!

Get over yourself you fucking tool.

My Ride
    NC1

lol

So interesting. I can never get any work done when I come across one of these threads.

Who knows if the OP is being completely honest. If so, that's pretty shitty deal getting nailed with 3 tickets. Anyway, it is what it is. Police can write tickets at their discretion so maybe they were having a bad day and took it out on you. who knows!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    lol

So interesting. I can never get any work done when I come across one of these threads.

Who knows if the OP is being completely honest. If so, that's pretty shitty deal getting nailed with 3 tickets. Anyway, it is what it is. Police can write tickets at their discretion so maybe they were having a bad day and took it out on you. who knows!
    Oh I quite assure you, I'm being completly honest, that is why it seems like shitty deal, and thus the original rant. I would never be rude to a guy writing me a ticket, it would be a dumb thing to do and if I had then I would understand the 3 tickets, since I was not it seems a little much to be getting 3, but hey that's life. You win some you lose some

My Ride
    oooo

Wow.... you actually wasted your time finding all that? You must live a very fulfilling life.

Guess what captain hero? People are able to change their opinions on things! If not, I would still believe that the Power Rangers can save the world from any trouble that may happen!

Get over yourself you fucking tool.
    Does that mean you don't hate asians anymore either?

2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by cgyITguy
    it seems a little much to be getting 3, but hey that's life. You win some you lose some
    Overall it sucks but I think you just summed it up right there. Thanks for sharing though. 26 over is nothing really. Modern day cars, won't even feel it on a 3 lane wide road like Crowchild. unless if you were still driving your first car, late 80's anything. Anyway, end of the day, ticket revenue is huge and someone's gotta pay the bills.

Posts like Vagabond's just annoy me. Along with those, well if you never speed blah blah. STFU already lol If no one sped, they would probably amend the speed limits even lower to entice you to speed lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast