Quantcast
Why are cops such A-holes ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are cops such A-holes ?

Default Why are cops such A-holes ?

More of a rant but I just don't get why traffic cops are such A-holes. I got a speeding ticket today, which I can live with. I was speeding so Im ok with that. Then I get a ticket for my headlight being out which I have an appointment to get fixed but apparently you can never drive with one out or it's the end of the world, but hey I can even live with that. The kicker which really pisses me off is getting a 3rd ticket in the batch for having a thin layer of dirt on my license plate. Completely unnecessary to give me this ticket after giving 2 already. I'll be sure to get a car wash every second day in the middle of winter!

Then to try to be my buddy or something, the cop tells me he speeds all the time and gets photoradar tickets. He says if I go to court I can probably get them reduced. Well thanks!!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-12-2019 at 11:18 AM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

You don't get the headlight one or the plate one if you aren't a dick with the cop. Those were given solely because of your attitude.

That and what SP said.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

But he's really picking on you for giving you a ticket for a dirty license plate.

But why do you have an appointment to change your headlight bulb, can you not do it yourself in 15 mins?

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

From what I understand, you have to drive like a complete asshat or do something amazingly retarded to be pulled over by cops. It's all theory though, since I've only talked to cops once and it was about my car getting broken into.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Certainly does sound like the cop was throwing the book at you.

Fraser might be right though... I wonder if you were giving the cop attitude. I suppose it is possible he was just having a real bad day, but usually when they start stacking up the tickets you're being difficult.

Originally posted by effingidiot
    From what I understand, you have to drive like a complete asshat or do something amazingly retarded to be pulled over by cops. It's all theory though, since I've only talked to cops once and it was about my car getting broken into.
    Sometimes yes, but often no. Speeding more than 10-15k over the limit may very well get you pulled over. Sometimes they'll let speeds like that slide unless there is another reason they want to pull you over. Going 30k over will often get you pulled over.

As a younger guy back in the day with a bright red muscle car, I was pulled over constantly... whether I was doing something wrong or not. In that case, I guess they just figured I met the "profile" of someone who might be causing issues. I had my car searched on three occasions... all without just cause. Looking back though, I suppose it is possible I might have been giving off some attitude myself due to being pissed off for being profiled all the time.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 12-10-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Driving around with one headlight is stupid. Even my gf can change her own headlight bulbs, why can't you?.
    Really depends on the car..

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I got a ticket for having a dirty LP once a few years ago. Ever since then I make a point to wash it when I get gas with the squeegee they have there during winter. $115 I hope I never have to piss away again.

I got that ticket 2 days after spending $40 on a car wash/detail at my office too and that's the only reason he pulled me over as it was rush hour and I was moving at 20km/h.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

TRAFFIC cops are A holes .... no question. These guys will ticket members off duty and probably their own mothers.

While they do have a very specific job to do, they are being robots behind the lidar and engage in needless multiple ticketing to meet their daily shift quotas.

21kph over the limit was norm with the RCMP whereas 11kph seems to be the magic number with CPS traffic. I'm sure they fill their quotas very quickly.

the game is the game

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by effingidiot
    Absolutely not the case in CALGARY.

In VANCOUVER, people routinely do 90 in a 60 zone (Granville and Oak st) and the cops barely blink.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Headlight could be damaged fyi.

I'm currently driving around with one headlight out cause the light itself is actually damaged from an accident.

what bothers me is I was completely as polite to him as could be, no sense being rude when your fate is in his hands, so seems unreasonable to me that he was such an ass back. The speeding ticket was 106 in an 80. It was the offramp from deerfoot to southland, was doing deerfoot speed when exiting, it happens, i take responsibility for that. And for those who are asking, the reason I can't change the light myself is because on my car the whole bumper has to come off to get to the light, they couldn't even change it at Mr. Lube, and I'm not going to attempt that myself as I'm not a car guy

Originally posted by cgyITguy
    And for those who are asking, the reason I can't change the light myself is because on my car the whole bumper has to come off to get to the light, they couldn't even change it at Mr. Lube, and I'm not going to attempt that myself as I'm not a car guy
    that's one heck of a job to change a burn-out light bulb.
    i want to know, what kind of vehicle you have?!

My Ride
    1998 5VZ-FE

Originally posted by gx12

X2

1st gen Audi TT's are one vehicle that are famous for their headlight removal issues.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Cops aren't assholes. They are law enforcement agents. It's their job to ticket you when you contravene the traffic laws, as you have openly admitted to doing.

And if they can't read the license plate because it's covered with dirt, that's not their fault, it's yours. I was behind a BMW today that I couldn't even tell that it HAD a license plate, it was so dirty. And instead of taking 5 seconds to get a rag and wipe off your plate, you come on to Beyond and whine about it.... really?
    Geek

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by gx12

Pretty similar on my old ride, the Caddy CTS, removing the light pretty much requires you to remove your front bumper. Can't access the light bulb from under the hood. Piss poor design, but yah, isn't as easy as some cars...twist replace twist

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

With the way the weather was last week, you could wipe your plate off and have it completely covered again in one trip. Regardless of how you act you sometimes get a cunt for a cop. Nothing you can do about it.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast