Quantcast
Why are cops such A-holes ? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are cops such A-holes ?

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Can you guys please start cracking down hard on people not using their turn signal? This has to be my biggest pet peeve. I don't understand why people don't think they have to ever use it. I used to single out a particular mode of vehicle that would not use their signal but the more I notice it the more I see it doesn't matter what type of vehicle it is.

Oh and can you just one time stand on the corner at Kensington Rd and 10th st @ 4:30-6:30pm? You would be able to pick up 5-10 tickets instantly from improper lane change, failure to signal, impeeding traffic all with the same car(s). I see this stuff every single day.

I've come down to the realization that people don't really care what they do on the road as long as they don't get pulled over for doing it.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    Can you guys please start cracking down hard on people not using their turn signal? This has to be my biggest pet peeve. I don't understand why people don't think they have to ever use it. I used to single out a particular mode of vehicle that would not use their signal but the more I notice it the more I see it doesn't matter what type of vehicle it is.

Oh and can you just one time stand on the corner at Kensington Rd and 10th st @ 4:30-6:30pm? You would be able to pick up 5-10 tickets instantly from improper lane change, failure to signal, impeeding traffic all with the same car(s). I see this stuff every single day.

I've come down to the realization that people don't really care what they do on the road as long as they don't get pulled over for doing it.
    I've tried to enforce the Kensington x 10 St thing. Ends up causing a bigger traffic cluster f*@# when you stop someone. Those people that do that crap are idiots and I'd love to hammer them with tickets, but at that time of day in that traffic, it's just not practical, unfortunately.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

If I was a traffic cop and all I was doing was driving around, I'd have easily 50 "failure to signal" tickets a day.

Then when I'm off duty, people would recognize me and call me a pos

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Because your government has determined that they are. Cops don't set the fines.

As for discretion, all the time with me. I let two people off with expired reg this weekend because I told them to go register their cars and come back and show me. They both did, I ripped up the tickets, they're both happy, and they both have an extra $230 to spend this Christmas.
    I understand that cops dont set the fines, but its your job to inforce them.

Its nice of you to give the drivers the benefit of the doubt on the registration tickets, but i bet you didnt rip up their speeding ticket or their other infraction ticket.

Im not telling you guys that are apart of the CPS to go out and get everyone on every single infringement, i'm saying that there are certain violations that shouldnt get over looked, you know which ones they are.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Because your government has determined that they are. Cops don't set the fines.

As for discretion, all the time with me. I let two people off with expired reg this weekend because I told them to go register their cars and come back and show me. They both did, I ripped up the tickets, they're both happy, and they both have an extra $230 to spend this Christmas.
    Hoooooold on a second..

Aren't you a peace officer on NAIT's campus? What are you doing stopping people for registration?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by GS430

Hoooooold on a second..

Aren't you a peace officer on NAIT's campus? What are you doing stopping people for registration?

Hes EPS...

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by Shlade

Hes EPS...
    Ah my apologies.

I thought I remember reading in a thread, not too long ago, that he was a peace officer.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I thought he worked in a bank truck a while back, and was going military?.. Im not up to date though.

Hoooooold on a second..

That's what he said less than a month ago....

If you want better security, lobby your MLA for better equipped officers. As a PO myself, we go through the same training the Sheriffs do. So why do they get guns to protect themselves and we don't? Are their lives worth more? Transit cops and university/college POs enforce way more than Sheriffs do. Why aren't we equipped the same?
    Unless he got a new job in the last month....
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Pretty sure that he is EPS, he's on 780tuners as well.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

That's funny because if you call 911 from my campus, it goes to us. And we'll get there before EPS does, I promise you that.
    Seeing as how he refers to EPS as "the other guys", I am willing to bet he isn't.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Dear Police of Beyond,

Please hang out at the two small traffic circles behind Western Canada High and 7th st SW. I have never seen a consistent daily retard fest other than those two 4 way stop replacements. WOW!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

thought he had put in for EPS a while back. Figured he was a Police Officer by now.

My Ride
    oooo

He started with RCMP or EPS shortly before the UofA shooting. It's all in that thread.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy.
    --G. K. Chesterton
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Hoooooold on a second..

I am a PO at NAIT, yes. We have every right to ask for documents on any vehicle with an expired registration on our property. So if we drive by, see your registration is (in my case, grossly, like months and months) we'll run your plate. We run that name through our Staff/Student finder and see where you are. Chances are, I'll write you a ticket and give you a short time frame to fix the problem. No different than a traffic stop, which we should be allowed to do by spring time. The Sol Gen has no issue with us doing traffic stops, we're all trained how to do them and we have instructors on our staff, but the board at the college needs to be convinced that it's a good idea, which it is. We'd have TONS of failure to yield to pedestrian tickets we could right if our board let us stop moving vehicles. The U of A can do it, and I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to either.

I've never said I was EPS, at least not yet. Getting there, though!

And yes, I am ex-military and ex-armoured car. Glad you guys keep tabs on this shit haha!

My Ride
    R6///R50

I am a PO at NAIT, yes. We have every right to ask for documents on any vehicle with an expired registration on our property. So if we drive by, see your registration is (in my case, grossly, like months and months) we'll run your plate. We run that name through our Staff/Student finder and see where you are. Chances are, I'll write you a ticket and give you a short time frame to fix the problem. No different than a traffic stop, which we should be allowed to do by spring time. The Sol Gen has no issue with us doing traffic stops, we're all trained how to do them and we have instructors on our staff, but the board at the college needs to be convinced that it's a good idea, which it is. We'd have TONS of failure to yield to pedestrian tickets we could right if our board let us stop moving vehicles. The U of A can do it, and I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to either.

I've never said I was EPS, at least not yet. Getting there, though!

And yes, I am ex-military and ex-armoured car. Glad you guys keep tabs on this shit haha!
    Tabs are for jealous girlfriends, I have a good memory lol.

You peace officers must get a lot of love on campus, issuing poor students tickets haha. Whatever though, serve and protect I guess.
    Last edited by GS430; 12-12-2012 at 09:30 AM.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Tabs are for jealous girlfriends, I have a good memory lol.

You peace officers must get a lot of love on campus, issuing poor students tickets haha. Whatever though, serve and protect I guess.
    Depends what the issue really is. And in my experience, not too many students are poor...

Take this one for example. On Friday, we watch for people smoking right outside the bar doors. It's illegal, it's something our boss wants us to focus on, and it's something the bar patrons want us to do. So we do it.

I ticketed a guy for smoking at the doorway. It's a $287 fine, and it goes to warrant if you don't pay it. Right before he handed over his ID, he tried to run on me. He got about three steps before I grabbed him and stopped him. At that point, in retrospect, I could and should have arrested him and put him in cuffs. No biggie, but that's the way it goes. He didn't have a driver's license and I asked him why and he said it was suspended for his 2nd DUI. When I finished writing the ticket he asked if it would affect his probation. I told him probably not. When I told him if he didn't pay it, it would go to warrant he said he already had one. I let him go back in the bar with his ticket and then called EPS. They ran his name, and sure as shit, on probation for DUI. One of his probation conditions is he can't drink.

So I walked back into the bar, saw him drinking, asked him what he was drinking and when he told me, arrested him for probation breach. Waited 20 minutes for EPS to come collect him and do whatever they want. We also found his vehicle in the parking lot, so a lot of good that suspended license did.

So yeah, I also think trolling for registration is a little petty. But it's crazy where some things can lead you. That case above, I think that's pretty good police work, IMO.

Sounds like an interesting job

My Brother in law works as a peace officer for a hospital in Calgary (I forget which one) and he has some crazy stories. I've considered becoming a peace officer just for a different change of pace.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast